PDA

View Full Version : Fireproofing a building????

danglin
04-24-2009, 10:09 PM
Obviously, everything that we put into our haunts must be soaked with enough fire retardant to appease the local inspectors and protect our customers, however, have any of you had to spray fire retardant on your building itself??? The building that I may lease this year has an exterior made of large cedar boards (like large railroad cross-ties), so naturally this material would be extremely flammable. There is also a large series of wooden decks that surround the building, and the customers would be walking on and through them. This old wood will probably drink up the fire retardant spray faster than i could apply it. The building was open for business for many years up until 18 months ago, so it was approved by the Fire Marshall at some point. I just want to know what to expect before I approach the Fire Marshall . Does anyone have any suggestions???

Allen H
04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
It is very hard to know what to expect before you talk to the fire marshal. Talk to them first, I think you are worried too much. Invite them to your site and honestly tell them your plans, there may be no need to freak out.
Allen H