PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from actors/makeup artist

spookhaven
06-28-2009, 07:14 AM
Can someone tell me the different in balding caps? I need to order some and I understand there are some applied with latex and some with alcohol. So my questions are:

1. Which are easier to use?
2. Can they be re-used?
3. Where are you purchasing them from (better quality)?

I am doing a scene that requires two actors to wear them so we can pull off their wigs and see brains. So I have to make a piece for their heads like they are being scalped.

Allen H
06-28-2009, 09:43 AM
go to theeffectslab.com check out their lab forum and do a search for your topic. I wolud look into watermelon caps, they are awesome. the edges melt with alcohol.
Allen H

spookhaven
06-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Thanks Allen. Appreciate your input. I want to use the best comfort for the actor/actress and easy for us.

OdetteDespairr
06-29-2009, 12:03 PM
How long are you looking to spend getting your actors ready for the evening?

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio
Haunt Hottie

Allen H
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
A multi use silicone "bald cap" could be made using the brows to help hide the edge, is that your plan?
Allen H

spookhaven
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
OD: The faster and easiest for them the better. They are going to have a wig that comes off for the scalping scene so I am going to have to make a headpiece for them to look like we cut the top of their head off.

I checked the watermelon caps out Allen said about and I should have picked them up at MHC but didn't. I am going to try a few of them but still looking for suggestions.

michaeldavy
07-27-2009, 06:20 AM
I am currently holding a bald cap sale
Water-Melon Bald Caps reg $23.00 now 1 for $20 or 2 for $30 ($15.00 ea)

Also I am offering my Standard Acetone soluble plastic cap.
Professional PLASTIC bald caps.
Acetone Soluble
reg $23.00
now $10.00
At this price you would ORDINARILY need to buy 100+ to get this discount.
This offer is for a limited Time Only.
No minimums - waiving our retail minimum but shipping applies (until Scotty gets my transporter working).
STOCK UP NOW
http://www.michaeldavy.com/products/LLN%20PLASTIC%20CAP%20ACET%20SMALL.jpg

www.michaeldavy.com