PDA

View Full Version : Update To The Biggest Party....

graystone
05-26-2009, 08:01 PM
In St. Louis in 2010 During The TransWorld Haunt Show! Just an update I have hired TKO DJ's of St. Louis for the Insane Shane Kick Off Party! http://www.tko-djs.com for the party. In 2010 we will have a dance floor with tons of lights and music videos playing on not 1 but 2 huge 20x20 screens for all of our favorite music videos. I am still waiting word if TransWorld wants to join in with me on this. Either way I PROMISE THIS WILL BE THE PARTY TO ATTEND!!!!!!! We will kick off the party with a dinner and dinner music. From there we will have a costume contest with over $1500.00 in prize money. After the costume contest we will have drawings from vendors totalling tons!( more on that later). Finally the bar will open for those who drink and the music will begain!!!!

Patti girl me and you will show Larry how to dance! Mark your calendars now for this! Ben, Ken, Eric all you guys I expect you to attend!! Larry this means you too!

Some of you already know ole Shane now has a Kick Azz Provost Bus ( Haunts this winter look for the big silver bus I wanna visit your Haunts!) I will have it in St. Louis and also be offering a fun bus trip with me and the Graystone Guys along with my buddies the Atrox guys! Yes it has a stocked bar there too! Heck if its was left up to me the booz would never get drank! So I will have to ask a few to drink the booze up for me LOL!!! Shane and its more to come on this fun azz night later! Shane this time!

Motograter
05-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Sounds like a fun time! Even tho I don't dance "even ask Kori" I won't even dance at family weddings. I think I will still attend the party/dinner. What is the price? and what date are you thinking?

UnDeRTaKer313
05-26-2009, 08:44 PM
guess who will finally be 18 for transworld!!!!!!
hells yeah i will be there.

xxxdirk
05-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Shane, you have the day picked yet?

Ron

mindtumor
05-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I am having a party where I just sit in front of the tv wishing I could fall asleep, trying to ignore my wife complaining about how loud the tv is because I can't hear. You could all watch that. The day I have picked is every single day that I am there.

graystone
05-26-2009, 09:16 PM
You all know how TransWorld is but if the show opens on Thursday the dinner will be Wednesday night. I have Wednesday night and a back up night of Thursday standing till I am 100% sure. Shane and its I will be wearing my Poker Face! Shane this time!!!!!

terrormasue
05-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey Shane sounds great. Count me in. Anything I can do let me know!! It's party time!!!!!

Greg Chrise
05-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Is Lady Ga Ga coming to the party?

graystone
05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
Hummmmm maybe Rihanna could come too! That would be sweet! Shane and its Disturbia! Shane this time!!

MMManiac
05-26-2009, 11:56 PM
Shane my man I wouldnt miss this for the world. Count me in!

OdetteDespairr
05-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Im down if i can make it! Work has some issue with me taking time off to go drink and party and play with skary things four or five times a year lol!

But hey if i can be there we can tear up that dance floor!!!!!

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

SomeThingInTheIce
05-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Sweet, sounds like you are going all out, I'm in! Shane check your pm.

poison
05-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Now this sounds like FUN!
I guess you know who to go all out don't you Shane.
Looking forward to it!

drfrightner
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Couple things Shane...

First off did you know I was a big time CLUB DJ, doing mix shows on the radio and was even a Billboard Dance music reporter? I still have about 4000 12 inch records, and two technique 1200 in the basement. This past weekend Patti was saying to me you should DJ a party for TW.

I still make mix tapes for my own IPOD... mostly high energy dance, but I also like wave dance, and can do 80's, hip hop or whatever. You should have called me I'd have given you a good price! LOL

----------------------

Anyway as for as tours next year because hopefully all these things being planned don't overlap... I came to the conclusion that its not in my blood to just re-open the haunted houses next year for TW without a massive overhaul I just can't do it.

I've already came up with a section on the first floor that I'm going to re-do that will blow everyones minds and will be the talk of the show like the Swamp House was. I'm thinking this one single effect could cost $30,000 and more don't know yet.

