PDA

View Full Version : Lily Munster passes on at 84

Jonathan
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Well, the iconic Lily Munster, Yvonne De Carlo passed on at 84.

I loved the Munsters as a child and even had a great conversaion with Pat Priest (Marilyn Munster) when she was on RFR in July. The stories she told just added to my love of the show.

I know we all watched this or Addams as children right?

hauntedmemories
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
The Munsters was my favorite show as a kid. It wasn't until later on that I came to appreciate the Addams Family, as well.

This is sad news, indeed. She will be greatly missed.

-Eddie Allen
http://www.hauntedmemories.com

SpFXChic
01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
*sniffle* I watched reruns of this show all the time when I was younger. It helped reel me in to loving the spookier side of life. She'll be missed, that's for sure. :cry:

Raycliff Manor
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
A very sad day! I'm going to have to go rent American Gothic in her memory/honor. If you haven't seen the movie, and you're a fan of Yvonne DeCarlo, you owe it to yourself to see this one. The Munster house has always been my dream home...

Kel

The Ghoulish Gallery
01-10-2007, 04:55 PM
As a child, the cast members of The Munsters seemed almost like extended family. It is heartbreaking when someone who is such an important part of those childhood years passes away. She will be missed.

-Tim

Greg Chrise
01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess this is why Castle Dracula is for sale. Herman, Grandpa and now Lilly have passes on.

That program worked for a lot of us as children. The funny thing is the same exact time the writing team was doing Leave it to Beaver and writting dual ways of handling family issues. One too cute, one funny. Perhaps the big split of the future society? As to which one was entertaining and which really wasn't. Leave it to Beaver never made it to the movies!

ClusterOne
01-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Lily...well that it sad news...this calls for a spin of the DVD tonight...she will be missed. :cry: