PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fear Haunted House

brad
06-23-2009, 05:30 PM
After a few years of not openning a haunt, I'm pleased to announce that the Ultimate Fear Haunted House will be re-openning for the 2009 season!

We have moved from Longview, TX to Shreveport, LA and are now residing in a 12,000 sq.ft. building in the heart of the old downtown district.

As it sits right now, we are looking at our event sitting around 7,500- 8,000 sq.ft.

We have just recently signed our lease agreement, and are now moving everything into our building. As the weeks go on, I will post pics of our setup, and whatever else happens in the building.

2009 is shaping up to be a very great year for me and my business partner!!!

Website is coming soon.

Front Yard Fright
06-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Congradulations man! Beautiful building!
Can't wait to see what you do with it!

brad
06-23-2009, 05:41 PM
The building is supposed to be over 100 years old, and one very creepy area in the building is a set of bathrooms in the farthest, darkest corner. They were segregated bathrooms used back in the 50's and 60's.

Seeing them as they are, it is pretty creepy. But then knowing what they were used for, makes them especially creepy!!!

mikeq91
06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
congrats and best of luck... please keep us updated with pictures!

Greg Chrise
06-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Good move on the locationiony. Good luck!

Greg Chrise
06-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Locat-ee-ohneey.

brad
06-23-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks a lot guys. I wanted to stay in the Longview area for a few years, and then consider moving to Shreveport or somewhere else, but this opportunity came up that I couldnt pass up!

freak 'n' stein
06-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Must say I'm a bit envious!! Best of luck...awesome locale!!!

Nightgore
06-23-2009, 08:47 PM
Looks awesome Brad... I'm so happy for you! Remember, if you need ANY help what-so-ever, I'm just a phone call away! -Tyler

Haunts of Richmond
06-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Awesome! Looking forward to the pictures...

- Ryan

shawnc
06-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Brad,

That's a great looking building, especially the facade.

Being out of it for a few years, could you briefly say how are you going to get started? What's your thought process going in?

Thanks,
Shawn

shredman
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
My haunt is in Shreveport as well! Of course we havent opened since 2007, but still, haha, we will be opening again in 2010!

I think I have seen that location, and I am very close to it if it is where I think it is!

I WILL be coming to check the haunt out this year!

-Zack
www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com

brad
06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Looks awesome Brad... I'm so happy for you! Remember, if you need ANY help what-so-ever, I'm just a phone call away! -Tyler

I'll deffinately keep in touch with you man. I might have a question here and there.

Thanks!!!

brad
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Brad,

That's a great looking building, especially the facade.

Being out of it for a few years, could you briefly say how are you going to get started? What's your thought process going in?

Thanks,
Shawn

Well Shawn, I've had this planned out since after October '06. We ran the haunt that year and were a lot more successful than I thought we would be. So, I started planning for '07, and I bought a bunch of stuff at TW, etc., etc. We weren't able to open up in '07 for a few reasons, so
I started planning for this year. Because of my job, there wouldnt be any way to open last year.

We are taking things one step at a time. We didnt rush into anything this year. We discovered the builing the day I drove to St. Louis for TW, and we are just now signing the lease. So that might give you an idea of how long we purposefully took to cover every avenue- permitting, inspections, expenses, etc., etc.

Now that we are in the location and its building time, we are inviting the fire marshall and the building inspectors in regularly, so they can see how well we are building everything, so that they can gain more trust in us.

And thats where we are now. I still have some ideas set for the coming months, but I'll let those play out when the time comes.

Until then.........

brad
06-24-2009, 07:52 PM
My haunt is in Shreveport as well! Of course we havent opened since 2007, but still, haha, we will be opening again in 2010!

I think I have seen that location, and I am very close to it if it is where I think it is!

I WILL be coming to check the haunt out this year!

-Zack
www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com

Oh, I didnt realize there was one here in '07. What part of town was it in?

shredman
06-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Near Cypress Lake, I guess thats Bossier, haha

brad
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
We are finished laying down the overall layout now, and are moving most of my stuff into the building. We are starting to put some props and effects in the rooms they belong, and we're seeing what everything looks like now that there's stuff in the rooms.

It really coming together fairly easy right now.

brad
06-24-2009, 08:53 PM
As we packed everything up in our cars, we had to make sure we scared a few people as we were driving down the road.....

shredman
06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
looks good man!

