PDA

View Full Version : Creepyworld Being Renovated 2010

drfrightner
07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Here is what we are up to at Creepyworld for 2010. We have totally renovated our trailer haunted house. We are trying to make our trailer haunted house like a mini DARKNESS! The new trailer haunted house will have some really awesome detail right now we have all the scenes roughed in and we are waiting on some latex props to finish it off.

We have gone through a trailer haunt soup to nuts and now honestly I can say its looking pretty awesome. The interior of our trailer haunt is also getting a massive overhaul.

We have dumped the graveyard that was in the interior and now there is a GIANT green house and a barn/tool shed garage kind of thing inside. The green house will be very much like the one at Darkness only 4 times bigger. The tool shed barn area has a real truck inside and is like a maze with like 4 scenes inside. So now the walking space of the trailer haunt has doubled. It will look very cool!

We also had a corn maze and we dumped that in favor of building a BIGGER graveyard out in back of the mansion (trailer haunt) so now this will be a 18,000 square foot graveyard but we've done some pretty cool stuff... first we dug out a swamp and built a bridge over it. In the middle of the swamp is a swamp house flooting over the water the bridge will take you to the swamp house then its back to the bridge and into a gothic castle that sits in the middle of the graveyard.

Tombstone hayride is actually almost set up and we're adding a fort where zombie indians will battle zombie calvery. Will upload more pics of that later.

We will also upgrade Silox. However most of the time is being spent on our mansion and this new gothic area out back. I will upload more photos as we get further along.

Larry

drfrightner
07-04-2009, 11:15 AM
Unfinished outdoor greenhouse will be finished next week. At Creepyworld we never put out any of the cool latex props until September so you won't see any finished photos until we get a lot closer to September.

When we open Creepyworld for Transworld it will be more of a behind the scenes tour. We will set up as much of it as we can. The trailer haunt should be totally set up and we should be able to get most of the hayride set up. I will keep uploading photos.

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
07-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Those first pics are inside a trailer haunt? Sweet!

Banshee
07-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Looking good there! :cool:

drfrightner
07-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes those first four pics are all from inside a truck trailer. I can tell you once you get inside you won't feel like you are inside a truck trailer. It will be very very detailed.

I think the biggest aspect of our Creepyworld tour for Transworld 2010 will be to show you how to do a trailer haunted house RIGHT! I know it sounds like a joke to make a haunted house out of truck trailers but it can be done first class and believe it or not you can it feel like it not truck trailers.

Larry

shawnc
07-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Larry

I remember a couple of years ago about how and why you were doing a trailer haunt but can't recall now. Why do you still have it with all of the new construction you've done lately? it's not that big.

Shawn

drfrightner
07-05-2009, 10:16 AM
When you walk through the trailer haunt it actually seems bigger than it really is... if you come down to St. Louis I'd be happy to show you around.

Its actually pretty big... 2,160 feet inside the trailers and 3,600 square feet footprint in the middle of the trailers where the greenhouse is built.

All total the experience is 5,760 square feet. I'd say that is pretty big.

Wouldnt you?

That is just one attraction but the reason we have it is because you can build something really cool and leave it up. You can move it, you can set it up anywhere.

Larry

mindtumor
07-05-2009, 10:19 AM
I have been through them, it is pretty neat knowing that they are trailors when you are in them. Why dump the corn maze?

drfrightner
07-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Corn Maze... LOL

First year deer ruined it because they wanted to eat the corn. The second year the area flooded and wiped out the corn. You have to water the thing constantly lots of upkeep. But the best reason was because we needed to add something NEW and different and this was the only area we could do that. That is pretty much the best reason.

Larry

elowther
07-05-2009, 10:11 PM
It's looking good. It will be great to see them up close and how a good trailer haunt is done. You're right, corn mazes can be tricky to grow. I'm lucky I have a seasoned farmer plant the corn in a good spot and it comes out awesome.

Eric

UnDeRTaKer313
07-06-2009, 06:23 PM
how many square feet is each trailer?
and how strict are the fire and building codes?

Nightmare_Trance
07-06-2009, 08:37 PM
I just got back from being deployed in Afghanistan. That is what they are using for most of the new buildings and housing. They can stack them up 3 or 4 high and join them together with other units. Inside there is actually a lot of space.

The pictures look great Larry. Can't wait for this season!!

HauntPhReAk
07-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Already looking great!

drfrightner
07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Right now we are putting the finishing touches on the trailer haunted house and I can tell you it does NOT look like a trailer haunted house at all. These pics are with a flash so no they won't look great. Additionally these are pictures without PROPS... like the one mansion room will have all these ravens eating people. Neither the Ravens nor the bodies are in the rooms so right now its just the room.

