PDA

View Full Version : 2010 haunt update

shredman
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Well as a lot of you know, this will be our second year not opening, and we are sad about that.

We began planning for our 2010 haunt today and things are ALREADY coming together for it, and we think that this will be the year for us to finally open to the public again!

Today we thought of several ideas,

1st off, we have found the location we would like to be using, it would be perfect for us, although it is huge and would take forever to fill up, we are going to be starting this early, and will definately have it finished by October of 2010.
The building is 6000 square feet, and also has nearly three acres of open land for us to use, so we hope we can have a corn maze or something, and where it is, we think we might just be able to if we get this building, we are VERY hopeful that we get this building.

2nd, We made a floor plan of what the attraction will look like if we get this location, and it looks pretty awesome!

Starting this early, we can make sure that we do not hold off until it is too late.

Your opinions would be appreciated.

-Zack Cooper
www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com

brad
06-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Congrats man!!!!

Just keep following your dreams of doing this and never give up. Never let anything push you down.

You're probably gonna have some pitfalls between now and October 2010, but keep your head held high!

shredman
06-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks, A lot! :)
Yeah, we operated for the first time in 2003, and did all the way through 2007, but had to take a break in 2008 and now this year, glad to be back and operating next year! And glad another attraction is in shreveport!

-Zack Cooper
www.shreddershalloweenscreampark.com

shredman
07-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Alright guys I have more news!

We are pretty likely to get the building we want. If we get the building, we will be in it by January, and will begin constructing wall panels and such.

Over the past 10 days, we have basically just been planning the haunt and working on the layout. We will begin searching for 2010 sponsors in October.

Thats basically all so far

txaschainsaw
07-07-2009, 03:08 AM
Zach,

sounds like youve got things goin for you.

Sanitarium is also doing the same thing, we started planning December of 2008, but will not open until 2010.

Weve already began prop construction, bought a bunch of new lighting, and are currently planning new, stronger wall panels to aquire more of a beating.

2007 we got around 2,000 in attendance, and were expecting around the same in 2008, but 2008 we ended up getting close to 5,000.

Being a home haunt, that is a huge number for us.

We started out decorating our porch and whatnot, and eventually got too many props, and too many people wanting to scare.

so we built out first haunt in 2007.

2010 we will nearly double the size. It will be almost 4,000 square feet.

we will be doing TONS more advertising, as weve got plenty of time to save up for a bigger budget.

were hoping to get an excess of 8,000 people in 2010, thats why we are planning out the haunt and making it alot stronger, so it will become safe enough to handle that many people if not more.

2011 will be my senior year, and i will hopefully be taking this thing pro then.

best of luck Zach!

Austin White
Sanitarium Haunted House

shredman
07-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Sounds awesome man. Good luck! Yeah, well unfortunately we are discussing possible 2010 being our last year

brad
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Shredman, why is 2010 gonna be your last year?

shredman
07-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, it may not, but it may be, There's a lot of things going on in my family, and its putting a ton of stress on me, also, it ultimately depends on one thing, we are extremely low on funds and money right now, and if we don't make a certain amount, we just can't.

shredman
07-08-2009, 10:38 AM
More news, well today we will be sending out about ten sponsorship letters, to which some companies have already accepted,

we are also making layout plans on some of the rooms we plan on using, no matter if we get the building or not.

all for now, lots coming later

tchaunt
07-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I wish you the best of luck! I hope I can get a team who is so willing to work on the haunt.

shredman
07-08-2009, 01:14 PM
wait what?

Ok we sent 11 sponsorship letters today, and hopefully they will accept.

shredman
07-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Ok some news

One final name change. Due to serious complications with another haunt, we will now be known as Insanity Haunted House, we will not be changing names again I promise haha.

Also, we have been sending out sponsorship letters left and right yesterday and today, so far, we have sent 11, and mode around 30, we will be sending about 6 tomorrow.

In Mid to Late August we will begin getting serious about planning, and will start working on a brand new, and freakin awesome website.

shredman
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
Ok I promised, but lets forget i did, I have to change the name one final time, theres just so many good names that are taken. As of now, i have not decided what our name will be.

shredman
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
as of now i still havent decided, but i am thinking either

Nightmares house of fear (thanks nightgore)
or
Havoc house
or maybe
Fear Inn Haunted hotel

shredman
07-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Today Im thinking Nightmares house of fear
or
Fear Inn Haunted Hotel

shredman
07-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok more news, things are looking great for the 2010 season.