Nightgore
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Awesome pics man... and yeah, keep in touch and if you need anything just call or txt me!

I'm so excited for you! -Tyler

Twin Locusts
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
What a killer location! Even the facade has some character, post more pics.

terrormasue
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
OK Brad, lets get going on this. Great building!!! Can't wait!

brad
06-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Sue, I know Im gonna be pretty busy on this when I get home, but I promise you and I will have time to get together and talk. I still wanna come out and see your place.

If there's any way you could help out if you still want to, that would be awesome. And I would owe you big time!!!

terrormasue
06-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm there, you got it. I am off this next week. I will give your partner a call. Talk to you soon. You are doing better then the rest of us, very hot here probably pretty nice in Alaska!!! Enjoy the nice weather while you can. See you soon.

brad
06-26-2009, 07:08 PM
I wish it was nice up here, but things aren't going to well in the Arctic Circle. Everyone says that this is going to be the coldest summer in a long time. Everyday I've been here, it's always been overcast, with high winds, and I dont think the temperature has gotta above 35 not once.

I'm deffinately jealous of you guys down south.

Raycliff Manor
06-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Brad! How did I miss this news man! This is awesome! Congratulations and please feel free to call me any time if you need to bounce things around. Way to go my friend! I'll be anxious to see the progress and hear your updates!

Kel

brad
06-27-2009, 08:07 PM
LOL.... I was wondering where you were at Kel! And things are going great right now. If I wasnt stuck in Alaska, it would be even better.

brad
06-27-2009, 08:08 PM
And a little update to this.......

We used InPro Insurance and went thru Robin Walker. She was great to deal with, and gave us a very reasonable price.

Anyone who's getting into this, needs to talk to her.

The Forsaken Crypt
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Wow that set of bathrooms looks creepy, I'd have alot of fun making it repulsive

IF YOUR 555
06-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Looks awsome Brad, is there any history to the cross hanging on the restroom wall?

brad
06-28-2009, 06:30 PM
You know, I dont think I've even noticed that cross until just now. I know that building has been used for many different businesses over the years.

I really wouldnt know who to talk to about it. But I sure would like to know.

brad
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I have gotten a lot of PM's from people asking how I did this and how I did that.

So I am gonna try and make this thread as detailed as I can (but I still have some secrets).

Anybody that wants to ask any questions, feel free whether it's on this thread or as a PM.

We have everything in place now, and are putting all of our props in the rooms that they belong in. Then we will start building walls around them.

Nightgore
06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Brad,

The pics look awesome! You have ALOT of work ahead of you, but it's all fun right! hahahaha...

Keep us updated! -Tyler

tchaunt
06-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Wow! You've got a VERY nice location! It's not hard at all to imagine a haunt in that building. It definitely has character to it. And if you figure out anything about that cross, make sure ya' tell us! Good luck to ya'!

brad
06-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks a lot! And Im gonna try and find something out about that cross.

My guys are deffinately staying busy while Im stuck in Alaska.

More pics coming soon.

shawnc
06-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Hey, how about putting a time-lapse camera up in that corner so we can see the progress. Ooh, even better - a webcam so we can all watch live and log in with our tips and questions. You don't have anything better to do right now, do you? :p

brad
06-29-2009, 12:37 AM
We talked about doing that time lapse camera thing, but I guess thats all we did was simply talk about it. But we'd have to get it to turn somehow to take pics of the whole place.

Besides, it only takes a few minutes to climb up there and snap a few pics.

Also, our website is still in development, so it may be a bit to do the webcam thing. Its a great idea though.

Scareview
06-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow! You have some great potential for at least a second floor!! I'm glad to hear someone is opening since the Edge of Madness in Calhoun, LA has closed their doors.

brad
06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Scareview, do you know why they closed down? I've been a fan of that place for years.

Its just a coinsidence that Im moving into the area the year after they shut down.

brad
06-29-2009, 10:28 PM
It has begun!!!

The first sets of framing are going up, and we are finally breaking solid ground now. We should have all of the framing erected within the next 2 weeks, working a few nights and weekends.

We are placing a plywood sheet every so many feet, to help brace the framing and keep it square.

brad
06-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Some family and friends helping us out with the painting department.

Also, cutting down our 2x4's for our studs and other bracing pieces.

This is just about as far as we got over the weekend. It's really starting to come together now.

