PDA

View Full Version : Well, I am not going to be posting much anymore.

Dr. Giggles
05-21-2009, 10:48 AM
My son was always rather wierd. But we never payed that much thought as i am wierd. He has mood swings so he goes to a therapist. Lately he has been acting even wierder, i would rather not to go into details, it tears me apart. Well last night he was diagnosed with paranoid type schizophrenia. And now the symptons are really starting to come out and it is harder and harder for him to function in public without getting kicked out of somewhere. The therapist said that he had the early stages of the symptoms for a while but stress at school really set it off and now its just a whirlwhind. The best that i can do is take care of him.
I felt i should share this with you guys, because well i look at most of you like a family. Even though i havn't really had the honor of meeting you.
So if i dissapear now you all know where i am at.
Thanks
-Dr. G.

Dr Spooktakular
05-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. When it's us or our friends that have these things happen it's one thing, but when it's our kids, it tears your heart out. I will be throwing prayers at you regularly.
Scott

Gore Galore
05-21-2009, 12:17 PM
I am also really sorry to hear it.

I have a friend who has the same diagnosis. Most of the time he is just fine except when he gets off his meds.
Your child is super bright I bet. Just give him something to focus on all the time. It will help him feel connected to the world.
Model Cars, Music, whatever he loves to do.
You have to work with him on his life coping skills, and his social skills. These things cause great stress, and stress cannot be avoided. He has to know how to deal with it.

Your haunt family is here for you.

Dr. Giggles
05-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the support. And yeah thats what the therapist said to keep him focused on something he enjoys. The problem is he has a scare acting passion like no other. He hears music as his auditory hallucination. Which i suppose is better. But i dunno if i should let him continue with that passion. I am scared he will have a huge mood swing, he gets fits of rage now. Which is terrifieng because he is 6'3 and stronger than me.
Our therapist is not certified to perscribe pills we are going tommorow evening to a therapist who is to get some medication.
Once again i appreciate the support. I am sure we can get through it, hes a tough kid.

graystone
05-21-2009, 05:25 PM
I am sure you guys will take it one day at a time. Thats the best thing ya can do. Shane and its your in my thoughts and prayers! Shane this time.

tchaunt
05-21-2009, 06:43 PM
I am very sorry to hear the news. I will keep you and your son in my prayers. I can't imagine how horrible it must be having one of your loved ones going through such difficult times.

xxxdirk
05-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Sorry man. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Killer Katie
05-21-2009, 09:18 PM
You're in my thoughts and prayers, as well. Be strong and do whatever it takes to keep him safe and get him to a better place!
And remember, vent here! we don't judge!!!

IF YOUR 555
05-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Hey Doc, take care and hang in there buddy.

Patti Ludwinski
05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Our prayers are with you.

brad
05-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I hope yall can find some good meds for your son to take. And find something that can keep him calm.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Keep us posted.

N2SPOOKINU
05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Hang in there Dr. G Help him in any way you can. Your haunt family will be here when you need us!
Greg
Fearfest

Raycliff Manor
05-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Wow, so sorry to hear you are facing such a tough challenge. We're praying you are given strength to endure, wisdom to help, compassion to cope and lots of love to heal!

Kel

IHAUNT
05-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Gig,

I'm praying for you & your family.

Never give up,

God is good.

.................Tom.

Mike Honcho
05-23-2009, 01:42 PM
sorry to hear that zach no one knows what cards life is going to deal us. I pray for the best , I know you and your family will get thru it.

terrormasue
05-23-2009, 09:44 PM
We are thinking of you and praying for you and your son. All the best wishes. May God bless you and your family.

KroneDaddy
05-24-2009, 12:03 AM
We will pray for a cure or treatment, you can always check in here whenever you need a break, or a sympathetic ear, although possibly a "pointy" one. Life's hardest challenges are often dealt to those who can handle them best. Our love for our children outweighs all. You, and he, will prevail.

God Bless You and your Family

Tim

Dr. Giggles
05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! I am passing them onto him and it seems to make a difference, but its hard to tell.

Twin Locusts
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Dr. G - I'm brand new here; first post. I've been a forced lurker for more than two weeks as my username was in purgatory for a while.

I'm in pre-production for an attraction in the '10 season, which is how I found the forum. It's heartening to see such a positive community, gladly helping each other out, sharing experience, and treating people kindly.

Though I'm new I wanted to respond to your post.

My wife's an MD and I promoted psychotropics to MD's for many years. I just want to urge you to remember something that's easy to forget with this particular disease. Unlike an illness that produces a fever, or a cough, schizophrenia manifests in emotion and behavior and it's easy to forget it's a disease, very similar to a conventional illness. The symptoms that seem fantastic and unbelievable to us are absolutely real to the patient.

I know you won't forget this, but when others do, remember that it's ignorance that drives a lack of empathy, not malice. It won't be easy; it will test the bounds of family love, but you'll get through it, and your son can have a good life with help.

My prayers are with your son and your family.

BarbieHaunt
06-16-2009, 12:32 AM
I'm new too, but it sounds like everyone, including me, is here for you. I want you to be aware that sometimes it takes a while for doctors to find the correct meds for the condition you are describing (there are many different types), and then it is often difficult to get the patient to take the meds regularly because of the side effects. I'm only telling you this so that you will be aware ahead and will know that it may take some time and lots of patience.

We're all with you in this. As somebody said earlier, please feel free to vent anytime. Friends can help you through this. We wish you and your son only the best! I believe you'll both make it through this!