PDA

View Full Version : High school teacher Fired......

creep house
04-20-2009, 11:32 PM
A High school teacher was fired today here in Elpaso because she
showed a senior class the movie Saw II.......

A rep from the school dist. said some of the kids are having nightmares...

lol......have you seen any TV today?....saw II.....please!

A class last year saw the movie Brave Heart with no problems....

The rep from the Dist. said that Brave Heart was OK because that was
what the class was studing at the time........lol

??? sounds like my kind of teacher !

Casey.....Creep House poductions

Jim Warfield
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
My son had a teacher who would show alot of movies. He would often fall asleep and they would put in whatever movie that wanted to, lots of fun!

Haunts of Richmond
04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
The rep from the Dist. said that Brave Heart was OK because that was
what the class was studing at the time........lol

I guess the scariest parts about Braveheart were the historical inaccuracies.

Jordan24
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
I don't really find anything educational in watching a Saw movie?

Those movies are a bit too gorey to be shown in a classroom anyways...

Firing her was probably the right call.

creep house
04-21-2009, 12:12 AM
By the way...... SAW II , Rated R

not a good idea for High schoolers

I can see parents point of veiw........

Casey.......Creep House productions

drfrightner
04-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Showing Saw anything is stupid ... WHY? What are you trying to teach? If it was a film class I could see showing it but if it was history or whatever that is just stupid beyond belief. The teacher should be fired that teacher is an idiot!

Who knows what that teacher would do next... as for some students having nightmares ummmmm Saw II was a stupid movie, it wasn't scary and anyone who would get nightmares from that turd is a wimp!

Larry

Dr. Giggles
04-21-2009, 01:14 AM
Or they are highschoolers larry? Hahah, they tend to be more susceptible to these things then those of us in the horror industry. But is there any info on the class this teacher taught? Because for a film or cinemetography class i could understand this choice. As it definetly has a certain style that it was given by the director. But other then that, it is a little innapropriate.

Boni
04-21-2009, 02:54 AM
Or they are highschoolers larry? Hahah, they tend to be more susceptible to these things then those of us in the horror industry. But is there any info on the class this teacher taught? Because for a film or cinemetography class i could understand this choice. As it definetly has a certain style that it was given by the director. But other then that, it is a little innapropriate.

WARNING, SPOILER ALERT IF YOU PLAN ON SEEING SAW II

Is Saw II the one where the cops kid is in the safe the whole time.

drfrightner
04-21-2009, 03:49 AM
Yes just think New Kids on the Block then go ugggghhhh, then puke, then shoot yourself for ever wasting a dime on this movie...

Then go look for those old cassette tapes and find your single of RIGHT STUFF... and do the oooo oooo ooo aaahhh the Right stuff.

Hey I'm going to ticketmaster right now to find tickets they are coming to town... I can't wait! Go Donnie... he's my fav! LOL

Larry

Darkangel
04-21-2009, 06:47 AM
I agree why a Saw movie in class? Braveheart is historically accurate in many ways, not all. Plus its about a thousand times better than any Saw movie so I can't fault them for showing that.

Darkangel

mindtumor
04-21-2009, 07:21 AM
I would be highly upset if a teacher in my district showed this sort of movie in high school. Seniors or not where to you start to draw the line if you allow this sort of film to be shown in school.

P.S I haven't seen Saw 2 but I have seen Saw 3 and it was one of the stupidest movies I have ever seen.

BruiseMuse
04-21-2009, 08:02 AM
I know at my step-son's school, they have to send home "Permissions slips" anytime the teacher wants to show a violent or R-rated movie. But their film choice relates to the class, like they they just watched Glory, The Patriot, and Schindler's List.

I really don't see the point in showing Saw 2 for a class.

brad
04-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Yes just think New Kids on the Block then go ugggghhhh, then puke, then shoot yourself for ever wasting a dime on this movie...

Then go look for those old cassette tapes and find your single of RIGHT STUFF... and do the oooo oooo ooo aaahhh the Right stuff.

Hey I'm going to ticketmaster right now to find tickets they are coming to town... I can't wait! Go Donnie... he's my fav! LOL

Larry

Dude, you're going to go watch New Kids On the Block?

Willingly?

damon carson
04-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Larry must not be getting much sleep again! LOL! Ive seen the NKOTB in there hay day but I worked the concert at the arena they played at. It had to be the best concert I ever was at. Not because of them but the crowd they brought there. It was nothing but women.
Damon

drfrightner
04-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Maybe the teacher was trying to draw attention to the Saw franchise and say...

STOP MAKING THIS HORRIBLE MOVIES WE ARE DONE...

They have another one coming out this October... tell me WHO IS DONE WITH THESE? HOW MANY MORE CAN THEY MAKE? CAN WE GET A NEW HORROR MOVIE IN OCTOBER?

SOMEONE ANYONE????

BruiseMuse
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
I don't know which is worse: the endless Saw sequels or the bad remakes.