Going to do a major upgrade on that 3D haunt as well.

Either way I don't know when we'l open but we will open. I'm also going to figure out HOW to open Creepyworld to some degree. Don't know how I will do that just yet. So we could have two haunt tours Creepyworld and Darkness.

I will NOT do another dinner even however, don't even have the space for it anymore. That area is a shop. I will also do something through our haunt tours to help fund an HHA only PR program for 2010.

I won't be able to tell you when I will do anything until October.

I hope that doesn't mess up anyone elses plans.

Larry

Mike Honcho
05-27-2009, 03:42 PM
shane i like where your heads at but a few things .....

1. doc should be a bartender ( brotha can drink)
2. beer pong tourny
3. ky wrestling ( with option 4)
4. invite local college girls
5. I know you have exotic animals so how about a monkey to serve drinks ?

damon carson
05-27-2009, 04:34 PM
So is this party a costume ball? Shane. And is it free or does it cost?
Damon

graystone
05-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Damon no not a costume party. I mean if you wanna come to dinner dressed as a zombie more power to you. I will have a costume contest after the dinner and right before the dance floor and bar opens up for the die hard costume folks. Yes I will have to charge for this. I am not doing this for money its for ALL OF US. If I were only doing music I would not charge a dime but I am sure Larry can tell you food cost and I got to break it up between us all.

Larry lets see what you got? I want you to be a guest DJ along with the other DJ. I can make it happen and wanna see what ya can do. Also I would like to try and see that I can make it where the HHA can get something off of the dinner. I would not care if we helped use it as some sort of fund raiser! Again I love parties and I love haunters and I want if nothing else for this Industry to remember me for something other than a VERY OPINIONATED PERSON! Shane and its guys and gals whats your thoughts with this? Shane this time

xxxdirk
05-27-2009, 05:50 PM
LOL scary image of Larry as a DJ......

mindtumor
05-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Couple things Shane...

First off did you know I was a big time CLUB DJ, doing mix shows on the radio and was even a Billboard Dance music reporter? I still have about 4000 12 inch records, and two technique 1200 in the basement. This past weekend Patti was saying to me you should DJ a party for TW.

I still make mix tapes for my own IPOD... mostly high energy dance, but I also like wave dance, and can do 80's, hip hop or whatever. You should have called me I'd have given you a good price! LOL

----------------------

Anyway as for as tours next year because hopefully all these things being planned don't overlap... I came to the conclusion that its not in my blood to just re-open the haunted houses next year for TW without a massive overhaul I just can't do it.

I've already came up with a section on the first floor that I'm going to re-do that will blow everyones minds and will be the talk of the show like the Swamp House was. I'm thinking this one single effect could cost $30,000 and more don't know yet.

Going to do a major upgrade on that 3D haunt as well.

Either way I don't know when we'l open but we will open. I'm also going to figure out HOW to open Creepyworld to some degree. Don't know how I will do that just yet. So we could have two haunt tours Creepyworld and Darkness.

I will NOT do another dinner even however, don't even have the space for it anymore. That area is a shop. I will also do something through our haunt tours to help fund an HHA only PR program for 2010.

I won't be able to tell you when I will do anything until October.

I hope that doesn't mess up anyone elses plans.

Larry

I have heard the legend of you being a DJ. I never got to hear any DJing though.

xxxdirk
05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
oooo, You know what would be too cool? Larry as DJ and L Pickle doing his roller disco routine to the tunes.! I swear to God, I saw him at hauntcon a few year back and the dude is GOOD. I guess he used to do it all the time when he was younger. "Electric Boogaloo & Haunted Roller Disco" Theres the title of the movie someone aws saying they want to shoot!

brad
05-27-2009, 07:44 PM
Shane, you can count me in brotha!

And I like Honcho's ideas about beer pong and the Doc.

Darkblood
05-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Next year should be our first Transworld.
I won't be missing this party.