When you walk in this place you will NOT think you are inside truck trailers. We have been working on this trailer haunted house now for over a month and its awesome!

The trailer haunts consists of six trailers two scenes per trailer ...

Trailer One: Lobby, Funeral
Trailer Two: Study, Bedroom
Trailer Three: Kitchen, Freezer

Then it goes outside into the center of the trailers: MASSIVE GREEN HOUSE and a BARN.

Trailer Four: Boiler Room, Bathroom
Trailer Five: Wine Celler, Living Room
Trailer Six: Seance, Exit

More to come.

Larry

drfrightner
07-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Again those pics are NOT finished rooms with lighting or props... just finished build out rooms. The final touches will come later when we dig out all the latex props and or when all of our new latex props show up.

Lastly, here are some overhead shots of he center of the attraction... again NOT DONE but coming along. The center of this trailer haunt is DECKED OUT with all sorts of cool stuff by next week this time it will be done then I will get some better photos.

Larry

mindtumor
07-17-2009, 06:00 AM
I have seen these and you can't tell they are trailers when you are inside. Plus the facade on the outside doesn't allow you to see that they are trailers.

Glad to hear you are changing the outside area in the middle though. I like the greenhouse idea better.

graystone
07-17-2009, 07:01 AM
You this before Larry. I have always liked the name and look of CreepyWorld! Looks really good! Shane and its great old house look! Shane this time.

shawnc
07-17-2009, 05:22 PM
How about some pics of the facade? Those would be especially helpful if it isn't done yet so we can see how it's done.

drfrightner
07-17-2009, 10:27 PM
I will take some pictures of the facade and share next week... and some photos of the new stuff we are doing. Larry

poison
07-18-2009, 12:46 AM
GOOD STUFF!
Looking forward to more pics and updates!

badlander2000
07-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Raven's Manor or whatever it's called is an absolutely incredible example of trailer haunts along with Verdun Manor and the Vegas one (sorry Rich). Yeah as for the percieved size, it is true that they seem larger when you walk through them, I know from Eerie Productions'(Fright World) Eerie Scaregrounds The Haunted House and Horror Movie Museum at the Erie County Fair which seems huge when you're in it.

ps. Hey Larry, did you find any influence in naming this house from Dark Raven Manor?

WickedWillow
07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Everything is looking amazing so far! I cannot wait to see more. Thanks!

lurker
07-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey!!! Somebody put the cap back on that Gorilla Glue! Larry isn't made out of money! http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2529&d=1247813199

drfrightner
07-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Here are more photos of the new Creepyworld. Its coming along!

Lots more work to go! Larry

mindtumor
07-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Is that bridge going to lead into some sort of building?

drfrightner
07-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes there is a building there... you will end that which takes you back onto th bridge and then into a castle. There will be water cannons going off all over the place it should be fun.

We wil do a Creepyworld tour next Transworld just NOT with actors.

Larry

mindtumor
07-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, sounds like you are completely redoing most of the park. Do you think the kids would get too scared?

Horror Master
07-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Here are more photos of the new Creepyworld. Its coming along!

Lots more work to go! Larry

Larry,

What are you guys using for the greenhouse "windows"? Looks great!

Thanks

drfrightner
08-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Here are more pictures from Creepyworld. I'm going there tody and will take more. I keep getting asked about doing a tour here and we're going to try and do something but it will be hard to put it back together again like it would be in the normal Halloween time.

Once we get this thing done we'll shoot some video and upload it to youtube and take more photos. The castle itself is done and painted, and the inside is filled with vac form and its painted as well.

We are going to start pouring concrete next week and filling the swamp up with water. To avoid any fire code stuff we're simply doing the tops with camo nets not tarps or tent tops. All the new attractions will be open air.

Larry

drfrightner
08-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Some bad azz new artwork from BS for my haunts...

Mad Wax Sculptor
08-11-2009, 01:09 AM
Hey Larry hats off to you and the crew that looks awsome!!

freak 'n' stein
08-11-2009, 01:40 AM
Awesome Larry! The water cannon idea reminds me of a Disney style attraction. "Pirates" or something.

damon carson
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Creepy World looks like its shaping up nicely. Im glad your bringing Dominion of the Vampire back. I remember it from the old Scream World. I thought that was pretty cool back then. Where did you get all your vacuform for your castle? That looks pretty neat! Im glad you dropped the corn maze, you needed something better in there. I thought your calendar said you opened Sept 11th now its like the 18th? My sons birthday falls on that weekend. I thought about bringing him up for that but now your opening a week later. That sucks!
Damon

mindtumor
08-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Do kids come through this? How old do suggest?