Also, we found a way to incorporate those creepy bathrooms into the event!!!

We thought it wouldn't be possible because of the emergency egress walkways needed, but it took some ingenious thinking and a little Jack Daniels, and we got it figured out!!

So expect to see some good set photos from that area!!!

Nightgore
06-29-2009, 10:45 PM
DAMN SON!!! It all looks good man, thanks for the updates! -Tyler

Scareview
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Brad, I've been wondering the same thing about that place but never could get an answer. I was really bummed to learn they were not open last year or even opening this year. BUT supposedly they will be re-opening in 2010...... I can remember when they barely had anything and by 2007 it was awesome!!

shredman
07-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Well its not supposed to be known why the Edge closed.
I think i know but i found out by accident. Ive always been a huge fan of the Edge of Madness and friends with the owner

shredman
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh and Brad it is looking really great, ready for more pics

EMBRUJADA
07-08-2009, 06:47 PM
nice job , very gratefull for this view , i hope to take pictures of my haunt in the 2010 , :)

UnDeRTaKer313
07-08-2009, 07:02 PM
looks great. keep posting update pics! its wonderful.
question though.
why do you frame the entire thing?
in stead of using wall panels?

brad
07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
looks great. keep posting update pics! its wonderful.
question though.
why do you frame the entire thing?
in stead of using wall panels?

We opted to build it on the same lines that someone would build a house. This makes the fir marshall and inspectors happy. Also, it will be very sturdy, and can handle some damage from the patrons. We are builfinf a modular design this year, but if things go right, we plan on builing walls to whatever we like, and this will open up lots of room.... a la House Of Torment.

This weekend, we are getting tons of people together to put all of the walls together.
I will post pics as we go, but expect to see the entire structure built this weekend.

Then it's off to start the set design!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-09-2009, 11:31 AM
ok, awesome.
how big is your building and how big is your haunt?

MMManiac
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Looks awesome! great work man

zachary
07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
ok, awesome.
how big is your building and how big is your haunt?

Hello world! This is Zach, i am co-operator of Ultimate Fear Haunted House along with Brad. All those pictures you have seen, that is my work thus far :cool: I would have posted sooner but it took me about 4 times to register on this site before i actually got accepted :roll::roll::roll::confused::roll::roll::roll::rol l: ANYWAY, the building is 12,000 square feet, with the new rooms we have added, it is close to 9-10,000 square feet in use! Which is a fact i am proud of for our first REAL year of operations! I think room count is around 17? right now also.

So same story if you have any questions about anything feel free to ask. It has been a challenge to get this far, we have literally been working on this since February! Pay off is starting to come seeing the walls go up. We have around a dozen people for this weekend to help, i fully expect whole thing to be framed, and mostly plywooded by Sunday night! We also have enlisted an artist to do murals for us, whose work is simply amazing and creepy all at once!

FablesStudios
07-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Hello,

It all looks awesome. I'm sure the feeling of watching your dreams building up in front of your eyes is unbelievable. I cant wait for the 2010 season and watch mine come to life. Keep posting the pics. Best of luck!

Peter Tomeczko

Fables Studios

brad
07-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Well, after working all day Saturday, we didnt get quite as far as we wanted to, but we still made some progress.

We came to a big problem when it was time to put the plywood up. We realized that the floor was a lot more un-level than we thought before. We had to trim a lot of plywood down to get it to fit. Once we had a good rythm going, we made pretty good progress though.

Our framework got extended out quite a bit, and hopefully tomorow, when we finish, it should be close to being finished.

We wanted to start on set design today also, but that looks like that wont happen till sometime this coming week.

I finally worked up the nerve to step into those bathrooms today, and it's still very creepy. I think it's mainly because its in the back corner, and almost no light hits it from the windows. We managed to integrate these into the haunt, and still have our emergency egress where its needed.

More pics coming tomorow, and hopefully more progress will be made tomorow.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 09:18 AM
you guys are cruising along!
are you painting all of your walls black?
also check your email =)

brad
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
So far, we painted a lot of plywood black for the areas we knew would be all black (a few hallways, and a few rooms). In some of the pics Im posting tonite, you can see some panels are unpainted. We will be coming back in a few days and starting our set design on these blank walls. (And FYI, that room that's pictured will have a lot more stuff in there than what you see now).