Shane-download some 3Oh!3 "Don't Trust Me"
Can you picture Larry spinning that...lol
It's almost as addictive as Disturbia and Poker Face.
lol

Kirk

tchaunt
05-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Even though I'm sure you all wouldn't enjoy my company that much since I'm not a haunter yet, I'd love to come. Sadly though, I have to wait 5 years to be able to go to TW. If it was two or three days later, I would only have to wait 4 years.

drfrightner
05-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Shane,

TKO DJ, will probably be using everything off of a computer that is how most are doing it these days. They use all mp3 files to dj events now. Back in the day you'd cart in records, then tapes, then cd's and now one labtop.

Sir I only use technique 1200's like a CLUB DJ... TKO DJ won't have any records. I would have to bring my own. I can tell you I'll put any of those TKO guys to bed that's for sure... I'm a mixmaster my friend. LOL

Seriously I was huge back in the day was a BILLBOARD reporter and everything. At one point I even opened and owned my own nightclub and was the DJ.

What kind of music do you like I'll make you a mix cd.

Let me know!

Larry

mindtumor
05-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Let's hear it then. Can you shake off the rust old man?

MDKing
05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Hey Larry,

Hook me up with a mix tape from bands like In Flames, Static X bands like that, maybe throw in some early Depesche Mode and Information Society!

Allan

brad
05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Shane, I know you dont think too highly of Larry, but I wouldnt mind seeing him at the show too.

Maybe you could give this some thought?

tchaunt
05-28-2009, 12:54 PM
Shane, I know you dont think too highly of Larry, but I wouldnt mind seeing him at the show too.

Maybe you could give this some thought?
Shane already said he's going to try to work it out so that Larry can be a guest DJ at the event.

damon carson
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
I would like to see a utube video of Larry throwing downing on the wheels of steel. I too used to d.j. mobile and in a few smaller night clubs. I wasnt a major mix d.j. but it sounds like Larry used to really throw down at the Taz. For those who dont know that was the name of his nightclub on the landing. Tazmania.
Damon

Dr. Giggles
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I gotta see that! We need videos larry!

mindtumor
05-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Larry is going to have to prove this now. He made the claims of putting people to bed now is the time for proving. Can you still carry your own records in or do you need some help now. Lets see your game.

Patti Ludwinski
05-28-2009, 08:18 PM
O yes! I can vouche. Larry is a great DJ ...not so great at scratching (sorry Larry), but he's a mix MASTER! I'm sure he's a bit rusty compared to back in the day, but he's still excellent. He periodically spins a few in his basement, and let me tell you...the whole house gets a hoppin! As for being a guest DJ, there's no possible way for him to tote 2 turn-tables and all them damnn records downtown. (Those records are HEAVY.) Maybe he could prepare some CDs in advance though. Whatcha say DJ Larry??? How bout some old school like the stuff you were spinning the other night?

mindtumor
05-28-2009, 08:26 PM
A bit rusty? Well tell him to start training to his own mixed version of Eye of the Tiger. I honestly wouldn't know if he was good or not, I have never heard any dj mix or even ever been in a dance club.

N2SPOOKINU
05-28-2009, 08:28 PM
WOW Larry, I didnt know you owned Tazmania! I lived in St. Louis and heard the radio commercials all the time for that club but never made it down there. Where was it located? I cant remember...
Greg
Fearfest

damon carson
05-28-2009, 08:31 PM
Its was down on Lacledes Landing Greg. Im not sure correct me if Im wrong but was it in the same building Show-Me's is in now?
Damon

The Mad Hatter
05-29-2009, 12:14 AM
You know, This really wont be a party without "Boob Girl". Maybe she has other friends that she can invite.

graystone
05-29-2009, 06:18 AM
LMAO! But do you realize if she comes she will have to buy 3 tickets 1 for her and 1 for each of those faces on her boobs!!! Shane and its do you have any bags to check for your friends! Shane this time!

graystone
05-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Seems there is interest to the party and everyone having a blast. PLEASE I AM DOING THIS FOR THE INDUSTRY!