freak 'n' stein
08-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Creepy World looks like its shaping up nicely. Im glad your bringing Dominion of the Vampire back. I remember it from the old Scream World. I thought that was pretty cool back then. Where did you get all your vacuform for your castle? That looks pretty neat! Im glad you dropped the corn maze, you needed something better in there. I thought your calendar said you opened Sept 11th now its like the 18th? My sons birthday falls on that weekend. I thought about bringing him up for that but now your opening a week later. That sucks!
Damon

I asked the same question then answered my own question. haha

>>> http://nethercraft.com/panelstone.html

twohlgemuth
08-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Larry,

The sets your crew is building are freaking awesome! I love working outdoors because we are not limited to building the sets small. The bigger the sets the more it impresses the customer. It sets us apart from the indoor style haunts where you feel your in a rat maze that keeps switching back and forth. With the outdoor sets you can get a look at what the sets really are instead of being rushed through hallways.

Hats off to your crew, very inspiring!

damon carson
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Well I was thinking Nethercraft but wasnt quite sure. Didnt want to make out like I know it all. LOL! Although maybe I know quite a bit but anyway. Ya kids of all ages go through. My little boy will be 3 next month. My other boy is almost 5. They love haunted houses! I took my youngest boy Brenan through right after his 1st birthday. I had him strapped to me in one of those baby cradle things. I figured that would be the easiest way to take him through without him getting hurt. He was fine! We went through the Darkness first and then we did CreepyWorld. Some woman asked me on the hayride there why I was torturing my son. I said he isnt crying he is really enjoying all of this. And he was he breezed through the Darkness and Creepy World no problem. Chainsaws and all! Thats my boy!!! :) We didnt ask them to cut out any scares or anything. It was a blast! Larry with the addition of Dominion of the Vampire how much more time does this add to going through Creepy World. It will be much longer than the cornmaze Im sure.
Damon

drfrightner
08-13-2009, 09:23 PM
here are more... what do you think????

drfrightner
08-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Here are more!

Larry

drfrightner
08-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Here are a couple more.

Larry

shawnc
08-13-2009, 09:58 PM
I like that fence on the bridge. Is it hard work making something look so sloppy?

freak 'n' stein
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
here are more... what do you think????

Definitely something to look towards for inspiration!! How are you containing the swamp area for water?

BarbieHaunt
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Wow! I am very impressed! And you accomplished all of this even while being robbed and dealing with everything else you've been dealing with. Quite an accomplishment!

drfrightner
08-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Glad you guys liked the pictures I uploaded on page four of this thread... I will upload more very soon! Next week we'll have 10 guys working on Creepyworld every single day! Things will really start to get accomplished then!!!!!!! Anyway... last night I uploaded about 50 photos of Creepyworld to Scarefest.com check them out.

Here they are....

http://scarefest.com/haunted_house_photos/index.php?cat=3

When you go there click on CREEPYWORLD 2009

Thanks

FablesStudios
08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Nice Pics! Cant wait to see it done with vids. Hope you have a great season!

Peter T
FS

damon carson
08-14-2009, 01:20 PM
The castle facade looks nice. Green house is a little too green. I would dead up the plants. Not crazy about the fencing leading up to the castle. Rod Iron would look better. Sorry just a little creative critcism. Dont take it wrong. Yikes people have been touchy on the board lately. Stressful time of year I guess? Im looking forward to coming to Creepy World this year. Everyone I brought with me last year enjoyed it more than the Darkness last year. I prefer this type of event over an indoor haunted house as well. More variety. But you give enough to make it worth the admission. Still love the Darkness as well.
Damon

drfrightner
08-14-2009, 01:26 PM
I love rott iron the problem is its hard to find and very expensive. We are putting up tons more all over out there just haven't put it up yet. Its not done yet ...

Lastly, the flowers are going to be aged alot... waiting to put all the props in first. That is the greenhouse without any props.

Larry

graystone
08-14-2009, 01:45 PM
I could not help but notice the missiles and they look like they may be aimed in a direction and intended for someone thats not exactly on the top of your list. Would you give us a idea of which way they will be launched and who they are intended for? Shane and its OMG too funny! Shane this time.

Darkangel
08-14-2009, 01:58 PM
Definitely some cool pics, awesome detail!!!

DARKANGEL

shawnc
08-14-2009, 02:20 PM
I could not help but notice the missiles and they look like they may be aimed in a direction and intended for someone thats not exactly on the top of your list. Would you give us a idea of which way they will be launched and who they are intended for? Shane and its OMG too funny! Shane this time.