First, we have decided to have two attractions instead of one, This is due to a number of reasons but the main one is we have two different ideas we really like to use.

Info: The 2 haunts will be in a 6,000 square feet building, but one of the attractions has an add on freestanding portion of it, and the other has a huge graveyard and outdoor maze.

Haunt 1: will be about 5,000 square feet and will be all different scares.
Haunt 2: Will be about 7,000 square feet and will be a Haunted Hotel.

More info soon

AW
07-11-2009, 03:56 AM
How old are you - 12- your post are like driving by a freakin car wreck -you don' t want to look but you have to - you building a 15 foot haunt would be a miracle much less a 5000 foot haunt - didn't last year it take you a week to put up two shitty walls on a walking trail -and when people tried to give you some advice you said someting along the lines of you have a pipeline to a "professioal builder" and the very next post was "the rain washed my walls away I give up for this year" We had the same thing happen to us several years ago except instead of two walls and rain it was the whole hayride - and a hurricane 2 nights before opening spread 90 percent of the hayride over 15 acres of trail- we worked around the clock soaking wet and covered in mud most of the time and opened one day late -we didn't do anything amazing we just did what we had to do to make things work we didn't quit- you are like -this is my last year -well maybe next year is my last year well maybe next year is not my last year - nobody gives a shit except the other 12 year olds on here -but if you hang in there and get the job done good luck - I just don't see it happening
Aven

UnDeRTaKer313
07-11-2009, 07:49 AM
zack you need to open a haunt this year.
stop thinking your gonna open 2 haunted house at 5,000 and 7,000 square feet your first year when your the age that you are.
I support you all the way, but i cant keep seeing you fail.
PLease dont take this as an insult, i respect your ambition too much to sit back and let you do this.
Lets make it happen this year!

FIRST- you will not get any or many sponsors in this economic time. I talked to every lumber yard, every business, every thing. What i learned is that all the companies are either about to go bankrupt, or they are on corporate lockdown and corporate wont let them make any donations or sponsorships. plus even if a company is doing sponsorships, they are doing none to first year events, even if the economic times were good.
So stop sending out sponsorship letters left and right (JUST FOR NOW)

SECOND - dont pay for a building! You need to call up some local charities and find one that you really admire and that is well known. Then you can realize that your doing this haunt for someone other than your self and that you need to get something done this year. Then sit down with any body you know that can contribute money, let it be family, friends, anythings. Tell them that you are running a haunted house for a charity and express that you need money to get going. from there look around at buildings, and find one of any size, dosent matter, the bigger the better. Call the owner up - DO NOT CALL THE REALITY COMPANY! - then ask them if they have no prospective tennates, would they be willing to donate the building for just a short time to run a charity event! Without breaking a sweat we got a 6,000 square foot warehouse and a 40,000 square foot building this way!

THIRD - find out how much money you got to work with. Now go back to all the lumber yards in the area and follow up with them about the sponsorship. Tell them that this time you are not looking for a cash or supplies donation you are looking for a discount, and that you are doing the haunt for a charity now. So now say that you have $5000 to start, this now means that you can buy like $7000 in lumber from these places with all the discounts your bound to get.

Now just design a smaller, MORE CREATIVE AND CHEAPER HAUNT and start building and painting!
You need to get away from the mind set that your in right now- and go out there and start building, cause idc if you have the money, you cant physically build a 5,000 and 7,000 square foot haunt over your summer break, im not bashing you, im just explaining that with the experience and time that you have, its just not physicaly possible. i wish I could build 2 haunts that size over my summer break, but i can not! and i have a team of 6 people every day. We could build 50,000 wall panels. But do you actually know how long it takes to paint one? and how long it takes to build props for the whole thing- its crazy, and your in over your head.

My advice is mearly a guidline. Dont come back at me in a negative way.
Im trying to help. Because you have so much passion, but you need to wake and see everything realistically.

shredman
07-11-2009, 10:19 AM
but now that i read your post i see where your getting at, but if you would have actually read my posts, it says 2010 HAUNT UPDATE

which means not this year, next year

but now youve made me wish i hadent delayed it

Nightmare_Trance
07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Nick that is some great creative advice. It should really help Zack out as long as he takes some of it in.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Thank you, i hope he does.
Hes got so much ambition.

shredman
07-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Nick if I do one this year then i couldnt make it much at all i am on a really tight budget and am extremely low on time.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-11-2009, 02:43 PM
i think you need to do what you can, so you can tell how difficult it would be to actually build something the size you are talking about.
And i dont see why your budget would be much bigger a few months from now.

shredman
07-11-2009, 03:55 PM
maybe because theres other ways to make money...

