PDA

View Full Version : Transworld 2010... I guess this is official but

drfrightner
05-13-2009, 04:59 AM
First off the show will be back in St. Louis March 25 thru the 28th.

Yeah if you caught that right the show will now be a FOUR DAY SHOW not a three day show. The show will now open up on Thursday rather than Friday and run through Sunday.

I told Transworld my two cents on this issue as did others and well I guess they agreed! Haunters will come in for the show on Thursday, they'll come in on Monday, they just won't stay long on Sunday.

Vendors and buyers need more time to do business, and Thursday will be packed to the bone, so will Friday, so will Saturday and as usual Sunday will be DEAD!

Anyway there it is... plan your trips now! Thursday it is!

Larry

graystone
05-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Scratches my head. I thought they said it was Feb 18-21? Did it change? Shane and its I wish for once they would announce a date and stick with it! Shane this time.

kpolley
05-13-2009, 08:42 AM
Shane,

They announced those dates and printed promo materials and then changed it before they even handed them out. When I got mine there was a sticker over the dates with the new dates.

damon carson
05-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Thats great they added the extra day and Im glad its at the end of March again. I am already looking forward to going again.
Damon

drfrightner
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Shane,

I think a lot of vendors screamed about those Feb dates... think about it this way how many vendors said they are going down to the wire to get stuff done. Those dates would cut a whole month off of production time.

Plus if you are havng this show in the midwest in Feb it could be cold it could be warm know whos. The show needs to stay in March!

So they went back and got different dates!

Does everyone agree the show would be better starting on THursday. Look at how many people came to town and were here on Thursday wouldn't it have been better if the show was up and running?

I think Sunday will end at like 2pm, again this is better for the vendors because now they can get packed up sooner and get out of there before over time rates apply.

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
05-13-2009, 02:05 PM
It all sounds good to me, I'm looking forward to the show, the haunt tour of "Creepy World" and or "The Darkness" and "The Insane Shane Dinner". More time gives us more time to meet people, do things, see some of St. Louis, party and place orders.

Dr Spooktakular
05-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I think do a full production tour of the Darkness on Thursday and a full production event at Creepyworld on Saturday this year. Creepyworld being a multiplex would probably work better for the throngs that showed up on Saturday this year.

drfrightner
05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
As for Creepyworld I have to see how we could do that because a lot of it is taken down after October. After the season starts I can get a better idea of how that could be done. Opening Creepyworld would be EXPENSIVE! There is NO WAY I could open it with actors, it just have to be a tour but I might be able to arrange that but I will see.

Larry

graystone
05-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I like the show opening on Thursday. LOL I can say I would have liked to have seen the show in Feb myself only because March and April is a busy time for my company in malls with Easter. But hey its whatever is best for the indusrty and vendors as well as buyers I am only one person. Shane and its the Insane Shane party will be the talk of the show this year! Shane this time!

GoryCorey
05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Just got the contracts and propspectus for next year, dates are March 19-21 (front cover), or 27-29 according to the back cover, and 25-28 from the contract
Go figure

Motograter
05-14-2009, 09:19 PM
I agree it will be better with the 4th day up and running. It will give us one extra day to shop, mingle and party!!!

Barry
05-14-2009, 10:20 PM
OK, I guess I am confused. Weren't we discussing last year about how March, especially late March, was too late for a show? The vendors wanted it earlier to have more production time. Now, it has been determined that that was wrong??

Oh, well... As I have been saying all along - MHC, Columbus, Summer. The one constant in our industry. :)

brad
05-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Im glad to hear that it has been moved up to March again. I think it will be much better weather than if it was in Feb.

I hope this gives the vendors enough time to get what they need done for the show.

drfrightner
05-15-2009, 06:23 AM
Its really hard to say for example if a Hauntcon or another show likes this say MHC or whatever would move 4 to 6 weeks before Transworld if you'd have a different outcome than you do now. Would a lot of buyers show up itching to do something haunted? Would vendors be ready? Is that a better option for all involved?

I can tell you this vendors need more production time for sure, however I don't think most haunters are ready to spend their money just then, and most vendors can't get ready that fast.

Would it be better ... yes, can it happen for this industry? I doubt it.

One of these shows should try it move into January or February instead of everyone piling on top of each other in May or whatever.

Larry

damon carson
05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
What about a fee or charging for admission like was said in earlier posts? Is this still being discussed or has it been decided? I read that in an earlier post that it was a possibility?. Just wondering if they decided on that or not?
Damon

Brandon_K
05-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Why would vendors bitch about a show being in February?

The way I see it, the earlier the show, the more orders they can take because they have an extra month to build. I know a few vendors that had to stop taking orders because they wouldn't be able to fulfill them. Certainly an extra month of build time would be beneficial to the vendors?

Oh and the weather still sucked in St. Louis in March. Hopefully it will go back to Chicago in 2011.

HauntedMemphis
05-17-2009, 09:17 AM
Why would vendors bitch about a show being in February?

The way I see it, the earlier the show, the more orders they can take because they have an extra month to build. I know a few vendors that had to stop taking orders because they wouldn't be able to fulfill them. Certainly an extra month of build time would be beneficial to the vendors?

As I understand it, although it would give an extra month to build orders, it takes away a month to develop new products, which would mean the new products wouldn't be ready for the show, or less products would be developed.

Greg Chrise
05-17-2009, 11:48 AM
How can I get a cool name like "Insane Shane"?

drfrightner
05-17-2009, 12:47 PM
We should start a poll on this... would it be better for you one month later or sooner (Feb/March)

Which one is better. Start a poll.

Larry

Mr Nightmarez
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
February sucks for me! March works and let's just leave it there...

Our Convention is the last or next to last weekend of February and if this gets moved - that sucks. As I researched before I started our convention in 2008 - making sure we did not coincide or conflict w/ anything. Yes - pretty much I would be the only person affected by it moving to February - but pick a month and date and try to stay close to that. IMO

damon carson
05-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Isnt this date set now? Who really wants it to be moved back to february and have to deal w winter and everything. The weather got bad enough this past year in March. Missouris weather can be too unpredictable even in March. Scratch February theres my vote.
Damon

GoryCorey
05-18-2009, 10:00 AM
How can I get a cool name like "Insane Shane"?

Ludachrise comes to mind.

damon carson
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Give it up Greg LOL!
Damon

Brandon_K
05-18-2009, 05:04 PM
As I understand it, although it would give an extra month to build orders, it takes away a month to develop new products, which would mean the new products wouldn't be ready for the show, or less products would be developed.

That's a good point, I hadn't given a lot of thought to that.