Any suggestions to where to have it, who will cater it, any ideas of any kind will be heard! So please I want to make it the best and can do this with everyones input! Shane and its I am listing! Shane this time.

damon carson
05-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I would suggest having it at the Grand Hall that the Lemp Mansion owns on Cherokee St. I
believe thats where the IAHA Dinner was last year. Also if Creative Visions has another tour it would be in that neighborhood. They could cater as well. For more info there number is 1-314-664-8024.
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
05-29-2009, 07:18 PM
How about in the ball room at the Grand

graystone
05-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Both places sounds good. The one Damon suggested looks cool. What do you guys think? Any locals or hauntes have any feedback on either one of these places. Shane and its. Let me hear! Shane this time!

N2SPOOKINU
05-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Shane, I think the Grand Hall may be the way to go if you dont want to use the hotel or if TW wont let you use one of the rooms at the convention center.

The Hall is a few minutes away from the convention center but to far to walk for those intrested. I have never been inside personally but some of the folks that went to the IAHA awards banquet may be able to comment on the hall.

The owner of The Grand Hall is also the same man who owns Jakes Steaks (unless things have changed since the haunt show). Shane you might talk to Mr. Pointer and ask him about possibly catering it from there since everyone seemed to like the food. Just my input....
Greg
Fearfest

terrormasue
05-30-2009, 10:28 PM
We had to take a bus to Grand Hall from the TW convention center. Way to far in my opinion. Keep it closer to the convention center.

Mike Honcho
05-31-2009, 11:04 AM
shane it's beer pong my man ... look I will donate for the industry 2 of the finest ping pong balls I can find haha by the way if you need help with the actual setup let me know my crew and I are willing to help .....

Darkangel
05-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Beer pong? What are you 14 or something? I think Shane is trying to do a fun but professional party not a teen aged house party!

Darkangel

Mike Honcho
05-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Beer pong? What are you 14 or something? I think Shane is trying to do a fun but professional party not a teen aged house party
Darkangel

Well gramps, what do you recommend Bingo

Motograter
05-31-2009, 12:54 PM
What about a chess tournament? or checkers?

graystone
05-31-2009, 03:01 PM
I wanna see the boob lady strip! Shane and its I will be in the restroom throwing up! Shane this time!

P.S. Keep the suggestions coming!

damon carson
05-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Dunking boothes, one with Leonard Pickle and the other with Larry Kirchner in it. LOL! Maybe a third with you Shane! LOL! Just joking. Not saying that could you do this but if you could can you imagine how much money you could make. LOL! If you do I get a cut. HA HA!
Damon

Darkangel
05-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Gramps? I'm no gramps but I'm old enough to know beer pong is a juvenile activity for losers. Of course not bingo either, lets find something that represents us as a professional industry. How's that for a novel idea kid?

Darkangel

damon carson
06-01-2009, 01:45 PM
With this being Shanes party do you really think its not gonna be the least bit wild. Why not have beer pong why not have a little fun. Thats what its all about. Everyone is coming to have a good time. Why so damn stuffy? Let loose man!
Damon

MMManiac
06-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Beer pong is a far cry from being a juvenile activity for losers. 90% of the bars in Green Bay, WI hold weekly beer pong tourneys. It's fun. I'm thinking you just suck at it, therfor don't wanna play. But back onto the subject at hand I dont think Shane wants this to become the TW drunk fest. Drinking and have a good time yes. Getting drunk to the point where people are lining up to ask the boob girl back to their hotel room, no. :)

brad
06-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Getting drunk to the point where people are lining up to ask the boob girl back to their hotel room, no. :)

Sorry, but Ive already got reservations for her to be with me all night!!!

brad
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Also, beer pong is a simple way to have fun while drinking. I guaruntee you that some one is gonna come up with a drinking game or 2 if we all just sit around drinking.

So why not host a game. Also, at the rate of drinking in beer pong, you have to be a major cheap-drunk to get drunk in beer pong. It's not a game of lets-see-who-can-down-this-the-fastest.

With as many drinkers as there is, some kind of game is gonna happen, so why not host one?