I know there's a lot of black walls in these pics, but overall... only about 20% of the haunt wil be plain black walls. We just wanted to get those out of the way first, so we can focus on set design here pretty soon.

We made much better progress today, and hopefully in a few days, I will have 1 or 2 rooms getting decorated. I think a few of these rooms and going to turn out really nice!

brad
07-12-2009, 11:59 PM
you guys are cruising along!
are you painting all of your walls black?
also check your email =)

Hey Nick, I never got an email from you. Can you send it again? And send it to this email: brad@easttexasacquisitions.com

BarbieHaunt
07-13-2009, 12:11 AM
So needless to say, you must be back from Alaska. Or at least so it seems based on the amazing progress you've made on your haunted attraction. Very impressive!

brad
07-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Thank you!! And yes, I made it back on Friday. And I was so exhausted all day Saturday!! With the time difference, and going from working night shift and going back to day shift, and the lack of sleep. Thats one reason why we didnt get very much done on Saturday. I was a walking zombie!! LOL

Front Yard Fright
07-13-2009, 01:47 AM
Brad your haunt is coming along great!

And thanks so much for posting progress pictures, I truely enjoy see what other haunters have been up to!

Keep up the excellent work my friend!
:).

brad
07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks a lot Zach!!

I really enjoy helping others out in this case. It's always helpful for people that are trying to get into this to see in good detail what it takes to do it.

BarbieHaunt
07-13-2009, 02:39 AM
Brad,

It sounds like you really deserve to treat yourself to a day off, so you can just sleep and relax! You'll still get the haunt finished. You've made tremendous progress already!

zachary
07-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Just to clarify, Brad is not the reason amazing progress was made ;) He was slightly helpful though his first real day of construction help! ;) Saturday he was jet lagged, and kinda looked like a walking zombie with the bloodshot eyes and all!

I was hoping to get A LOT more done this weekend than we did, disappointed for sure, but progress never the less, i do think we are behind schedule though! :(

brad
07-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Brad,

It sounds like you really deserve to treat yourself to a day off, so you can just sleep and relax! You'll still get the haunt finished. You've made tremendous progress already!

Thanks, and yes it will get done.

And today is finally that day for me. Im not doing anything all day!

scarygoat
07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Looks awesome! And I too want to thank you for your update pics. So are you using OSB or plywood? I thought it looked like OSB...

brad
07-13-2009, 10:24 AM
Just to clarify, Brad is not the reason amazing progress was made ;) He was slightly helpful though his first real day of construction help! ;) Saturday he was jet lagged, and kinda looked like a walking zombie with the bloodshot eyes and all!

I was hoping to get A LOT more done this weekend than we did, disappointed for sure, but progress never the less, i do think we are behind schedule though! :(

And Zach is right!! While I've been in Alaska, he is the reason why we are where we are at now. I'm amazed that he's done so much in this amount of time. He's really impressed me a lot.

The big challenge for us is to get the rest of the structure done by next Wednesday, because I will be leaving again for a few more weeks.

I know we still have several months to go, but this is deffinately crunch time for us.

BarbieHaunt
07-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Kudos to Zach on a job well done! I personally can't tell that the job is behind schedule, but I still think you will get it all done in time. And Zach deserves a day off too for all his hard work (I guess after you leave next Wed since you have a deadline to meet while you're here). You guys are making huge strides daily!

brad
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Looks awesome! And I too want to thank you for your update pics. So are you using OSB or plywood? I thought it looked like OSB...

It is OSB. We would like to use a heavier grade in the future, but for the price, I'm happy with OSB for right now.

Haunts of Richmond
07-13-2009, 01:46 PM
It is OSB. We would like to use a heavier grade in the future, but for the price, I'm happy with OSB for right now.

Do you use luan at all? We have a ton of that and OSB in our haunt.

- Ryan

brad
07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Do you use luan at all? We have a ton of that and OSB in our haunt.

- Ryan

We will be using luan for some of our detailed areas, and then OSB on our blank walls and backdrops.

shredman
07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
im ready to see more pics!! :)

zachary
07-20-2009, 08:47 AM
im ready to see more pics!! :)

yeah about that, after working 12+ hour days on it, we are too tired to climb the ladder and take a daily picture, haha, so there will be a gap from halfway done, to all the way done! we will try to get some more pictures today to update, major progress made this weekend, and i think we are back on schedule!