Those things are on wheels, so they can be pointed in any direction. I think it's a warning to keep people in line on here. And for those who complain about the tour next year, I'm sure they can be lowered too. :twisted:

SomeThingInTheIce
08-14-2009, 04:49 PM
BREAKING NEWS..... GrayStone Manor is installing a missile defense system.

Raycliff Manor
08-16-2009, 10:11 AM
As always Larry... AMAZING and INSPIRATIONAL! I just can't figure out how you get so much done so fast! You have an awesome crew my friend!

Kel

shawnc
08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Rod, rott iron?

Guys, it WROUGHT iron....LOL

Darkangel

After you leave it outside for a while it becomes rott-en iron, especially if it rains a lot. :)

drfrightner
08-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I can't believe we get anything done at all because we are constantly running around building attractions for other people. Our whole entire crew was gone last week installing attractions again up in Wisconsin and next week we're going to North Carolina for another week. Its rough!

Anyway I have uploaded TONS of photos to scarefest.com check them out...

http://scarefest.com/haunted_house_photos/

Tons of photos in several areas...

Larry

sixfootgeek
08-17-2009, 07:24 PM
So will Creepyworld stay up all year now? It looks like it's starting to become more permanent.

Scott

SomeThingInTheIce
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Starting to look.lol. I'm shocked he took it down last year.

So will Creepyworld stay up all year now? It looks like it's starting to become more permanent.

Scott

damon carson
08-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Far as what ive heard most of it stays up year round. You have Ravens Mansion which is a trailer haunt no big deal. It stays up. Just lock it up. The cornmaze props and animatronics were put up. Now its gone. Replaced w Dominion of the Vampire. Then Tombstone haunted hayride. Props and animations put away. The buildings and facades ect stay up. Then finally Silo X the maze ect stays up. Again Props and animations are stored and put away. I believe Jim Kelly told me this one night at the Darkness. Ball park figure I would say 60 to 70% stays up year around.
Damon

drfrightner
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Here are a few more photos...

The Mad Hatter
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Very very cool! I love seeing what you have been up to. You are very inspirational! Your haunt shows all the products the haunted house industry can offer. Very cool stuff!

Hmmmm..... Vampire's, werewolf's and castles........ Seems like an Underworld theme kind of. I am Digging it! I love that series for other reasons besides the really hot girl.

-Frank Balzer
FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com

shawnc
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow, you have a lot of props in that room. You should spread them around a little more. :-D

Hey, how come my Smilies don't work?

freak 'n' stein
08-28-2009, 11:03 AM
Wow, you have a lot of props in that room. You should spread them around a little more. :-D

Hey, how come my Smilies don't work?

because you can't make up an emoticon such as :-D it would be : D to get :D

drfrightner
09-03-2009, 01:28 AM
More photos of Creepyworld. We are building a MASSIVE vampire/werewolf attraction and let me tell you its simply awesome!

Most of these props you will see in these photos are NOT placed where the are going and or themed into their environments yet...

However they looked kinda cool sitting around where they where so I took some photos. All of the scenes are being worked on daily... Creepyworld is AWESOME this year beyond what I expected.

I've said it before but no one believes me... Creepyworld is better than the Darkness and this year I'm positive it is.

The Trailer haunt we have now is simply unreal, the new vampire attractions is a massive 15,000 square feet and its themed soup to nuts!

If you get the chance you'll have to come see this place! Its the ultimate screampark

Larry

drfrightner
09-03-2009, 01:37 AM
The graveyard is MASSIVE ands its finally all coming together. The Vampire Castle is really cool now and it will shoot flames up into the air with winged vampires flying over the top of the castle. There will also be a massive swamp filled with water and water cannons blasting water up into the air.

I think we've got something like hundred grande into this one attractions! Its a major investment but wanted to do it first class...

Once we get a little further I'll upload some more photos especially of TOMBSTONE which is looking pretty cool as well.

Larry

FablesStudios
09-03-2009, 08:00 AM
I will def need to take a drive to see this.. Looks Great!!

Peter T
FS

damon carson
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
And Larry says he didnt get anything at Transworld. LOL! He either got it before or after or both then. Cant wait to see it!
Damon

DarkTikiEntertainment
09-03-2009, 12:38 PM
This is awesome!

drfrightner
09-03-2009, 10:35 PM
No I didn't get anything at Transworld believe it or not. Didn't buy one thing from anyone. As you know I did buy a lot of things prior to the show for Darkness. I had some custom made werewolves and vampires made for Creeypworld but ordered those LONG after the show and not from any vendor who went to the show. Here are some more photos! Alot of this stuff is from years past just used in different ways. Larry

Darkangel
09-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Looks great! The plate and pole under the werewolves are a bit distracting but they look real cool!

