PDA

View Full Version : My Pneumatic Animatronic Character

The Mad Hatter
05-15-2009, 02:22 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_99fccc70f41a4dbdb18fc5279b454788.jpg

I have noticed most of the photos disappeared from this posting go to http://www.theeffectslab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10378 to see them all in a full how to thread!!!

I am 20 years old and this is the first time that I have worked with pneumatics, ever. its nothing great rather hodge podged together. This animatronic human is still under construction and is 2/5 the way done. The fingers on this animatronic/pneumatic prop move. The fingers point or grab, 2 cylinders work this movement, they pull on small cables which raise and lower the fingers. the third cylinder on the hand part when pulled rotates the hand. The hand rotates back by a spring when no air is applied, it has a large berring to make the rotation movement slicker. the elbow bends with the 4th cylinder on the arm. The 4th cylinder swings the arm outward and the 5th cylinder on the linkage swings the hand up, this one that swings the hand up has two berrings to help with an easier movement. The rest of this character is being worked on and I will keep it updated on this forum. This character will have 24 pneumatic cylinder movements and 11 servo motor movements, 29 servo movements if i have enough time before Halloween to complete. I will be sculpting the head myself hand hands, they will be silicone. This is my first time working with pneumatics, please don't be to harsh with the reply's.

The Mad Hatter
05-15-2009, 02:23 AM
Here are more photos.

shawnc
05-15-2009, 03:39 AM
Wow, I gotta say I'm impressed. Especially since this is your first attempt at anything like this.

With that said, my only criticism is it looks like an awful lot of work to accomplish much less than what I have done while typing this message. Why not go all out and make a giant with moving hands?

GraveStalker
05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
...very impressive undertaking! Looking forward to see vids of how it turns out.

The Mad Hatter
05-15-2009, 06:46 PM
More photos.

The Mad Hatter
05-15-2009, 06:52 PM
To answer that question about making a giant character is that they consume alot more steel, and they tend to get heavy, they are also a bitch to store. I have been thinking about making a 20 Foot tall animatronic/pneumatic prop but I will wait on it now. I first want to get some experience since this is my first project. I also believe though that making this human size 6"4" is fun. It is quite a challenge to get things to fit in tight spaces for the movements.

-Frank Balzer

Brandon_K
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
I envy the fact that you either have a spool gun or a TIG machine.

I despise working with steel.

Nice work.

The Mad Hatter
05-19-2009, 12:38 AM
I wish I owned one too. They are from the special effects I work at, Reelistic Fx. I'm rather lucky I have a shop at my disposal on break. I also have the pleasure to work with talented "Old Geezers" who do all the big motion pictures, and TV shows. This shop only does rain, snow, pyro, and rigging type effects No makeup and animatronics so I have no help in that field but my imagination. I do wish I could own a nice welder though. Maybe one of these days.......

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
05-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Had time to attach the arms permanently today here is how they look on the pneumatic prop. Also photos of the legs being started.

The Mad Hatter
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Here's a photo of the other project that has been going on at the shop it is a $250,00.00 motion Base. No detail photos will be shown.

-Frank Balzer

N2SPOOKINU
05-19-2009, 09:20 PM
For you guys on a budget looking for a TIG welder. Harbor freight offers one that works pretty well. You have to buy a bottle and the gauge but it is on sale usually for $199. It is a small red arc/tig welder that comes with all the cables needed to do both types of welding. I have one and it works very good. They offer 2 types so make sure you get the one that comes with the cables.
Greg
Fearfest

The Mad Hatter
05-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Here are some more photos of the current project, I had some free time to work on it today.

The Mad Hatter
05-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Here are some more photos of the current project.

sophisticatedterror
05-26-2009, 07:48 PM
wow 250 grand? why so much? We will have a 6 dof base for under 10 with full motion and galil motion control

The Mad Hatter
05-26-2009, 09:36 PM
This motion base stands 6 foot tall and about 12 foot wide, the cylinders are huge and have magnetic strips to detect where the cylinder is positioned, thus motion base also has a hydraulic run turn table on top, the cylinders on this beast cost nearly 5k a piece, they were all custom made. cylinder and also angle up to a 10 degree slope, very steep. This motion base can withstand a few hundred thousand lbs on it and cylinders will actuate full length in less than a second, they have huge 5 gallon hydraulic fluid accumulaters at the bottom to make them so fast. Even has specially made software. This isn't a simple Halloween motion base this is for full blown movie use built with the finest machined parts.