HauntPhReAk
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
It's cool. It's enough that you are working so hard. You don't have to take pictures too. I'm sure we'll see the finished product and will be very impressed. Thanks for the quick update!

brad
07-21-2009, 12:08 AM
Man, we worked so hard over the weekend. A HUGE thanks to all of our friends who helped out!!! I wanted to take pics to show our progress, but just never got around to climbing upstairs to take the shots. I was so worn out after each day. But I did get a few that I'm posting.

An update though. We have almost every wall frame up, and we have most of our plywood mounted up. We got a lot of painting done over the weekend, and sometime soon, we will have a few rooms finished.

In these photos, I am showing our wood slat hallway, that for the most part, is done. The other photos show most of our indoor que line area. We hired an artist to come in and paint all of the walls in this area. She seems very talented, and Im anxious to see what she comes up with.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-21-2009, 08:28 AM
how did u do the slat hallway?

Twin Locusts
07-21-2009, 08:45 AM
That slat hallway's going to look good backlit.

danglin
07-21-2009, 11:19 AM
Brad,
Everything is looking good. I know that you are excited that everything is starting to take shape.
Does your building have sprinklers?

brad
07-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Brad,
Everything is looking good. I know that you are excited that everything is starting to take shape.
Does your building have sprinklers?

Yeah, it's really starting to look good now.

There are no sprinklers in our building this year, and we are not required to have them. I Louisiana, there can be a "temporary haunted house" and a "permenant haunted house". We are labeled as temporary this year, and that keeps us from having to get a sprinkler system. But next year, we will be in a different position.

brad
07-21-2009, 11:47 AM
That slat hallway's going to look good backlit.

Yes it will!!! I cant wait to get the lighting in place and see how it looks,

WickedWillow
07-21-2009, 11:57 AM
DAMN SON!!! It all looks good man, thanks for the updates! -Tyler

It's looking awesome!

And is Tyler your father? Just curious.

brad
07-21-2009, 12:00 PM
It's looking awesome!

And is Tyler your father? Just curious.

LOL, no, but he probly wishes he could be!!!

Scareview
07-21-2009, 12:47 PM
When are ya'll setting your opening date? Looking great and we plan to be one of the first in line if our schedule doesnt interfere!

Haunts of Richmond
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Louisiana, there can be a "temporary haunted house" and a "permenant haunted house".

Nice to hear LA is good to their haunted houses. VA can be a pain!

- Ryan

zachary
07-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Nice to hear LA is good to their haunted houses. VA can be a pain!
- Ryan

We are SOO lucky to have the fire marshal that we did. He is a stand up guy and worked with us on so many levels. The permitting process took about 5 months, but it was just time consuming, waiting to hear from this person that person, never once had a problem besides the wait. :grin: I am excited about this now! lots of rooms starting to come together, and new ideas brewing with inspired creativity! :p

brad
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
When are ya'll setting your opening date? Looking great and we plan to be one of the first in line if our schedule doesnt interfere!

Our openning night will be Oct. 2. And we will be open Friday- Sunday every weekend.

Let us know ahead of time when you will come out, and we'll make sure you have fun. ;)

brad
07-21-2009, 03:48 PM
We are working with Redcrow design on our website and logo design. We just recently finished the logo, and here it is.

We will do a little touch up work to it, and add a little bit more text to it, but this is the finished logo.

What do ya'll think?

zachary
07-23-2009, 09:37 PM
I signed the check for advertising today! Average listener will hear our ad 12.3 times they said! That is exciting for us, with a quarter million people within 100 miles! Also we have our charity picked out - one i am very proud to be teamed up with. :D More pictures coming this weekend! Have our waiting area finished now, and our artist will have most of it painted this weekend also!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-23-2009, 10:24 PM
speaking of fire marshalls,
we just hit the jackpot of situations.
We have between 2 fully liscneced firemen in the area working on the haunt full time with us. They know all the contacts in the area, and there friends with the Marshall, plus they are all trained EMT's. and total we have around 20 trained firefighters, and EMT's working on the haunt and working security, so before we even call the inspector we know if it will pass, plus, they know all the tricks.
It comes in handy and we are very luck to have that.

shawnc
07-24-2009, 01:13 AM
Nick, That may be the best way to deal with the fire marshall anyone has ever come up with. It always helps to have friends.

brad
07-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey Nick, we are so lucky to have the fire marshall that we have. He has been SO helpfull for us!!!

