PDA

View Full Version : Trick 'R Treat film

HauntChris
05-03-2009, 10:20 PM
A guy told me he was there at Fangoria screening last October in Manhattan, New York. And, he stated that it was the best Halloween themed movie he had ever seen. And, a sexy actress Anna Paquin from HBO TV "TRUE BLOOD" was played in TRT movie!

Well, he said that the problem is that it will probably never get distributed. He knows you techincally it may never be published. He's interested if anyone of you else saw it?

graystone
05-04-2009, 05:36 AM
Hummmmmmmm well that was random! Shane and its ummmmmmm hummmmmm how about them Braves this year! Shane this time!

BruiseMuse
05-04-2009, 05:46 AM
I've been wanting to see that movie for over 2 years now; I wish it would get distributed into theaters or at least go direct to DVD already.

Evernight
05-04-2009, 06:48 AM
HiDefDigest reported that this will go directly to DVD this year - haven't released what month. It sucks that this won't get the full screen treatment that it deserves but at least it's finally getting out to us.

For anyone not familiar with the movie it is an awesome halloween movie with alot of traditional halloween themes to it, check out the preview - you can find it online, or I know there is a good preview on the "300" DVD

Evernight
05-04-2009, 06:51 AM
Just after I posted that last message my friend told me there was a new 2009 preview on youtube that is an extended preview, and it states that its coming to Bluray and DVD this October!!

Just search for (Trick 'r Treat (2009) DVD Trailer) on youtube.

Darkangel
05-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Can you post the link?

Thanks,
Darkangel

Mike Bizub
05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6vHOgCV0rc Mike

Darkangel
05-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Thanks, I looked for and watched it but its always good to post a link!

Darkangel

SomeThingInTheIce
05-04-2009, 01:15 PM
I have been waiting for this movie, it was like it just droped of the face of the earth.

HauntChris
05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Hey Horror Fans,

The current word seems to be that Trick 'R Treat is going direct to DVD (why oh why, horror gods???) and should be released by the end of 2009.

According to this promotion, it sadly looks like it is going to the DVD/Blu-Ray route...

I am still holding out for a theatrical release. :(

drfrightner
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Here is the deal on this film...

First and foremost I will tell you that put out a really really awesome book on this film with all kinds of cool set design work, and other stuff. I bought it and it was really cool!

Secondly they have already put toys out for this film I bought one just last week. So the film is coming.

Here is what happened... Warner owns New Line and Warner folded New Line into Warner. So all of New Lines films mostly horror ones got chopped and went straight to video, and we're talking about big budget ones as well lik "AMUSEMENT" which I thought was pretty cool!!!!

Trick R Treat movie has Bryan Singer behind it and he doesnt want the same 'AMUSEMENT' Treatment he wants the film released on the big screen. The film was supposed to come out two Octobers ago on the big screen then it got pulled for re-shoots. Then it was set to come out the following October then they changed their minds and was suppose to release it on Halloween 2009 on DVD.

At the last minute they changed their minds again because they screened the film in LA and people loved it... so then the thinking was they should do a theactrical release the following October 2010.

Where the and what they do with this film is up in the air. Whenever you release a film at the theater it cost millions of dollars for prints, and marketing, plus the share the theater owners get. You can lose money doing this and that is where I think they are on this movie...should they or shouldn't they.

I don't think they even know yet!

Bottom line the toys are out there, and so is the book!

Get it while you can!

Larry

Evernight
05-04-2009, 03:46 PM
I know two years ago the masks, costumes, and toys were released and then pulled almost as soon as they hit the shelves, my friend has one of the masks that is a two in one "Sam The Demon" Now the masks are for sale again, some of them popped up last year, and now you can find them everywhere for sale. So not sure if this can be considered a sign that it's going to come out....but we can hope.

It would be great to see a good original Halloween flick hit the big screen instead of being pushed straight to DVD.....although I can't say I would be as upset if it came with a tons of extras and behind the scenes stuff on the DVD.

scarygoat
05-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I have been wanting to see this movie for what feels like forever!!!! Apparently it was really really good. Every time I watch 300 I always forget about the trailer for trick r treat and then the school bus scene comes on with all the creepy little kids. That scene creeps me out every time.

Scareview
05-04-2009, 07:49 PM
When I first read the title of this thread I thought of the movie, Trick OR Treat....you know the one with appearances by Gene Simmons and Ozzy. LOL....aww the good ole days!

screamline studios
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
This movie could be great, however shit or get of the pot!!!

Jason

Killer Katie
05-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Scareview - Me too! I thought it was another re-imagining, and i wasn'tgonna stand for that!!!!! LOL I still have my Sammy Kerr poster!

This movie looks pretty sweet... if it is on DVD, I'm gonna find a place to show it theater style!!!

DarkTikiEntertainment
05-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Not to be confused with "Trick Or Treat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lomZHKf9Exw)", the greatest horror movie ever made!

HauntChris
05-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Ok, there are a few threads about it, below contains the most recent release info, which appears to be a direct DVD/Blu-Ray release in October 2009 (http://www.halloweenforum.com/horror-discussion/75811-trick-r-treat.html)

The writer/director hints an official release announcement is coming in June or July on his MySpace page.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=175591459&blogId=484535560

damon carson
05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Almost sounds like another House of 1000 Corpses. Only with different problems. It will probably be better than the Halloween crap he is coming out with. Sorry to say.
Damon

brad
05-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I wish this movie would come to theaters like it deserves!!