Mike Honcho
06-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Gramps? I'm no gramps but I'm old enough to know beer pong is a juvenile activity for losers. Of course not bingo either, lets find something that represents us as a professional industry. How's that for a novel idea kid?

Darkangel

I will give you the benefit of the doubt knowing that you don't know me, you see it's real easy to call someone a loser with a computer between us. Also the last 5 transworlds I have attended there was always the same trend in that, well haunters like to drink. With that being said it was an obvious choice in suggesting beer pong to my good friend Shane because believe it or not, it's a game that brings all walks of life together not just the so called losers you have mentioned.

Darkangel
06-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Sorry guys....Beer Pong? That's pathetic!

Also, have you noticed that your "good friend" Shane doesn't even drink anyway?
Let us not forget the Scarefactory employee who got canned representing our industry talking about getting drunk to a reporter, will we ever evolve?

Darkangel

Motograter
06-01-2009, 08:07 PM
hahahahah boob girl just won't go away. I'm thinking maybe I should make up some t-shirts with her on it and make me some money. :)

damon carson
06-01-2009, 11:32 PM
As far as the guy from Scarefactory sayin something to the order of sitting around drinking and coming up with ideas for animations, Who is to say it isnt true? He was stupid or should have presented himself in a more proffessional way when being interviewed my a television station.
And if it is true I dont blame them for firing him. I would say about 90% of haunters do drink. Its a free country. You have a choice so if you dont drink go somewhere else. I dont think everyone is going to get $#*+ faced drunk. But I imagine just because Shane doesnt drink he doesnt want everyone not to have fun. If he doesnt want a few drinking games and alcohol and things that go with a party atmosphere I suggest he have his party at the nearest church basement or Chucky Cheese.
Damon

graystone
06-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Guys LOL just because I don't drink don't mean no one else should. If you drink drink and if you don't then don't either way its going to be fun! Also if you noticed the very fristpost I had on this thread I placed stated when the "bar" would open. I honestly don't know what the hell beer pong is ( I know its sad) but if you guys want do do it hell do it.

If you want to screw the boob lady do it! even if you will be sick for weeks after! I think I just threw up in my mouth. If you think about it it would be like a 3 way with her and the 2 guys on the front of her boobs! Back Brad hold back buddy your time will come!!!

This party is for everyone friends, foes and even boob ladies its a party for the Indusry its my party, your party, OUR party!!! I am jut the host and the planner here. Shane and its all I ask is don't trash the place! Shane this time!!!!!!

Darkangel
06-02-2009, 07:32 AM
Hey look, I can drink with the best of them believe me. No one said anything about not having the bar open I'm just saying bringing up pubescent games like beer pong is lame thats what kids do before they are legal to drink in their parents house when they're not home or in the dorm.

Darkangel

MDKing
06-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Since when does it mean in order to have fun you have to drink? I always have fun and never drink! It can be done...

Allan

graystone
06-02-2009, 08:02 AM
I feel you bro heck me and you can have a glass of cranberry juice! Now back to OUR party guys PLEASE KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING!

Look guys I don't want this to become a bitch fest. Were going to have food for everyone to eat. Were going to have booze for those who drink. Were going to have music and a dance floor for those who dance. Now what else do you want? Shane and its Chris my friend whats beer pong? Shane this time!

graystone
06-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I am listening and open to any and all suggestions you may have. This is something that will take me months to put together but I am doing it for you guys! Something I think we need and man on man what a way to network! Shane and its I will make you guys proud! Shane this time.

elowther
06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Sounds like a blast Shane. The Creative Visions party last year was great and like you said, what an awesome networking opportunity. I would love to see Larry DJ the event! That would really be something to see. It sounds like you will be putting your all into this party by starting this soon so it's bound to be a big hit. Good luck with the planning and I'll see you all there!

Eric

graystone
06-03-2009, 08:43 PM
The offer for Larry to join in is on the table! Shane and its can you handle it Larry? Shane this time!

terrormasue
06-04-2009, 05:48 AM
How much is he going to charge? I'd get it in writing....lol

graystone
06-20-2009, 05:26 PM
I am still looking for suggestions for a spot to hold the party of the year. Any more suggestions anyone? Shane and its I am still looking at options! Shane this time!