We couldn't ask for someone better to work with.

Twin Locusts
07-24-2009, 08:04 PM
We are working with Redcrow design on our website and logo design. We just recently finished the logo, and here it is.

We will do a little touch up work to it, and add a little bit more text to it, but this is the finished logo.

What do ya'll think?

nice design. Did the designer deliver .jpeg files only or were there, vector files as well, like .ai?

brad
07-25-2009, 10:06 AM
nice design. Did the designer deliver .jpeg files only or were there, vector files as well, like .ai?

I guess just jpeg. I dont know what the other one is your asking about.

Can you explain what that is?

zachary
07-25-2009, 07:26 PM
a few things in the works, here is a first attempt at a rock...still unfinished
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/Picture005.jpg?t=1248567512
more progress made
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/eee.jpg?t=1248567541
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/d.jpg?t=1248567566

zachary
07-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Our artist at work
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/Picture007.jpg?t=1248567592
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/Picture010.jpg?t=1248567614
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/sd.jpg?t=1248567632

graystone
07-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I just noticed your thread some how I been over looking it! I am impressed man! Its really looking good. Keep us posted. Shane and its rock on man! Shane this time!

Twin Locusts
07-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I guess just jpeg. I dont know what the other one is your asking about.

Can you explain what that is?

The .jpg is a pixel image, depending on the resolution you have a number of dots that make a very fine hard edged image or if it's low res you get a bit of a grainy or obvious raster edge image.

A vector file, like a cad file, or an Adobe Illustrator file, is made up of mathmatical formulas. The key difference is that when you enlarge a vector file, for a video graphic for example, it looks exactly the same really large and really small. When enlarging a raster file, a .jpg, you will eventually lose sharpness and eventually be litterally looking at dots.

I was just curious if you wanted to do any motion graphics with the image. If you're going to do posters or print for the image, the media maker will want at least a really large .jpg like 300 dpi. Most web graphics are 72 dpi. So if you plan on sending it to print or incorporating it into a magazine or billboard you'll need a 300 dpi image or a vector file of the image.

Front Yard Fright
07-26-2009, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the photo update Zachary! Looking very good!
That stone looks very realistic! How'd you make it??

And the haunt looks great! Coming right along!

Keep up the great work!

N2SPOOKINU
07-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Brad and Zach, its really cool to see the updated pics since visiting there 2 weeks ago. It helps to know what your plans are for the scenes and watch them come together. Lookin good! Thanks again for the tour and dinner!
Greg
Fearfest

BarbieHaunt
07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Wow! You continue to make amazing progress! Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress and for posting pictures. It looks like you are doing a great job!

zachary
07-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Hopefully it will look a lot better whenever it is finished in a few days. Although we are being very open about this build, we can not show you ALL of our secrets ;)

Now all I have to do is order 160 more sheets of osb, and get it all painted :) It is all braced up and secured, construction is 80% finished!

brad
07-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the photo update Zachary! Looking very good!

And the haunt looks great! Coming right along!

Keep up the great work!

I think my buddy Zach is being a little too secretive.

It was made out of a paper mache mixture, and it required several coats to achieve this effect.

I think the total cost to make this stone was under $70, but I could be wrong on that.

brad
07-26-2009, 06:43 PM
And thanks for the commments everybody!!

It keeps us going and wanting to push to make it even better than originally planned!!!

I hope this photo set is helping soome people that want to build their own someday.

danglin
07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Brad,
Seeing your pictures is helping me tremendously! Keep the pictures coming, and tell your crew great job!

shawnc
07-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Hopefully it will look a lot better whenever it is finished in a few days. Although we are being very open about this build, we can not show you ALL of our secrets ;)

Now all I have to do is order 160 more sheets of osb, and get it all painted :) It is all braced up and secured, construction is 80% finished!

It's a lot easier to paint everything when the wood is laying flat on the ground than when it's standing up vertically. Just something to think about.

Nightgore
07-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Quick with a sprayer too! ;) -Tyler

zachary
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
It's a lot easier to paint everything when the wood is laying flat on the ground than when it's standing up vertically. Just something to think about.