-Frank Balzer

sophisticatedterror
05-27-2009, 08:33 AM
hmm...wow...seems a bit like overkill to me lol...not doggn on it at all...just crazyness...ours can withstand about 30k lbs and precise movement control as well, accleration, etc etc..blah blah...Also custom ride software was made as well..to suit my needs(im very picky haha) not a simple halloween simulator at all either...no 6 dof controlled simulator is simple...in my opinion...but would be interesting to see what cabin they put on it, I love to see what people come up with...ours has no cabin just seating...similiar to what a universal studios 4d attraction would be like...

The Mad Hatter
05-27-2009, 10:08 AM
Ill agree its a bit overkill. But that's what the owner of the shop I work at wants... Just got shipped out yesterday, the Gov had bought it, so I find out today, that's prob why its so overkill. Anyways, I am curious about your base, you have photos of it? Hydraulic or pneumatic?

The Mad Hatter
05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
Here are some more updated photos of the project I had only 1 hour today to work on it so I just welded it up a bit more.

The Mad Hatter
05-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Here is a photo of the cylinders how they will control the wing mechanism. These cylinders will give it lots of movement. I have also ordered 6 large eyes that, 3 will go on either side of the wing. These eyes will have 3 servos on them a piece. They will look left to right up and down, then blink. Also shown is a rough 1 hour hand sculpture out of nsp none sulfur clay, for the pneumatic/animatronic prop. I did not like it so I will redo it with 5 fingers instead of 3 and take more time to have more realistic skin texture. Hands will later be cast in silicone.

The Mad Hatter
06-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Here are some photos of the wing mechanism that I have done, its a quick demo. I do not like it! I feel it does not have enough movement for what I want so I will Rebuild it!! I believe it is also too bulky to mount animatronic eyes on it!

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Here is the Official wind mechanism I am working on. I like it so much more. It has more movement. It also has places to mount the three animatronic eyes going up it. They will be attached to the doubled piece of 1X2 metal, connected to the Berring. Work in progress I hope it will work out.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-02-2009, 11:12 PM
Here are some more photos of the wing mechanism.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Oh ya, besides doing stuff like this I cook. Here is a cake I made for my friend, The chocolate icing is piped on. and the round things on it are called Dragaes, yes you can eat them. The top of the cake has a piece of chocolate on it (Dark and white swirled together. The flowers are also piped icing. The leaves were made by smearing chocolate on them and cooling them, they were later peeled off and put on the cake. It's a 3 layer chocolate cake with raspberry ganache filling. It was made withe real Ganache, real Ganache contains Bitter almonds in it (REFINED). Bitter almonds contain cyanide poison. If it is not processed properly or if you have too much it can kill you. Biscotti also contains bitter almonds. I am a cook, who likes exotic foods. It is important to know these things. Specially since I do not want to harm the many girls who enjoy my cooking.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Anyways here are more photos of the wings. I am rather dissapointed on the fact I goofed up on some of the measurements. Wings are really hodge podged but they work. Thats what counts!

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Here are even more

The Mad Hatter
06-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Here are some photos of the project with the wings on as of today.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Here are some more photos. i know there is a better way of doing these wings but I am running out of time.

-Frank Balzer

shawnc
06-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Can't wait to see this thing when it's finished.

The Mad Hatter
06-06-2009, 07:04 PM
This is what It should look like when its finished. You can get an idea from this stick figure drawing.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-09-2009, 06:52 PM
Finally had some free time to work on this guy again today. Today I have started on the neck Mechanism. It uses 1 small 3 inch stroke cylinder to turn the head, and the other two cylinders are double ended with 4 inch stroke on each side. By using two double ended cylinders I can get a hell of alot of motion than using a single stroke cylinder.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-09-2009, 06:54 PM
More photos await thee!! that small cylinder when mounted will allow the head to turn left to right. If it was a double ended one, if I had one, it would allow, if mounted properly, the head to be left right or center. I will most likely spring mount the cylinder to have the head go to center position when there is no air in the cylinder. The thing with double ended cylinders is that they require another solenoid for use but it will center the prop when used right.

-Frank balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Here are a few more photos.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Here are 3 Photos of the way the head can tilt and bend by using this set up can move many other ways to and steeper angles.

The Mad Hatter
06-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Also Got a battle wound today, a hot rod went into my hand. Not one of the cars! But a rod that was around 600 degrees. It does not hurt but now I have no feeling there. I advise against using your palm to push a Scalding hot rod into a flange berring, specially if you have the lack of ability to think like me. Also shown it a Battle wound from last year when I was Building the Reign Of Terror Facade. I cut the whole tip of my finger off.....Boy I am wreckless, I need to slow DOWN!

Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-10-2009, 10:32 PM
26 pneumatic cylinders are on this prop if you count the Doubled neck ones a two a piece..... I Just ordered 16 eyes that will be used on the wings and the pair for the head. I am doing some research now on the servos. I Found some mini ones that I think Will work good. I am also looking for a controller that will work for this. I think TWO Parrallax 16 servo ones linked up will do it for me. I have a Question though........

ARE YOU ABLE TO HOOK UP SERVOS AND SOLENOIDS TO THIS TYPE OF CONTROLLER?

Thank you
-Frank Balzer

(I'm emailing company too.)

The Mad Hatter
06-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Had a few minutes today to weld after helping out for the show Ghost whisperer. So I attached The cylinders for the parallelograms on the leg. This gives the legs a little movement/Sway. I tested them and they work like a charm. Also Shown for the parallelogram, a triangle welded to give the cylinder more strength, for the large amount of weight pressing down. Hope the weld holds, flaws in it.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Here are some photos of the eyes for the wings and the head, They will all be animated to blink, move right, left, up and down.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
07-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Been a while. I have been in the process of moving out to my new Bachelor pad. Now have a little makeup shop photo shown of new space is 1/4 part of the shed *Laundry room, the rest behind the wall to the left is storage. There are also some photos of the mold of my head and being made into a resin skull for the animatronics.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
07-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Here are photos of the resin head on the prop making sure it fits. Also Horns in the process of being casted into resin, and finally a picture of Wasted resin. Will use for mounting brackets of servos once cut into disks.

The Mad Hatter
07-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Here are photos of the teeth in place on the resin head. a photos of the lip wire mechanism, and the start of the eye mechanism, more photos of eye mechanism will come tomorrow... hopefully

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
07-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Here is a photo of the demon head. I have only sculpted for about 2 hours, its a rough. Detail will be added later. First sculpt I have done....well 2nd if you count the hand demo I did. Will be cast into a silicone slip mask.

-Frank Balzer

Allen H
07-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Mad hatter,
great thread, very neat seeing the way that you do things, amazing how people can operate differently and still get great results. Some of those pics scare me! Like the one of the pulled under skull and you are in the shop barefoot. I used to do that, but ya kick a plaster mold edge with your pinky toe just once and I was cured of that bad habbit.
Once again, great (and prolific) work. are you on theeffectslab.com ? Its a great site and their animatronics forum could use your frequency of posts.
Allen H

GraveStalker
07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
I couldn't agree more with Allen... Great stuff, very interesting to watch unfold -thanks for sharing!!!

The Mad Hatter
07-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Thank you! I also really like living life on the edge that is why I go bare foot! I Did hurt it the other day in the my shed shop, So I will start wearing shoes now. I wish I read this post earlier, maybe I would have not got hurt. I have been busy so not too many posts lately. Anyways here are some more photos of the eye mechanism, it moves left, right, up, down, and both eyelids blink. Ithere are also photos of the lip wire mechanism. A total of 5 servos control the lips. It will be able to sound out the vowels in the words it says. Mechanisms of head based off Gary's (Willet fx) robots. They were modified to fit my needs. A photo of the sculp again, haven't had much time to work on it More photos will come shortly.

Have been posting of the effects lab too.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
here are more photos.

The Mad Hatter
08-03-2009, 07:08 PM
I have been changing the sculpture up a bit here is how it looks right now. He still looks like a sissy bitch. If this was a real demon he would be picked on by the others. I will make him look more tough over the next week.

The Mad Hatter
08-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Here are a few update photos. I have been in mass production for the 16 animatronic eyes that go on the demons wings. There is also a photo of the sculpture up to date.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_734cf612f41f4e6b812483d01c63ff98.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_6012c8cd31a64c348253fd4487e4f919.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_4b40c6270b69495c83a4149f68cb1d6d.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_06dfb718b738409b83091d8e2f50939a.jpg

Front Yard Fright
08-06-2009, 01:04 AM
All I have to say is this this thing is going to be freaking AMZING once completed...
You're coming right along and I can not WAIT to see how it ends up...
Truely awesome!
:D.

poison
08-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Just AMAZING!
How long do you think this whole project is going to take from start to finish?
And are you building it for your self or a client?

The Mad Hatter
08-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Well, I hope it turns out fine and works.....I also do not know how much time I have spent on him. I have been working on him on and off for 3 months. I work on him when I am not helping with pyro and rigging stuff.

I am building him for myself. He will be used and my Friend Bruce's haunted house, The Reign Of Terror, this is his 10th year. www.evilislurking.com .

