PDA

View Full Version : What's the BEST month for a Haunt Convention/Tradeshow?

TheMonsterMaze
05-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Larry asked someone to post this poll, and I'm kinda curious as to the results myself.

Michael Bruner
National Haunters Convention
http://www.NationalHauntersConvention.com
April 29th - May 2nd, 2010

TheMonsterMaze
05-18-2009, 10:01 AM
oh yea...

October is not listed as we're too darn busy with haunts to attend an event.

December is not listed as too many people are busy with families to attend an event.

Yes, I know this should go without saying, but I just *KNOW* someones going to ask why those two months aren't listed.

Nightgore
05-18-2009, 10:04 AM
Early to mid-April! Sometimes, haunts don't know what direction they're going, any new themes, etc. etc. until April... So, I think this would help everybody. I know that the way we're setting up our schedule... After IAAPA, we won't do ANYTHING haunt related until March. So, at least this would work for us! hahahaha.. -Tyler

Jim Warfield
05-18-2009, 10:20 AM
We need the 13th month, don't we? That might fit into my schedule.

damon carson
05-18-2009, 02:16 PM
March at least gives haunters and vendors 5 to 6 months before opening in September or October. And at least the bad weather is over for the most part in March.
Damon

Brandon_K
05-18-2009, 04:01 PM
IMO, February/March, just because I know how long it takes a lot of vendors to get something made and shipped. The earlier you get an order in, typically the earlier it gets to you, which in the end means you can install it and get a room / area buttoned up and not worry about until September.

I know in the past we've put orders in at Transworld and had things not show up until the beginning of September. If I would have put the same order in, lets say in July, chances are we would have had to wait to use it for the following year.

That also being said, I know of at least 2 vendors that have stopped taking orders now. That sucks for those that may have wanted to order something at MHC (or even HauntCon for that matter).

My 2c.

Mr Nightmarez
05-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Any month but February, October, November, December - IMO!

But giving the manufactures ample time would mean March or EARLY April is feasible.

drfrightner
05-19-2009, 03:48 PM
I think no matter when you had it at least 3 months after Halloween people would make it work. Hard to say. Considering so many vendors have other jobs, or struggling to get stuff together later rather than sooner, bigger companies where all the marbles are in haunts sooner rather than later.

Buyers most do not want to part with money until later rather than sooner...

So see if you can figure out what I just said. LOL

Larry

michaeldavy
05-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Jamuary
It's slow as hell after christmas and gives me as much time as possible to make product.

The Mad Hatter
05-30-2009, 01:26 AM
A month where it does not snow! That's what I say, but I'm from California. I just don't care for the cold weather. I don't mind the cold though if the convention is near a good haunt, that makes up for it.

-Frank Balzer