We already unfortunately noticed that! :mad:

UnDeRTaKer313
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
lol join the club brother!
we set our entire haunt up off site just to paint the walls.
yeah terrible move, sucked so much to paint and to put up twice.
only advantage is its nice to see how its going to look.

brad
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
lol join the club brother!
we set our entire haunt up off site just to paint the walls.
yeah terrible move, sucked so much to paint and to put up twice.
only advantage is its nice to see how its going to look.

Yeah, true that.

We originally had 100 or so sheets to paint on the floor, and then just with the pace we were going at the time, we put the rest up without painting them.

We wanted to get all of the hard work (plywood and framing) done first, so we could work on easy stuff from there on out.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-27-2009, 07:05 PM
yeah, we got like another 200 panels to paint and build in 5 days.
so definetly going to paint them on the ground... and eh maybe get a sprayer

brad
07-27-2009, 07:19 PM
Man, we tried using a sprayer but it didnt work at all.

We had to add water to the paint so it would spray thru the nozzle. We kept adding more and more water to it, that by the time we got it to spray thru the nozzle, it was more water than paint.

So we just said screw it, took it back to Lowe's and used paint rollers from there on.

Nightgore
07-27-2009, 07:36 PM
What kind of paint where you using and what sprayer? We have two and don't have any problems at all! -Tyler

zachary
07-27-2009, 07:38 PM
What kind of paint where you using and what sprayer? We have two and don't have any problems at all! -Tyler

I think the question should be, what sprayer and paint are you using?

Jordan24
07-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Same here with the sprayer, I got a Wagner model from Home Depot and I've having tons of trouble with it...

Took it to Home Depot and had them show me how to put it together, and they had trouble figuring it out. And now that it's all put together, no paint would spray. So we thinned the paint, still no luck.

Probably just going to take it back today...

icandrawem2
08-01-2009, 08:13 PM

Tyler are you guys using airless sprayers? Those seem to work the best for speedy painting. Its a costly purchase up front, but the time they save in the long haul really makes it worthwhile.

Jim Warfield
08-01-2009, 08:27 PM
My old Wagner sprayer was so noisey I should have plugged it in and used it for a startling sound defect. As a paint spraying device it was almost worthless no matter how thin the paint was especially when you add clean up time to the ordeal.
It used to belong to my Sister so maybe I got it because she wore it out?
It sure discouraged me from spending for one myself.
Arm exercise from pushing a paint brush is good !

UnDeRTaKer313
08-01-2009, 08:27 PM
we bought every model of wagner airless sprayer lowes had and they all sucked, except each one didnt work for a different reason.
also we couldnt even get the sprayer with air to work last year.

icandrawem2
08-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Wagner painters are completely worthless. The airless painters im referring to are stationary sprayers such as a Graco or Airlessco. They are anywhere from $400 on up, but an essential tool in any serious haunter's arsenal. The HVLP sprayers are great for small and detail work, and of course brushes and rollers have their place (and they are always reliable)

Nightgore
08-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Ours is a Graco and works perfectly, have not had ONE problem with it yet! -Tyler

zachary
08-01-2009, 09:48 PM
OK now that we have all bitched about power painters, today i decided to try it again! IT WAS AMAZING! we got the 99$ Wagner one, and it has a hose with it and the hose goes straight into the gallon or 5 gallon bucket of paint(so you do not have to refill all the damn time), we covered about 30 panels in an hour, just painted straight through! again, AMAZING! after mixing the 10 ounces of fire retardant into the paint, no water was needed to thin, just sprayed perfect from the git-go!

I will have more pictures of the build tomorrow, ordered the rest of the osb today(160 more sheets), our artist has made some good ground though.

An unexpected problem though has happened. Recently there has been a big boom and a lot of movies are being filmed in Shreveport. It is cheaper than LA and great scenes everywhere. Well they are now going to film a movie on the street we are on during the end of September and through October. They are shutting the whole street down apparently, shooting on weekends only, and 2-3 weeks to set up and tear down there facade in front of OUR building! WTF MATE! right? so we are hitting trouble there, not sure what to do, but just keeping you all updated!

