PDA

View Full Version : What Music Gets You Pumped Up To Scare?

chainsawdayandnight
06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
My Favorite song to listen to is either Dark Night Theme song or WECAMEWITHBROKENTEETH.

How bout you?

Fear Unfathomed
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
my taste in music changes weekly so it's usually whatever badass, high energy song that ive had playing in my car and in my head for the week. whatever gets my adrenaline pumping - i do have the saw theme song on my ipod though.

Dr. Giggles
06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
The Beast By TS
Once in a lifetime by Talking Heads
You Suck by Pour Habbit

CacklestheClown
06-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Anything by Midnight Syndicate. It is especcially made for haunted houses, and, in my opinion, there is nothing better.

StackerSteve
06-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Anything by Midnight Syndicate. It is especcially made for haunted houses, and, in my opinion, there is nothing better.I found one thing I can agree with you on. I listen to it while designing masks too. It just gets me in the mood

OdetteDespairr
06-22-2009, 08:56 AM
I Am Ghost

Zombie Girl

Otep

Calabrese

Battlelore

Coheed and Cambria

Just some stuff to get the blood pumping and get in the zone.

Oh and of course "This is Halloween" from my nightmare before christmas soundtrack teehee

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

phreakout
06-22-2009, 11:54 PM
to get me in the halloween spirit, I listen to mainly dark ambient music.

when I am getting into costume, I pump hard dance music into my headphones. it builds my energy up and totally gets me ready to go. It makes me want to move around and give me confidence.

graystone
06-23-2009, 06:41 AM
Sesame Street
The Smurfs
Scooby Doo
Inspector Gadget !!!!! Any of these songs will get you pumped up! Shane and its man I am ready to do some scaring! Shane this time...

Fear Unfathomed
06-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Sesame Street
The Smurfs
Scooby Doo
Inspector Gadget !!!!! Any of these songs will get you pumped up! Shane and its man I am ready to do some scaring! Shane this time...

not poker face??? lol

Nicole
06-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Most songs by Hybrid and uptempo songs from UNKLE

damon carson
07-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Midnight syndicate!
Damon

virgil
07-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Slipknot
Disturbed
Dragon Force
almost anything on the Roadrunner Label....

Then there's Jerry Vayne...oh my what music!

I seldom listen to anything orchestral unless
it's from the Romantic Era or early 20th century...
some serial music and experimental...

Badger
07-02-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a friend who ever year makes me a mixtape (acutally a CD) of select rockabilly, psychobilly, metal, and similar stuff form her enormous collection. I might get Danzig, The Misfits, The Supersuckers, Rob Zombie, Rocket 350, PsychoCharger, and/or many others. I never know what's in it until she sends it to me in September.

I'm sure she's already started putting it together...

hauntedghost
07-02-2009, 11:03 PM
well it's not about music that gets me sometimes but..

it's more the meeting before we go to work. All the actors will do the rules and then our boss gets us yelling and stuff before we go out there.

I do sit in my car and lessen to nice music before anything...
maybe i am weird like that...

Nightmare_Trance
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Rob Zombie
Drowning Pool

jack
07-21-2009, 06:30 AM
Pretty much anything off a Silent Hill game soundtrack

The Unquiet Void's lovecraftian CDs

oasissandpaper666
07-21-2009, 09:41 PM
i did a scene simply called the tunnel for 7 years in a row . the cart drove in, we closed them in , fog it out and push play on the cd player . its korns blind , that song holds the most perfect intro for a chainsaw attack ! its great till this day, try it out everybody . your welcome love OASIS. !!

txaschainsaw
07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
Basically anything Disturbed has to offer.

best band ever in my opinion

StackerSteve
07-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I just put the Halloween theme on my ringtones and set it for text notic. I get all happy inside when I hear it. Beetle Juice is my call tone.
Anyone on the Verizon network interested in it just PM me. I found out that I can froward them. I made my own on a website so you get to pic the best parts

skully
08-01-2009, 05:38 PM
drowning pool, underoath, escape the fate and THE ENTIRE Queen of the Damned soundtrack.
im not in high action spots most nights - mostly dialoging face to face with the customers so i like more main stream than full on screamo angry music

The Forsaken Crypt
08-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Before I go out ot scare people I listen to Nox Arcana or Midnight Syndicate. It really gets you in the mood and gets you in the horror zone.

Dr. Giggles
08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Magic By Pilot
And
O Fortuna by Beethoven
Two of the best songs ever right there. (In my opinion)

Jim Warfield
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Music doesn't do it for me.
I simply get excited when people show up here, maybe that's why I'm doing this every night of the entire year? (For 21 years)
It is very addictive, having all of this very peculair fun.
And everything I do here is done in fun and I think 98% of my customers know this and even look forward to it being this way that I orchestrate it.
I don't get bored because I adjust the tour constantly as to how people are reacting. I could probably fill up 3 or more hours with non-stop routine here, telling the house's ghost stories with attempted humor or not, depending on why they are here some just want the serious storys and I enjoy doing this too.

ZodiacWarrior
09-01-2009, 02:13 AM
Let's see... I have a whole playlist dedicated to music to get me in the mood to scare...

