PDA

View Full Version : Six Flags Opens a New Dark Ride "Monster Mansion'

drfrightner
05-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Funny thing is I came up with a dark ride name several years ago and built one called 'Monster Mansion' now Six Flags has their own version I guess and it opens this weekend in Atlanta. If anyone goes and checks it out give us a report... I love dark rides.

Here is a link to the story...

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2009/05/13/monster0513.html

Mr Nightmarez
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
I've rode on this one in the past and will be checking it out again May 31st! (As we vacation!)
It is far from scary and is more like the Tv Show - http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/Fosters-Home-for-Imaginary.html - Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
It's a small world ride like atmosphere with creepy monsters doing all the Small World things!
But I will let you know how the new one compares!
Direct Link to the Monster Mansion info: http://www.sixflags.com/overGeorgia/rides/MonsterMansion.aspx

drfrightner
05-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Has anyone actually gone out and road this? Larry

Mr Nightmarez
05-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Nope - but I will in two weeks! :)

Mr Nightmarez
06-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Larry,
Went to Six Flags and here is my Monster Mansion Review:

Imagine "It's a small world from DisneyWorld" Now take a few crazy monsters and new songs.... You get Monster Mansion!
A trip into a small town of monsters and you take an unexpected detour through the swamp - which could be scary for younger kids - but my kids thought it was cool!
The monsters in town are extremely friendly from a Big Female Monster with big lips at the Kissing Booth to the one on a unicycle to the picnic bound monsters... then the boat goes the wrong way into the swamp where you see more sinister monsters in the dark w/ red eyes and fog.

So a twisted "Small World" type ride that gets you out of the hot sun for a bit!

Larry - the dark swamp was the main changes to the ride from the previous one. The beginning changed some and some characters probably had a facelift - but the swamp area was the biggest change as the monsters were darker and new.

Hope that helped!

Todd

Jim Warfield
06-18-2009, 01:25 PM
pppppppppppppppppp

Mr Nightmarez
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
That might help or maybe have a mechanical arm yank one random person from the ride?

That would make it more - interesting!

haunter112
06-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I have a soft spot in my heart for this SONG OF THE SOUTH-inspired, family-friendly, dark ride.

The original TALES OF THE OKEFENOKEE was one of my favorites as a kid.

It was eventually redone as THE MONSTER PLANTATION.

Now it's been revamped and updated as THE MONSTER MANSION.

On my trip to NETHERWORLD this year, I may have to spring for a ticket to Six Flags.

Darkangel
06-18-2009, 10:00 PM
Will this be coming to all Six Flags?

Darkangel

haunter112
06-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Will this be coming to all Six Flags?

Probably not.

The OKEFENOKEE/PLANTATION/MANSION dark ride has always been an "Old South" themed attraction.

It doesn't really fit in with the other parks.

Y'all always seem to get the better roller coasters though.