PDA

View Full Version : Improv Actors Apply

Barry
05-10-2009, 05:14 AM
We’re looking for entertainers to compete in an acting competition during the Midsummer Monster Bash on Friday, June 5th at 7:30 pm. Do you have what it takes to perform in front of a crowd? Is your costume, makeup and character one of the best in the Midwest? Only five actors will get an opportunity to compete in the SCAB 5 Improv Acting Competition.

Overall appearance (make-up, costume, props)
Verbal performance
Improvisational interactive ability (how you interact/entertain our guests)
Body/Character Movements

Go to the MidwestHauntersConvention.com for more information.

Interested parties should contact Jeff Glatzer at jdglatzer@cox.net

Kevin Dells
05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
If Sheldon shows up the rest are toast!

Tater
05-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Granny has already Thrown her Hat in the ring...

Speculo
05-10-2009, 08:54 PM
If we could get him there, my money is on........Jim Warfield!

I bet he would have more actual "Haunt Hours" in than anyone in this industry.

I think I had one year where I did about 60 days counting Haunt (about 38 nights), cons, press and photo shoots. Jim does about 200 + nights a year, every year!

There is an elite class of interactive haunt actor no doubt, but he is in a wacked out category all by himself!

Thanks!

AnandaHexen
05-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Tater,
LOL! I was pretty sure you wouldn't miss this opportunity. :)

Ben,
I think you might be on the money about that! What a wonderful start to MHC that would be.

I, and the rest of the Scabs, are looking forward to seeing the talent that comes out to show off their best!!!

Killer Katie
05-11-2009, 02:10 PM
It should be intersesting...
I hope it will objective and non-political...
Sometimes things like these end up that way...sucks... LOL
Tater - I was "warned" that it will be "Hardcore" so you better bust out the whiskey tits, cottage cheese, reall urine to drink.. you better bring it!!! :)

AnandaHexen
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Katie,
That came off a bit pointed.
What reasons do you have to think that the Scab5 would be unfair in our judging?

This is about encouraging excellence in improv acting in the haunted attraction industry. It is not about what group you belong to or, frankly, how "hardcore" you are. This competition is about recognizing creativity, originality and the ability to think on one's feet and bringing it out in all the actors, win or lose.