PDA

View Full Version : Castle of Carnage This Past Weekend

Fear Unfathomed
06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I just wanted to get on here to say that I had an absolute blast acting at the Castle of Carnage in Dayton this weekend for their Mid Summer Nights Scream! For those of you that don’t know, it’s a Jaycee haunt that was a part of the bus tours for MHC last year. I actually found out about them on Tuesday when Larry posted a link from ActiveDayton.com on one of the MHC threads. They have a house and a trail and they had about 60 people volunteering to work it this weekend. I got the pleasure of working in their dentist scene which was a ton of fun – had kids crying and people dropping to the floor! Feel free to take a look at the attached pictures taken by the Dayton Daily News on Friday. The rest of the pictures can be found here: http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/galleries/Entertainment/Events/061209hauntedhouse/ This is the first time they’ve opened for a weekend to the public during the off-season and they are hoping that it will become a summer fundraiser for them. This past weekend they had about 150 customers and all of their proceeds go directly back into the community. They are a genuinely nice and fun group of people to work with and I’m looking forward to helping them out this summer as they get the house ready for this season. They have been around for over 20 years and I wish them much success in the years ahead! I enjoyed getting to know everyone and I am glad I made some new Dayton friends (since I moved here a month ago). So, I just wanted to say THANK YOU to the Castle of Carnage for letting me act with them – I had a ton of fun! They’re good quality for their price - so I suggest that if any of you guys ever get the chance to visit the Dayton area in October, stop by the Castle of Carnage!

chuck weber
06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
They weren't part of the MHC haunt tour this year? This jaycee haunt looks great !!! More photos and information, please... Thanks, Chuck. Continued Success !

Fear Unfathomed
06-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks! The only pictures I have of the haunt are the ones found at the Dayton Daily News website I included above.

Here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/riversidehauntedhouse.
Their jaycee site is here: http://www.riversidejaycees.org/

I can give you the owner's contact info if you want. As far as more info goes, about 45 of the volunteers were high school age or younger and they've got some good actors in that bunch. They open in the end of September and are open Thurs-Sun.

Jonathan
06-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Hope it was fun. You were telling me you were psyched to act in it.

Sounds like you had a blast. Always fun to let loose in a haunt anytime you can.

Fear Unfathomed
06-16-2009, 10:55 AM
It really is - it's my stress release and natural high. :-)

OdetteDespairr
06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey Lauren! Im glad u had such an awesome time i wish i could have made it down there to act!!!

Lots of hugs!

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

Fear Unfathomed
06-17-2009, 08:28 PM
hey jackie!
wish you could have too! i hope we can act together someday.... that would rock!