PDA

View Full Version : When is it too much?

CacklestheClown
05-22-2009, 10:10 AM
My parents say that my obssesion with the haunted house is getting unhealthy. I am driving everyone nuts talking about it, even the people who work with me! I am constantly looking at costumes, even though it is only May, and even when I find one I like, I have to keep looking until I find something better. The only thing I want to watch on TV is the dvd house footage from last year! So I have to ask: when should I back off, and how?

shawnc
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
When is it too much?

Hard to say, since everyone here is already way beyond that point.

Dr. Giggles
05-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Don't worry, my son was and still is the same way. It takes his mind of things and helps him relax. Which is really important these days. Its a release for some, passion for others.

Too much is when you slip into character during your "normal" life. Its happened to me believe it or not.

Fear Unfathomed
05-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Don't worry, my son was and still is the same way. It takes his mind of things and helps him relax. Which is really important these days. Its a release for some, passion for others.

Too much is when you slip into character during your "normal" life. Its happened to me believe it or not.

I agree. Cackles, I have asked myself that same question because I too drive all of my friends crazy with haunted house talk. I just moved last week and before I moved I had already contacted several haunted houses around here and in fact just today I saw a sign for a haunted trail so I followed it and then when I got home I called them to see if they needed off-season help. For me, it is a passion and a stress relief. I love it because nothing related to my day-to-day life is there and I can go and just release energy and tension and it is also something that few people in the "normal" world do. But I agree with Giggles that too much is when you slip into character in "normal" life. Just keep an eye on that. I say it's fine to be looking at haunted stuff in May or whenever, because the big haunts work year round even if they're not open - so having it on your mind most of the time isn't a bad thing. Just don't let it negatively affect your school/work life, family life, relationships with friends, etc. Make sure those still take priority and you should be fine.

scarygoat
05-23-2009, 06:07 PM
We all are that way, don't worry.

Motograter
05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. I started out being obsessed with Halloween and Haunted Houses when I was 12 years old. I built a small little haunt inside my parents garage and I took it from there. I now co-own with a buddy a pro haunt and I am 24. I am always thinking of new ways and new scare ideas to make the haunt better. I work out in my garage building props in the middle of January. So if people think you are nuts for liking Halloween to much. I say they are the one's with the problem. I believe it takes a certain person to get into Halloween and Haunted Houses. It's in your blood.

Dr. Giggles
05-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I mean most of my family dont really talk to me anymore. Consider me a freak, but i do it anyway. Honestly try to avoid THAT if you can. But like it has been stated before me, don't worry about. It's in your blood.