Fear Unfathomed
06-20-2009, 08:49 PM
hey shane,
im not exactly sure what you have in mind but i went to Morgan Street Brewery earlier this year down at Laclede's Landing which, according to googlemaps, is 0.3 miles from the america center, and it is a very fun place. it had several bars and patios and dance halls and they have banquet halls. heres the link to their site that takes you directly to their banquet halls info: http://www.morganstreetbrewery.com/b...department.htm
their website doesnt do them justice, in my opinion. but it is a very fun atmosphere.
just an idea. i dont go out and party very much off campus in st louis but this is one place i love after one visit.
-lauren

HauntedMemphis
06-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Link didn't work from the last post. This one should: http://www.morganstreetbrewery.com/ then hit the banquet department link on the menu.

graystone
06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I have the official date. The TransWorld kick off party will be Wednesday evening March 24th 2010. Thanks to TransWorld you all will be hearing more on this event through them and on here through me. The location of the party has not been decided yet as I am still looking at locations.

Lets talk menue. I am looking at a menue of bbq pork and chicken good comfort food. Your thoughts on this menue is much needed. Again this is a party for us all and I want as much imput on this as I can get from you guys. Its turning into a huge undertaking but it will be worth it! Shane and its PLEASE KEEP THE SUGGESTIONS COMING! Shane this time.

brad
06-25-2009, 08:37 PM
It's good to hear that we have a date set. And the menu sounds fine to me.

Keep up the good work Shane.

BruiseMuse
06-25-2009, 09:34 PM
Shane,
I'd love to see some form of vegetarian option on the menu :D

graystone
06-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I will see what I can do. If nothing else I will see that if you attend something in the forum of a vegetarian plate will be available for you. Shane and its tofu anyone? Shane this time.

SomeThingInTheIce
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Sounds great and thanks for doing this Shane, I know you must be working your phone to death to get this set up. Having it wedsday is a great way to kick off the trade show and get everyone into town too. I'm looking forward to this party and heading back to St. Louis.

Fear Unfathomed
06-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Shane,
Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis is PHENOMENAL. They opened just over a year and a half ago and Travel Channel has already highlighted them as one of the top smokehouses in the nation. They are my recommendation for that kind of food. They are so good that I have eaten there for breakfast because that's how much I was craving it. lol And I'm not the only one this crazy about them - they sell out almost every day.
Here's their site: http://www.pappyssmokehouse.com/

graystone
06-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Keep your suggestions coming I am listining! I still very much need more and as much feedback on this as I can get. Shane and its keepum coming! Shane this time.

Nightmare_Trance
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Shane,

As far as the location, Morgan Street Brewery is a pretty nice spot. But last weekend we went to a party at the St. Louis city museum and had a blast. The ball rooms have some great architecture and atmosphere and it is a half mile from the convention center.
http://www.citymuseum.org/facilityrental.html

Nightmare_Trance
07-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Larry,

I remember Tasmania's on Sunday night with Q104. GOOD TIMES...

damon carson
07-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Morgan Street Brewery is a cool place. With its own micro brewery ect. The beers are pretty good. Food is alright. But if you want to choose between them and Lemp Mansion Grand Hall the better would be at the Grand Hall. Ive ate at both and I would say they have much better food. If you want bbq then you could have Jakes steaks bring that in since they are both owned by the Pointer family. And Lemp mansion has excellent fried chicken and roast beef.
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
07-01-2009, 06:16 PM
All this talk of food is making me hungry, Shane any chance of 4th of July party.lol.

graystone
07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Right now its between the Ren Grand Ball Room and the Americas Center Ball room either way both are trying to give an azz raping here! Over priced food and you are charged for every little thing. I can fully understand the vendors now Good grief!