Nightgore
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Here is our exact sprayer:

http://magnumlts.graco.com/products/M_Pages.nsf/Webpages/8Graco210LTS

We have two of them and they work great! Just keep them clean after each use and they'll be just fine! Looking forward to seeing your pics! -Tyler

zachary
08-02-2009, 10:02 AM
ok here we are with more build pictures!
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4636.jpg?t=1249224798
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4637.jpg?t=1249224834
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4638.jpg?t=1249224859
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4639.jpg?t=1249224871

zachary
08-02-2009, 10:03 AM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4640.jpg?t=1249224896
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4641.jpg?t=1249224911
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4642.jpg?t=1249224939
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4643.jpg?t=1249224976

zachary
08-02-2009, 11:40 AM
my attempt at brick making
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4645.jpg?t=1249231081
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4646.jpg?t=1249231106
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/IMG_4648.jpg?t=1249231120

zachary
08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
It feels SO good to say this, the last installment of OSB is here! http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/8fc0969c.jpg?t=1249507533

Front Yard Fright
08-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Very awesome!
Thanks again for posting the progress pics, I love following your progress!
Keep it up!

Also, what did you use to make your brick on your foam? I'll have to look for it, but I saw a really cool way to make brick using pink foamboard and a sand blaster...
Something to think about!

zachary
08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
foam and a heat gun, it is still a learning process though, the good thing is the foam can be stacked really easily and will be seamless after melting, just put a polyurathane on it and its rock hard!
here are a few more pictures of recent progress of the artwork, she is no where near done yet but it is starting to come together- there are also two more big walls in this room that she has not even started on yet

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/4.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/3.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/2.jpg
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/1.jpg

zachary
08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/czachary0603/Haunted%20House/62930753.jpg

brad
08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Finally, a new update!!!! Feels like forever since we've updated this.

Our website is finally finished. Go to www.ultimatefear.net and check it out!!

We hired Redcrow design to build it, and I'm satisfied with it.

Also, we are finished with all of our major construction, and we are working on our set design now. We have about half of our rooms completly finished, and we should be finished with everything by Sunday Sept. 13.

Our first night of business will be Sat. Sept. 18, for our press-only media night. We are expecting a lot of media outlets to attend that night, and we will be providing interviews and behind-the-scenes tours.

If anyone on here would like to come by on that night, feel free to!!! It's a free show that night, and anyone here is welcome to stop in and come see the show!!

After that, our opening night will be Oct. 2nd, and we will be open for a total of 18 nights thru the season.

I will post a few pics of our set design sometime really soon!!!!

ThECRaZyLadY
09-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Lookin good!!! I really like the intro to your web site!!
Good luck this season
Christina Allen
FearFest
Columbia Mo

zachary
09-01-2009, 10:08 PM
more updated pictures coming this weekend, i like the clown part of the website on main page..

brad
09-18-2009, 12:57 PM
Just a quick update for everybody:

We have hired all of our actors, and we had a practice session last weekend that went great for us and the actors.

Tonite we are holding a press-only media night and we are expecting about 200 attendees from many different radio stations.

The highest rated TV news station in the area will be here filming for their morning news program.

Also, the Shreveport Times newspaper is planning on featuring us on the front page of the paper, with the 2 page article.

I've been wanting to post pics on here of our set design, but my camera broke and I still havent bought another one yet. Hopefully soon I can get photos posted.

brad
09-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Our media night went great last night!! We had a good turn out. I was expecting a few more than what showed up, but thats ok.

We had very good reviews from some of the radio dj's, and the newspaper loved every bit of the show!!!

I'm expecting there will be a very detailed write-up about us in the newspaper.

Now I finally get a day off!!!!

brad
09-30-2009, 12:41 PM
We have a few photos of set design done by a pro photographer now. I will show a few:

brad
09-30-2009, 12:45 PM
I hope you guys like this stuff.

terrormasue
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
WOW Brad, great pics!! Can't wait to see it all in action on Friday!!

Spoils
10-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey Brad,
Things are looking great!!! We will see you tonight! Wish we could stay longer to hang out, but we got to get back to Dallas. Can not wait!!!

zachary
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey Brad,
Things are looking great!!! We will see you tonight! Wish we could stay longer to hang out, but we got to get back to Dallas. Can not wait!!!

I hope you enjoyed the show man! Great of you to come out all that way!

Nightmare_Trance
10-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Guys the pictures look great! Hope you have a really good season. Enjoy!

Spoils
10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Great job guys!!! We enjoyed the show and tour.. Thanks for having us out!!! Keep up the good work...

brad
10-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Bart, thanks for coming to see the place. Im glad yall liked it, and i'll see you guys soon.