Im about to get a ton...

UnDeRTaKer313
07-11-2009, 06:00 PM
whatever you would like to do.

freak 'n' stein
07-11-2009, 06:55 PM
Allzzz I have to say is "the proof is in the pudding". I personally CAN'T WAIT to see whatever you are able to throw together this season. Or next. Or next. WHENEVER. Do you have a site yet for your new attraction?

BarbieHaunt
07-11-2009, 07:01 PM
maybe because theres other ways to make money...

Im about to get a ton...

How are you about to get a ton of money? If it's legal, please let us in on it, so that we can make a separate ton for ourselves, unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/icons/icon12.gif We could all use the extra money in this economy.

freak 'n' stein
07-11-2009, 09:37 PM
...unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/icons/icon12.gif We could all use the extra money in this economy.

aahahahahahah!! God, I needed that one.

shredman
07-11-2009, 11:10 PM
selling houses

dshaunt
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
how do you sell them when nobody can buy right now?

brad
07-12-2009, 12:19 AM
selling houses

So really... how old are you?

And just an FYI, you're not gonna sell any houses right now. People dont have money to buy anything like that.

BarbieHaunt
07-12-2009, 01:14 AM
...unless it has something to do with selling energy drinks through facebook. http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/icons/icon12.gif We could all use the extra money in this economy.

aahahahahahah!! God, I needed that one.

Sometimes I wonder if anybody bothers to read my posts. It's good to know somebody's paying attention. Thanks!

shredman
07-12-2009, 10:24 AM
Actually, the market is picking back up thank you very much, and how old I am is my business and not to be posted on some forum.

But a lot older than yall seem to think, seriously guys, back off

BarbieHaunt
07-12-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm not making fun of you. I think almost everyone here seriously wishes you success when you decide to build your haunt. You can actually read that in almost every single response, beginning with the first one in this thread. Everyone is trying to be supportive. They just find it hard to believe that we can make money selling houses in this economy, when most people can't afford to buy houses now.

My reference to selling the energy drinks on facebook was joking about another thread in which another member is trying to get everyone here to join a pyramid (actually ponzi) scheme, but it appears he's not having much luck here based on the posted responses I've seen. It was not about you. I really wanted to know how to make money in this economy. I apologize if that was misunderstood.

Twin Locusts
07-12-2009, 12:09 PM
For the record brokers or sales agents of any item can and will always make money regardless of the market. Payment is typically made on gross sales price, not profit or loss.

Granted, any person that sells anything right now is likely selling less, and at a lower price, but money is being made.

I'm not a realtor but have been in or around business all my life. I don't use realtors because I have the time and wherewithall to do it myself. I've sold three homes in my life and have never paid a buyers or sellers agent a dime. Realtors are, generally, ruthless people oudone only by money sellers in America.

Also, the market is not dead. Certain price levels are moving well. For example, the truly rich, who don't have to leverage real estate are paying cash for vacation homes at .60 cents on the dollar. Homes below 200k are also moving quite well.

Interest rates are low so others are still buying traditional homes at lower prices, in some markets only slightly lower.

I live just outside Nashville TN. Home prices in Nashville are down around 8% on average, in my zip code only 2.3% is being lost on market value. On my steet the lowest priced home is 480K, the highest 600+, last month we had seven homes for sale out of around 50 homes. All but two have sold.

By the way, Barbi's right, chill out, people are trying to be supportive here, and even if they ride you a little, roll with it and move on.

shawnc
07-12-2009, 04:23 PM
I think the problems started back on page 2. Thoughts are called that because you think them. We all have lots of interesting thoughts every day. Most don't amount to anything but some develop into something.

The problem with posting every thought and action every step of the way is that it becomes hard to follow what you are actually or finally doing. One helpful hint is to delete a previous post if it is totally the opposite of what you are doing now. If you look at the bottom of every one of your own posts there are buttons to Edit and Delete the post.

Hope all goes well for you this year or next.

brad
07-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Actually, the market is picking back up thank you very much, and how old I am is my business and not to be posted on some forum.

But a lot older than yall seem to think, seriously guys, back off

Hey man, don't get affended by these posts. I read a post somewhere, I think it was from Nick, and it sounded to me like you were fairly young, possibly his age. I was just curious, that's all.

And again, it was just an FYI, that's all. I was trying to help you out. Maybe I didnt want you to get your hopes up, and think you were gonna sell several houses in a few months time.