Jim Warfield
04-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Maybe it was a class on "Torture-Real and Imagined."
"Braveheart" had a torture ending afterall. No fun there.
I never saw any "Saw" movies, I like tools of all kinds, hand tools, power tools and I want to have kind thoughts only about them.
Larry, my Wife was going to be selling her "New Kids" windbreakeron e-bay, if you are interested, it's in real good shape, never worn. She was/is a collector of stuff like that.

damon carson
04-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the Saw movies. I was looking at a Fangoria and it said Saw 6 in October. I had seen this way back in the October or November issue. But It really struck me the other day as these are really getting old. Its cool they can make them for every year. But far as a sequel space them out a few years. They are just milking it for all its worth. And they wont stop until the final movie bombs.
Damon

Jim Warfield
04-21-2009, 12:58 PM
They will just pick another innocent tool!
"Drill!"
"Box-Cutter!"
"BFH!"
but the most terror of all... "The Hong-Kong Laser Level!"

Dr. Giggles
04-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I was never fond of the saw movies. I only go see them, because i mean the way he kills people is pretty creative. But i did have one question, were does he get so many recorders? In every movie he uses like 50! "I would like to play a game"

mindtumor
04-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I don't know which is worse: the endless Saw sequels or the bad remakes.

How about a Saw remake?

Tater
04-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow

If yall are up in arms about Saw...I can assure you that we watched much worse in highschool. When the teachers didnt feel like teaching they just put a movie in.

I remember the Business teacher would put in Kingpin, Jurassic Parkand Cube...I know we watched the 2 hour Seinfield Finale in another class...I dont see why the teacher got fired. If they think thats learning is taking place in school for seniors this close to the end of the year...they are sorely mistaken

DarkTikiEntertainment
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I wonder why it was "Saw II", instead of the (far better) original?

creep house
04-21-2009, 01:45 PM
It was just a random movie on a slow friday.........

Turns out she was NOT fired , but put on administrative leave untill further notice...

I like that...finally a teacher in TIME OUT !!! lol

Dr. Giggles
04-21-2009, 02:14 PM
LOL! Thats funny, but i mean of all random movies there were others she could have picked that would NOT have put her on adminstrative leave.

Mad Wax Sculptor
04-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Ahhh I still have fond memories of Romeo and juliet being showed in English class. It was a right of passage it showed breasts and assumed intercorse. Texas is screwed up I remember sending my kids to highschool in Ft Worth isd. They love wasteing time by spending days during testing week just watching movies. I asked several times why did I get up and drive you to and fro just so you can watch movies all day.

xxxdirk
04-21-2009, 06:22 PM
LOL ahhh the politcally correct 21st century. Back in 1977 I was a freshman in HS. We did The Odd Couple Play. we had REAL BEER on stage and were smoking real cigs and cigars.... LOL, ahh to go back in time again....

Dr. Giggles
04-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah politically correct, i remember doing (in highschool drama class) a depressing piece about a guy who goes on a school shooting. Well not anymore. Played an angry gay hooker once, not anymore. Hahaha

TheNightMare
04-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Maybe the teacher was trying to draw attention to the Saw franchise and say...

STOP MAKING THIS HORRIBLE MOVIES WE ARE DONE...

They have another one coming out this October... tell me WHO IS DONE WITH THESE? HOW MANY MORE CAN THEY MAKE? CAN WE GET A NEW HORROR MOVIE IN OCTOBER?

SOMEONE ANYONE????

The SAW movies were made to represent two-trilogies. So SAW 6 is the final chapter from what I read. That is why SAW 3 ended the jigsaw character and moved on with someone else. I like the game portion of the franchise, but SAW 5 was garbage to me.

Dr. Giggles
04-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Well, i am pretty sure that its actually supposed to go up to saw 8, or thats what i was told anyway.

poison
04-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Well i SAW SAW 5 the other night and i was irritated with the metal luggage i walked away with from yet another pointless Movie. Somebody actually said it was a good movie too. What is with pointless gore any way? I myself would much rather see something like THE RING, Jacob's Ladder, SEVEN, SILENT HILL or even Underworld.

Jim Warfield
04-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I'll be setting the camera up in a grocery store's meat department , working title is "Grinder" how many hours of not moving the camera away from the hamburger being ground do you think I can get away with?
Remember Andy Warhol's "Empire"? What was it? 8 hours of the cameras pointed at the Empire State Building. Sometimes a bird would fly by!!!
"Grinder II" would be the exact same film ran backwards, you get to see the meat be rebuilt, leaving the grinder, it goes backwards out of the store to lead cherrfull, productive lives.
Once again sort of like the film of a woman delivering her child ran backwards by Andy, all the Doctors seemed to be stuffing it back into her, she waddles backwards out of the hospital, gets in the Taxi, it drives away in reverse.(Accidentally runs over Andy as he looks the wrong way when crossing the street as he is carrying his Empire film under his arm!)
He didn't expect a Taxi coming down the street backwards!!

chuck weber
04-23-2009, 10:06 AM
"Our Mister Sun" or that cheap bell telephone christmas movie with the Calabrese Marionettes from 1959. Nightmares from watching SAW 2, gimmie a break !!!!! I laughed !!!!