Here are are some more photos. One is of the Eyes animatronics up to date, I put the eyelids on them. The other was a practical joke the guys in the shop played on me. I did not notice the sign on my welding jacket till the end of the day..... Old Bastards!

-Frank Balzer
FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
www.EvilIsLurking.com

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_ef221ec581cf43bd885fef6b21879d04.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_2ad64559839e470d9c91c2511ec564c5.jpg

poison
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
Very Cool!
I know Bruce and have been to his Haunt when it was at his house 2 years ago. Did he go PRO last year?
He has AMAZING DETAIL in his Haunt.
I look forward to seeing a video of your robot in action : }

The Mad Hatter
08-08-2009, 04:21 PM
When you say pro haunt. Yes it is taken in a professional manor. I would not call it a big and detailed haunted house like most people have. I believe it actually sucks right now, That is my belief but I am used to movie quality sets. Sets that cost $300,000.00 Plus to make. But for the haunt industry I believe they work just fine.
Its different now than it was at his house 2 years ago, you should swing on by this year and check it out. Its going to be around 8,000 Sq feet.

-Frank Balzer

kpolley
08-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Man, I just stumbled onto this and I am blown away. I can't believe the time, effort, and money you have put into this. It's amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product. Excellent work so far. Very impressive.

The Mad Hatter
08-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Thank you for the complement, It means alot.
Here are some photo updates of the animatronic with air hose attached. Bruce can be seen in the photo taking a photo. prop is over at his house temporary. Eyes for wings are finished but not attached yet.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_5f98afe4a59a4397b0d971dbb7f33435.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_7ad29c013a494e26ba4e93e05a9fbcab.jpg

The Mad Hatter
08-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Here are a few photos of the finished eye mechanism's for the wings. also shown is the eye mechanism for the head. It should be finished by tomorrow.

-Frank Balzer

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_1f9863313229446fa28e8f7fe9793107.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_54c1875cb4854ce590d52e3c9f9aeae6.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_cf7b106880014607b7b33ba355cbc6a4.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_9d20cf530faa49b38c8a07e7a59d5a8b.jpg

The Mad Hatter
08-21-2009, 06:03 PM
The animatronic head is almost done.....a bit more aligning to do and installing.... here it is sofar.... its a bit dirty....

The head has 15 servos in it. 2 control the eyebrows. 6 control the eyes and eyelids. 1 controls the nose. 3 control the upper lip, 2 control the lower lip. and 1 makes the jaw go up and down...... I wanted to add one servo for the eyebrow ridge and 2 for the cheeks, but I have no room for them.

The Mad Hatter
08-27-2009, 08:04 PM
It has Been a while since I have updated this forum on my project. I have recently finished the 15 servo controlled head. I wanted to add 3 more servos in it, 2 for the cheeks, and one for the eyebrow ridge. I have no room so they will not be added. I am rather disappointed about that. I also got the airline set up on all the pneumatics. I will weld the 16 eyes on the wings tomorrow. and hopefully get around to making servo wire extenders the following Monday. The final count for movements is......
26 pneumatic cylinders, 15 servos for the head. and 48 servos for the eyes on the wings = 89 movements. john at efx tek http://www.efx-tek.com/index.html is building the controller.....It will run off of a 1/2 a terrabit laptop I bought. It will be programmed with visa in about 2 weeks. The audio will hopefully be done by my friend mike fox at http://www.nightfrights.net/ ................... I am rather behind on the sculpture and will need to work on it this weekend.

Frank Balzer

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_99fccc70f41a4dbdb18fc5279b454788.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_a804dfa80f674067bd7a23d20fc3eefc.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_5118acd5dad149e3a0e4df5c046c50a5.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_9273707c4f3946b9994feed4447d7fd4.jpg

The Mad Hatter
08-27-2009, 08:04 PM
more photos.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_942d2f58b8674248b4bb2a60a4e2d4a4.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_164b27cddc524122b7d7d4072a9ed875.jpg

shawnc
08-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Frank

This is just amazing. When you first started this project I thought you were going to build a head with a few servos and didn't think it was going to be anything that special. But this is just amazing.

Shawn

The Mad Hatter
08-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I honestly though It was going to be a small project as well. It has been fun working on it so I just decided to go ahead and make it a little bit more. I am hoping to make a job out of doing this type of work in the near future when I am older, still only 20 .... stuck in purgatory between a teenager and an adult! I would not call it amazing though. After working on this first animation of mine I have learned what not to do. There a a countless number of flaws in it! welds, rubbing, hinges wearing, servos burning out, these are some of the many problems I will see in the near future. I am worried that I may not get this guy up and running. I hope there will be nothing to worry about.