1. Psychosocial - Slipknot
2. Horrors At War - Debauchery
3. 1997 (Tonight we're gonna party like it's...) - Sleepytime Gorilla Museum
Actually anything by Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.
4. Not Falling - Mudvayne
5. Any remix of the theme "Vampire Killer" from Castlevania
6. Trollhammaren - Finntroll
7. Death Rattle - Pantera
8. Cowboys From Hell - Pantera
9. Ace of Spades - Mötörhead
10. Beast and the Harlot - Avenged Sevenfold
11. That's Wicked - Twiztid (Yeah, so sue me)
12. Torture Pit - Debauchery
13. Raining Blood - Slayer
14. Wish I Had An Angel - Nightwish

And I doubt I'll change it much, at least in the near future. As I said though, that's just my pre-haunt, pre-scaring music. I just feed off the ambient noise and energy when I'm actually scaring. Once I'm in the mood, it comes naturally.

StackerSteve
09-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm going to add Lamb of God

Damien Warwick
09-15-2009, 03:13 PM
without a doubt either Greatest Show Unearthed by Creature Feature (all there stuff actually gets me ready), or This is Halloween by Manson

farnsworth
09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
Pretty much anything can get me worked up, even the 1812 Overture(the whole thing..) but I like a bit of Kamelot and Nightwish, because they put me in a "performance" kind of mood.

While I'm on my way to the House, I usually start out with something you'd hear in a club(black-eyed peas, 50 cent, or whatever thumps and makes no lyrical sense), and work my way to heavy rock, though.

evilintentions
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Its all about Lamb of god and meshuggah. Thats what i listen to so i get hyped up.

Ratbitw
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Hells bells

Iron man

frankenstien

and Freebird!:grin:

ZodiacWarrior
09-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Gotta love the old school stuff, too! My list just has mostly grimy newer metal stuff because I'm acting in a post apocalyptic area, and it feeds that feral, scavenger/squatter mentality for me.

Gman035t
10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Swinging the Dead by Devil Driver

iscarepeople
11-13-2009, 07:09 AM
For me its usually insane clown posse and kottonmouth kings

soultrkr
11-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Alot of great artists and songs to get you in the mood listed already I would just like to toss in the band Lordi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdItwaLrv1U

ZodiacWarrior
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
For me its usually insane clown posse and kottonmouth kings

I'm actually a bit surprised that I'm not the only one here who listens to either! lol.

My main song that I played in the car on the way to the haunt was, and probably will be from now on, "To Catch A Predator" by ICP. The creepy, comedy and killing combine just too darn well in that song and for some reason gets me really into character, and I'm not even a clown.

BruiseMuse
11-13-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm a bit quirky in my music tastes, so I will listen to anything from Rob Zombie and Pantera to Broadway show tunes (Chicago, Cabaret, Rent, etc).

iscarepeople
11-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Yeah back when a buddy and me use to do the clown maze at a old haunt we worked at it was usually amazing maze on the way to work. Extremely loud too I might add! We'd walk around singing icp all night in that place. I've been doing haunting for 12years and still listen to that everynight I was working

newhorror2010
02-13-2010, 10:55 AM
Back in the day I loved listening to Bodies by Drowning Pool. Now a days though pretty much as soon as boss man flips the breakers for the house lights to go off & the prop lights on I get excited!

John

ZodiacWarrior
02-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Yeah back when a buddy and me use to do the clown maze at a old haunt we worked at it was usually amazing maze on the way to work. Extremely loud too I might add! We'd walk around singing icp all night in that place. I've been doing haunting for 12years and still listen to that everynight I was working

Haha, me too, though I've been haunting for a much shorter period. lol. There was another Juggalo working my haunt this year, too. Crazy how we all come out for Halloween stuff!

Oh, I'd also like to add to my list of music that pumps me up, Rammstein. Freuer Frei specifically.

Bloodlustxaos
02-17-2010, 06:17 AM
Wow...tough one...listened to alot of different things this year...

Drowning Pool "Bodies"

Slipknot "My Plague"

Powerman 5000 "Horror Show"

Coheed and Cambria "Welcome Home"

Hollywood Undead "Undead"

etc...lol...like i said, ALOT of different things

HauntedLehmanPark
02-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Gothminister

Johnny Thunder
01-23-2011, 05:58 PM
On my ride in I listened to White & Rob Zombie, especially the remix stuff. Got me in the mood and pumped.

Fear Unfathomed
01-23-2011, 11:48 PM
To add to my earlier post on this thread from I dunno how long ago...

Nightmare Revisited. Awesome album. Disney, Nightmare Before Christmas, and rock - what more could you want??

LivingTheHauntedHouseLife
06-21-2011, 08:25 AM
I listen to the Halloween Theme Song to get pumped.
(: I love listening to the song when it's the middle of June even so to me it's just a normal thing(:

~LivingTheHauntedHouseLife

Reverend Colt
08-26-2011, 05:44 AM
ACDC- Thunderstruck
Rage Against The Machine- Anything, hell everything
Manson's- The Beautiful People

Marr Branch
08-26-2011, 07:26 PM
anything BlackSabath

Marr Branch
08-26-2011, 07:28 PM
White Zombie 196fivvvveee yeah wow