They even made action figures!

HauntChris
05-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice images, Brad! .... No worries... I'm still anxious waiting for this TRT movie to come out ASAP!!!

Well, I have to be patient when it comes out anytime in the future. And/or, if anyone has a copy of DVD of this TRT then I would be more than happy buying it from someone else in this nationwide USA only. :)

HauntChris
05-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Anyways... I see there's a petition to release this movie.

www.petitiononline.com/100507/petition.html

brad
05-08-2009, 01:22 AM
I just tired to get on and sign the petition, but there an internal error on the site.

So I will try again tomorrow.

drfrightner
05-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Chris,

STOP USING FOUL WORDS.. I'm starting to think you are 'everyone knows who' and I will delete your account again! We've had to edit your posts now several times for your use of the word 'F*CK'. Last warning!

Larry

Darkangel
05-08-2009, 04:41 AM
THANK YOU Larry, I noticed this as well....

Darkangel

MMManiac
05-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I think the first line of business the HHA should do is buy the rights to the film and get it released on the big screen!

:)

Maybe?

SomeThingInTheIce
05-08-2009, 11:38 AM
You know with all the talent on this board, we could make a he// of a horror movie.

I think the first line of business the HHA should do is buy the rights to the film and get it released on the big screen!

:)

Maybe?

HauntChris
05-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry Larry!

Something just slipped out of my mind, but I thought it's like freedom of speech... but I have to watch what I say? I guess there are some kids around here who are haunters like us?

From now and on, I will not use any more foul language. ;)

Chris,

STOP USING FOUL WORDS.. I'm starting to think you are 'everyone knows who' and I will delete your account again! We've had to edit your posts now several times for your use of the word 'F*CK'. Last warning!

Larry

Darkangel
05-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Chris,

It's not about if there are kids on here, but using foul language repeatedly makes you come off as the kid, not those who would rather not hear or read it.

Thanks,
Darkangel

drfrightner
05-08-2009, 01:22 PM
We should. We should get like 100 haunted house owners to put money into a poll and make a horror movie about a haunted house. We could get awesome PR for that and well make a movie!

Larry

HauntChris
05-08-2009, 02:15 PM
It would excellent idea if the haunt owner who wants to direct the haunted house movie! If this is happeneing, I would go see it!

xxxdirk
05-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Actually I remember seeing this advertised on some DVD I watched and I was all excited about seeing it. Hope it comes out and we can see it in the theaters, but so many movies are filmed and never make it to even DVD. Can you imagine if you had worked on the movie or were an actor thinking this would be your big break only to never see it. :(
As a side note, I had bought the movie "Darkride" last summer and did enjoy that. Story about a killer running around a haunt. Not the best movie in the world, but nota waste of $12.
As a big fan of CSI, I often thought it would be cool to have a murder that took place in a haunt. Can you imagine the opening scene as the camera pans around a haunt scene and all the carnage only to reveal that everything is a prop. LOL, have them visit Bo and Brady as the sick twisted minds that come up with the stuff!!

brad
05-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Can you imagine if you had worked on the movie or were an actor thinking this would be your big break only to never see it. :(
!!

This is how I felt about the movie I was in. It was a small background role, but I was still in a major movie!

It took almost 2 years for the movie to be released on DVD. They changed the name of the movie from "Homeland Security" to "My Moms New Boyfriend".

I got lucky when I saw the DVD on the rack at Wal-Mart, and I noticed it had the same movie stars that was in the movie I was in.

I'm glad I saw it, cause I would have never seen it since they changed the title.

SomeThingInTheIce
05-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Do it Larry if anybody can get the ball rolling on this it would be you, it would take sometime to get somebody to write a good script and get it all lined up. To late for this year but we could get the ball rolling, it takes time to get a movie started but once it is all planed out shooting it can be done in a few weeks and all the stuff that needs to done after but he// with all the people on this board all the bases would be covered and covered more then once. I'm going to start a post with a poll about this, man that would be some wicked PR for haunted attractions for sure.

We should. We should get like 100 haunted house owners to put money into a poll and make a horror movie about a haunted house. We could get awesome PR for that and well make a movie!

Larry

Hauntiholik
05-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Why aren't these horror movie threads being posted in the "Horror, Science Fiction, Cult Classics and Comic Movie Chat" forum?

xxxdirk
05-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Thats why I am excited to have been an extra in the Johnny Depp movie PUBLIC ENEMIES coming out this July. Pretty sure that will be in the theaters, I mean it IS JD after all! Plus I have seen commercilas from it and the scene I was in, was in the the commercial!! Now if only I can see myself when it comes out, that would be sweet!!!!

HauntChris
05-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I guess maybe somebody must be smoking up some dopes here! LOL

Why aren't these horror movie threads being posted in the "Horror, Science Fiction, Cult Classics and Comic Movie Chat" forum?

chuck weber
05-08-2009, 11:57 PM
What ever happened to that film??? Please advise, anybody !!!!

Hauntiholik
05-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I guess maybe somebody must be smoking up some dopes here! LOL

Why do you say that Captain Spaulding? I just wanted to know why you aren't posting your horror threads in the proper forum. You're making a mess.