PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend prequel

HauntChris
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. has OK'd a prequel to the Will Smith flick "I Am Legend".

Did anyone see "I Am Legend" before? If so, what did you think? And, do you want to see more of Neville and th last days of civilization?

Fear Unfathomed
05-06-2009, 12:56 AM
I saw it and I loved it! I think it would be really cool for this movie to have a prequel because throughout the movie you only got flashbacks about what had happened. However, it took the whole movie to explain the general idea of what happened and that mystery factor was part of what made it so good.
But yeah, I really enjoyed this movie. I need to buy it.

hauntedhousenut
05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I hope they use live actors for the zombies this time, because they looked rubber like in the movie.

HauntedMemphis
05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I would be more excited if the first movie didn't blow the ending.

tchaunt
05-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry hauntedhousenut, but it's Hollywood. If you want sets that look realistic and monsters that look horribly wonderful, then go to The Darkness. ;)

I hope that the story line to this movie will be as good as the story line to the "first" movie (I say "first" because it is really a remake--and based off of a novel, too)

Nightgore
05-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Why? That's all I ask... why? The first one sucked harder than Gigli!!!! -Tyler

Killer Katie
05-06-2009, 03:40 PM
I really liked the first one, do you have any idea how hard it was to carry the film based solely on your acting and a dog? Will smith is one of the best actors there is, in my opinion!
I think they could do ALOT with a storyline that follows the disease from the cure phase to the end phase, and the city being taken over by nature.
Tyler - hate to say it, but it DID NOT suck.... and comparing it to Gigli is a sin! LOL

BruiseMuse
05-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I liked the book but wasn't a big fan of the movie. Will Smith did a nice job of acting, but I couldn't get over the cheesy CGI zombies. They just looked silly to me.

tchaunt
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I do agree that the vampires (I'm pretty sure that's what they're reffered as in the book--I don't know though. It's been a while since I read the blurb) looked pretty dumb. Especially in the scene where the dog runs in on the group that's sleeping.

BruiseMuse
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Yeah, in the book they were referred to as vampiric, but in the movie they looked more zombie-like to me.

Killer Katie
05-06-2009, 07:58 PM
CGI still can't compare to live action, that's for sure!

brad
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I liked the first one, but i didnt LOVE the movie...

If they make a prequel, they need to use real actors for the zombies.

HauntChris
05-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, they looked like more zombies to me than vampires! Because they're all blood-thirsty monters! Anyways... there were some rumors about this one the last time....

I Am Legend "Prequel" is Now a "Sequel?" I don't understand why....

See www.slashfilm.com/2008/11/24/i-am-legend-prequel-is-now-a-sequel

Sorry, too much f**ked-up stories here... Even, I didn't see anything on imdb.com

Darkangel
05-07-2009, 07:21 AM
I thought it was a good movie, even the zombies looked cool even if they were cgi they looked cool and having them be so agile and leaping so high added to it.

Darkangel

tchaunt
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I, personally, think the CGI's sucked--and yeah, I know there's one or two of you who want to jump all over me for saying the word suck, though you say it yourself. Could they have been worse? Yeah, I guess. But for all of the money put into the movie, I don't think a few hours of creating HD textures would've killed the producers. The wireframes were decent, but the textures that were applied to the models just looked like plastic or rubber to me.

Darkangel
05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Does it really matter anyway? It's not like there are any real zombies to use so might as well use CGI. It takes hours to put on movie quality make up and if yo have a bunch of characters, it's too time consuming.

haunter112
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
In going with the "happy" ending, the studio missed the entire point of the source material and turned I AM LEGEND into crap.

How would a "prequel" fair any better?

I'll pass.

Killer Katie
05-07-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm glad there was no CGI in at the time of Night of the Living Dead, and that shawn of the dead took the time to do their zombies on real people. It makes a whole hell of a lot of difference. CGI is great for backgrounds, but it just hasn't reacjed a real enough level to make humans, or derivitives of humans.

Darkangel
05-09-2009, 04:48 AM
Shawn of the Dead was horrible, exremely lame with that dry British humor. The zombies did not look great in that movie, which is what happens when you use actors unless you spend half a day on each zombie make up it looks cheesy...