Now here is the problem based on what my attendance was last year and and those thats coming that went to the lights on tour in 09 then its gonna be over 500 people attend I am pretty sure. So with that number these are the only two places that can handle that number of people. The Lemp can only hold 300 max! So any other suggestions? or its going to be one or the other. Also you rather see a sit down meal then go into the fun stuff or rather a party that servers Appetizers? I am trying to keep this price within reason for everyone. Shane and its I got to try and have the location locked in within the next 4 to 6 weeks! Shane this time.

Allen H
07-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I would recommend an appetizer dinner. You have plenty of activities going on and that way if some folks come late they wont miss out on food. I also prefer it because you can more "tastes" of different things as opposed to alot of something you hope you like.
(my wife entertains alot)
Allen H

SomeThingInTheIce
07-02-2009, 05:05 PM
A party with appetizers is the way to go!!!!

elowther
07-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I agree with Allen H, that sounds like a good way to go.

Eric

damon carson
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I say the Flamingo Bowl. LOL! Im running out of ideas! Other than Larrys house. Ha ha! Appetizers and an open bar and I will be happy. Maybe a kegger party that would be awesome!
Damon

Mike Honcho
07-03-2009, 03:39 PM
lots of shrimp haha spicy grilled etc...

graystone
07-03-2009, 04:06 PM
TransWorld will be doing a meet and greet at the Flamingo they will announce it at some point as they will also announce my kick off party. I am working with Jen and she with me so everyone can do as much as they like! Shane and its I am not gonna let you guys down on this party! Shane this time!

graystone
07-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback but it would be great to see a little more on what and how you want to eat! Shane and its come on step and tell me! Shane this time.

chuck weber
07-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Book DJ DAVE GHOUL for the party instead of who you all ready booked. You'll thank me for it later. He still has dates open, and travels anywhere. He's perfect for the type of gig your having. Remember, LOUD is only beautiful if its CLEAN. His sound system is the best I have ever heard.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-04-2009, 03:13 PM
cheese sticks
potato skins
chesse sq.
chips and dips
shrimp
meat balls
I'm easy when it comes to snack food.

graystone
07-04-2009, 03:58 PM
I have to option to back out with the other company there is still time,but the company I have hired has tons of lighting,will be bringing 4 13x16 screens so while the music is playing music videos will be playing too. I got several other goodies that I am getting them to do. If this guy has all of this equipment I will listen to his offer. I am looking for more than a DJ I want tons of goodies does he have what I mentioned? Can he bring the goods? Shane and its let me know! Shane this time.

Fear Unfathomed
07-05-2009, 09:12 PM
neil,
forgot about the city museum!! that place is so much fun.

Nightmare_Trance
07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
It is!!! I'm not sure who has more fun there, me or my kids. It is a blast!!!

graystone
07-08-2009, 08:21 AM
We will either be at the Renaissance Grand or the Americas Center. I was hoping for a place that would be cheaper because I realize you guys are Haunters and want so save as much as you can! The problem is none of the restaurants in St. Louis can hold anything over 200 and theres no room for DJ's, dance floors, stage for the costume contest!

I can also tell you guys you pay for everything and I mean every little thing! I can totally understand what vendors go through now. I do think at the end of the day its gonna be an AWSOME WAY TO KICK OFF THE SHOW. Its looking the cost of this party will run from low end $50.00 to high end $75.00 per person. Thats what its costing me! I AM NOT MAKING A DIME OFF THIS PARTY ITS FOR THE INDUSTRY! If there is any left over I will be giving it to the HHA. It might sound a little high till you realize what all will be involved in this party.

This party will be buffet style party there will be pulled pork bbq station, a meat station with turkey, brisket, ham there will be a station set up with assorted finger sandwiches and veggies, dips, there will be a shrimp station, there is a hot wings station and enough sweets that you will gain 5lbs just looking! You will be able to eat all night. We will have door prizes from 100 bucks to over 2000.00!!!!!!! So I want you to reaize you will leave full and with some major props to add to your haunt! Hey don't for get over $1500.00 in cash money for the costume contest!!! This will be a party where you can kick back, dance, net work with all your fellow haunters. Shane and let please. please give me your thoughts! Shane this time.