Darkangel

Mad Wax Sculptor
09-04-2009, 09:09 AM
Larry you sure know how to give a guy haunt envy. It looks awsome

Mad Wax Sculptor
09-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey Larry
I forgot to ask earlier. Who did yall get the vacu formed castle walls from. Ive been looking for some and those look great.

Darkangel
09-04-2009, 09:17 AM
The ones in his pics are from Nethercraft.

damon carson
09-04-2009, 03:45 PM
I have to say its very impressive. The water and bridges and water canons and all sound like something at Disney. I really like the sound of what you have done with everything this year with Creepy World. And the pics are like wow! And for the props not to be exactly themed and where you want them is really unreal. You wouldnt know it if you hadnt told us. Nice work!!!
Damon

drfrightner
09-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Creepyworld will be ready to go within days...

I'm NOT JUST SAYING THIS BUT... Creepyworld is better than Darkness. Darkness doesn't hold a candle to Creepyworld NOW! Why? Because we nearly went bankrupt trying to get Darkness done for March. Typically we work 50/50 on Darkness and Creepyworld in the summer on top of installing attractions for clients.

Because Darkness was built prior to March we have spent 100% of our time on Creepyworld from May onto now... not including time to install attractions for other clients. This new Dominion of the Vampire attraction we've built must be like 3 months in the making and atleast 100k invested.

Its just awesome!

We have also spent a great deal of time on Tombstone, Silo-X and a TON and I mean a TON of time on the trailer haunted Ravens Mansion.

All I can tell you is Creepyworld is flying high!

Larry

drfrightner
09-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Creepyworld will also be featured on a third America Haunts show for Travel Channel. That should come out this October. Once we get full blown actors into place we should be able to shoot something ourselves and put some video out there.

By Wed we should be able to wrap up everything at Creepyworld.

Its really coming along let me tell you. This is by far the MOST work we've ever put into Creepyworld.

I hope we can open it on some level for Transworld to show you guys how to do a first class trailer haunt, outdoor haunts, and or in general a SCREAMPARK style event.

If you guys are in town come on over to Creepyworld.

Larry

drfrightner
09-12-2009, 02:48 AM
here are a few more... keep in mind these are photos with a FLASH. I will get some better photos once everything is ready.

Larry

graystone
09-12-2009, 07:38 AM
I told you last year I liked Creepy World better its looking good. Shane and its I really like it! Shane this time.

chuck weber
09-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Did you ever catch those theives who stole your props? Hadn't heard an update lately. Fill us in.... Hope the investigation is ongoing WITH FUTURE SUCCESS OF CATCHING WHOEVER STOLE FROM YOU.

drfrightner
09-16-2009, 02:26 AM
Here are a few more... Creepyworld opens this weekend. C'mon on down if you are in the area! I'm hoping it will be a good turnout but we'll see! Creepyworld is not perfect but its in pretty good shape... btw in case you didn't know you can CLICK ON THE PHOTOS and they will enlarge! Just FYI...

Larry

elowther
09-16-2009, 11:06 AM
It's looking awesome Larry. Tons of work! Does rain effect you much at Creepy World?
Good luck this weekend,
Eric

damon carson
09-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Great pics I love the werewolf in the cemetary and the lighting is great.
Damon

dusty588
09-18-2009, 02:03 AM
Hey Larry, the pics are amazing, and the first few pics from inside the trailers are awesome, I wouldn't have known the pics were takin in a trailer if i didn't know already. This is someting like I would like to do in the future, do a haunt in some trailers, and move them around to different towns. There are about 7 towns around with atleast 35,000 people per town, and a large city of qbout 800,000, so i think something like this could do pretty good, Just a quick question for you, if you could answer, would you be able to give an approximate cost that each trailer would cost to build, if you know off the top of your head.

Again, great job, and if I am ever in the area, I will be sure to check out the haunt.

Dustyn
________
QR50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_QR50)

drfrightner
09-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Here are more. We open tonight.

Travel Channel comes on Saturday night to film for a new TV show.

Thanks
Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
09-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Damn larry, you and your crew just keep amazing me.

Scareside
09-19-2009, 08:15 PM
That new plant room is insane. Amazing, keep up the good work.

damon carson
09-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Really great pics and lighting again Larry. Cant wait to see it in person! Damon

Nightmare_Trance
10-07-2009, 10:49 AM
Larry, what have the customers being saying about the new renovations?