-Frank Balzer

The Mad Hatter
08-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I had time to attach the 16 eyes on the wings today. Shown photos shown of it. I broke one of the eye mech's when I dropped it and will need to fix it. Animatronics on this guy are basically done I just have some finessing to do and then I need to attach the skin on this demon.

Frank Balzer

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_ebc948ecf1c54697847fcf3fb6b2a716.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_b13d1c9d7ec34ecbbe1db560bdb98bef.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_9ffee42339ef4899adfe60ab4e7b5ed4.jpg

The Mad Hatter
08-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Here are some more photos. also, each eye on the wings can be individually controlled so I can have them move independently from each other, have each one chase each other, and have them blink individually. 48 servos worth of eyes for the wings..... oh the possibility!

Frank Balzer

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_9fd1da81020d4ce38b35a24a44ece2a4.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_5e6db75d681f4c6fb15759f90d1109d4.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_4d4f25db782348caa13d9ec6cd86e595.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_d9f6bfee0a7e4757b30bef499c185c4e.jpg

The Mad Hatter
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Today I painted the steel on the upper torso and wings.... I also fixed the broken eye mechanism... and tightened alot of the bolts and nuts down....
I painted it black, I should have painted it rustoleum red, or something bright just to jazz it up a bit! I have also been making alot of servo extension wires 20-25 feet lengths. These are a pain in the ass to make! So tedious!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_56cc9f213dcc4c588eee9a7be5dee9e7.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_4e531bb17d93481ca64843a30afdc388.jpg

-Frank Balzer

geckofx
09-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Who's shop are you using?

The Mad Hatter
09-16-2009, 08:31 PM
www.R-Fx.com

I am using John Grays shop. He does special effects for mainly Tv. Ghostwisperer, captain cooks extraordinary atlas (2010 Release), The line, CsI, House, and so on. He also owns SnowBusiness hollywood and does snow for big feature films like, star trek, Narnia, Pirates, Day after tomorrow Etc. Snow Buisness will hopefully be doing snow for my friends and my haunted attraction I need to talk to him about freezing a meat locker. http://www.snowbusinesshollywood.com/gallery.htm

FablesStudios
10-19-2009, 08:42 PM
looks like the demon from hell boy two.

Any new updated pics.

Looks great!

Pete

bhays
10-29-2009, 06:07 AM
Outstanding work. Is it finished? I can't wait to see video.

The Mad Hatter
11-04-2009, 09:51 PM
Project has been Officially Scrapped for this year. I will have to finish it up in 2010. I have bitten off more than I can chew! I have run into a few problems trying to program this guy. It is taking longer than I though. I really did not realize the full extent of completing a project like this. Props for you guys that do this for a living!....... It is interesting when you get to a point and realize that you cant pull something off, even though things were going so good.... The feeling of disappointment and frustration......Failure.

-Frank Balzer

shawnc
11-05-2009, 12:22 AM
Don't feel too bad. That was a huge undertaking and you have done some incredible things with it so far. Now you have 11 months to finish it and perfect it.

icarian
11-06-2009, 01:02 PM
i have to agree, you shouldnt feel bad at all, this beast already has more axis of controll than ive seen in any of the animations offered by any of the vendors, and its your first go at building something like this. way to go man.

The Mad Hatter
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Here are a few old pictures I have not posted yet. Some are of the skin sculpt for the prop, others are the controller system for the prop. There are three more controls on the other side of the board along with three large cylinder brick valves. I will be stripping the controller off the plank in the next few weeks and build a specialty road case for it. i want to make it look more jazzy. Picture a double door cabinet 4 feet by six feet tall. The cabinet will have Plexiglass panels so you can see through it. It will consist of all the controllers, valves, computer laptop and 40 gallon (air tank painted rustoleum red). Once that is done I will start to Finnish up the prop. I have had a break to recover and now I am ready to Dive into this project again!!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_82ecfd0e1cc54506a4d01406e62f8bcd.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_126cb48a6d8d4cf1b137251b442aedd1.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_9ada26be916446c18bf8e104006c05a5.jpg

Frank Balzer
www.RotHauntedHouse.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.R-Fx.com

The Mad Hatter
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_b67f4ae2f2964c468fa7a612554ebd68.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_3b470b53a0a6461990c1cb944421c4eb.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii199/FrankBalzer/l_0789a6bcc73b4a7d9dd9793a2f417124.jpg

Frank Balzer
www.RotHauntedHouse.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.R-Fx.com