PDA

View Full Version : Darkness New Actor Room

drfrightner
04-30-2009, 12:08 AM
Hey Everyone... something we couldn't do before the show but are almost done with, but still working on is our new actors room for the Darkness. It really is awesome and will make running our haunt 10 times more organized!

I couldn't get good pictures because the power was out but there is like enough spaeces for 25 or so actors to get in make up at one time. Each section is like a football locker room, but sectioned off by section of the haunt you work in. In other words if you work in the new Terror Visions you have your own actors room with a door, with blacklights, all in one room.

If you work in a certain section of the mansion where you wear say overalls, jump suits or what ever you have your own section, if you work in the mansion where you say wear a dress you have your own section, zombies own section, mummies for downstairs own section, blah, blah.

Every single type of costume is sectioned off from the others so if you are a zombie that night there are all the zombies masks, make up, costumes, everything TOGETHER.

In the photos you can see like closets with hangers that one closet type thing is for say all clowns, or all zombies, or whatever.

Each bay has or will have actor numbers assigned to the make up station, and it will show you a map of the haunt and a number system for what scene you work in and what costume you should wear.

Hard to explain the whole thing but its cool. We even have a dentist chair inside in the middle for detailed make up jobs. There are also lockers for the actors to lock up their stuff.

Anyway its not done but once it is it will be very very cool! The room will also feature TV sets, that will play clips from Darkness past!

Anyway we're just trying to finish the place up!

Next year you can see it all! This is something we've needed for a long time and finally we did it... it took about 2 weeks to build but is worth it.

Take care.
Larry

Fear Unfathomed
04-30-2009, 01:29 AM
yeah i heard this was being done - thats awesome! i should hopefully be stopping by in the middle of may to check it out. looks great!

BruiseMuse
04-30-2009, 06:32 AM
Very cool, organization like that makes running production so much easier.

Raycliff Manor
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
That's awesome Larry! This can only improve the morale when your Actors see that you are investing in them. Very cool!

Kel

Jolly Pumpkin
04-30-2009, 09:59 AM
This is really neat. I bet is cost a pretty penny putting this all together. It will surely help the haunt for years to come.

Killer Katie
04-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Looks great! I have always wanted a cast room that looks that organized, not just tables with makeup on them.
I am so jealous of your staff this year!

SomeThingInTheIce
04-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I hear that, folding tables and folding chairs for us too.

Looks great! I have always wanted a cast room that looks that organized, not just tables with makeup on them.
I am so jealous of your staff this year!

Banshee
04-30-2009, 06:55 PM
Very nice! I like the little 'cubby-holes'
I've been working on our costume organization this week....

Killer Katie
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
You have chairs??? What a luxury! LOL

Motograter
05-01-2009, 09:34 AM
You have chairs??? What a luxury! LOL

LOL I know what you mean. The last two years our actors only had standing room only to put make up on and a fight to use the bathroom mirror.

drfrightner
05-01-2009, 11:17 AM
When we first started out we had nothig either, heck I dont' remember having an actors room really until sometime after we started The Darkness. Everone starts somewhere right...

Look at it this way... we've been doing this since 1989 and we finally built this world class actors room. It takes time to get things like this done, for us, for you, for everyone!

But its something to strive for!

The main reason we built it is because we are not going anywhere, heck we just build a building addition so we are really not going anywhere. We need to improve everywhere we can even small things!

Everything adds up to success!

Larry