PDA

View Full Version : Boomtown Days Event in Joplin

Raycliff Manor
06-14-2009, 12:53 PM
We've spent the last 3 days hosting a Raycliff Manor booth at the Joplin Boomtown days. We had a raffle every day with three prizes given away each evening at 7pm (A midnight Syndicate CD, a Raycliff Manor T-shirt and a Family Four Pack of tickets to both our attractions this fall). We handed out somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 club cards containing our website, info on our two haunts and a coupon for the fall season. You can check out pictures of our booth and our team at play at http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=375882486&albumId=1267430

Enjoy!

Kel

Nightgore
06-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Awesome pics! It looks like you all had alot of fun... and I bet is was HOT! -Tyler

Raycliff Manor
06-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks Tyler. We had a LOT of laughs! It was very hot and humid, but we were having so much fun that it was well worth it. I wore my SPFX mask and special effect contact lenses for 12-1/2 hours straight on Friday. I think that was a personal record. People love the mask! Our team did an OUTSTANDING job of mingling and playing with the festival attendees. Saturday afternoon the festival surpassed capacity and they had to close the gate! Our tent was very close to the bandstand so we got to hear all the bands, including Kansas, really well. : ) Definitely good publicity and good times!:grin:

Kel

Darkblood
06-14-2009, 01:30 PM
Wow Kel! Looks like a lot of fun!
It's funny...our town has Boomtown Days too (Titusville, Pa where Drake Well is-discovery of oil by Col. Edwin L. Drake) and Pithole (their sister museum was a boomtown that came and went)...lol
I read your title and thought you were up here doing PR! lol
Hope it all pays off! :)
Kirk

Raycliff Manor
06-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Kirk, If I was ever visiting your area, you'd be the first to know! We could talk haunt all day! LOL

Kel

Darkblood
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
That is true...so true!
I'm going to have to plan on heading south to visit Raycliff Manor someday!

Kirk

Jim Warfield
06-15-2009, 01:48 AM
At the south edge of Mt. Carroll got it's name from the fact that 140 years ago farmers brought their bobsleds into that part of town in the winter.
I once made a display for Mayfest under an outside stairway, I hing weeping willow branches down over the entrance making a natural curtain, the sign said:"The Goon Noses All".
Most adults were afraid to walk in and look into the little cardboard box, kids loved it!
It looks like too much FUN was had Kel.
Such good participation from the help too! Nice to see.

Raycliff Manor
06-15-2009, 07:35 AM
Thanks Jim! We really are lucky to have such a great Fright Team! Some great memories were definitely made!:)

Kel