PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Memorial Making Me Sick!

Jolly Pumpkin
07-07-2009, 12:19 PM
As I watch the Michael Jackson memorial all I can think is "What the hell is wrong with America?" I think Michael Jackson is one of the greatest artists of all time, but to treat him as if He is a religious figure is sinful. The simple truth is that He was accused of molesting children twice even though I don't believe it. But to have a choir sing We will see the king as if He is Christ is just wrong. Am I the only one who thinks this coverage is out of control and disrespectful to Michael and all the other news stories that are really affecting America? This whole thing just makes me sick. This really is making me appreciate Michael Jackson less and less. 70% of news coverage has been about Michael Jackson. What does that tell you?

IF YOUR 555
07-07-2009, 12:55 PM
The real heros of America are the men and women of our armed forces that are serving and the ones that gave the ultimate sacrafice. I try to keep up with current events and what is going abroad but its hard to do trying to dodge a Thriller video.

graystone
07-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Al Sharpton is on the biggest racist in America. Shane and its Mr. Dabbs to you Al! Shane this time.

craigsrobotics
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
it is pretty disturbing...America's priorities are all screwed up...:mad:

This has turned into a media frenzy to promote ratings, sales of memorabilia, etc...hell, just search eBay for Michael Jackson domain names, funeral tickets, etc...and you'll see what I mean....pathetic...

I haven't lost respect for MJ, but I have for the entertainers participating in that circus....

:rolleyes:

RobbeOne
07-07-2009, 01:44 PM
I think all of you are out of line. He was one of the biggest icons of all times. Give the guy some respect. He rightfully deserves it.

Jolly Pumpkin
07-07-2009, 01:57 PM
If He deserves this, then so do fallen soldiers. Bottom line is that He is probably the most talented and influential artist of my time, but the coverage of his death is just out of control.

poison
07-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I think MOST of the media is just plain awful in general why focus on MJ?
This type of stuff goes on ALL the time and the saddest part is that WE watch it.
WTF????
If you want to stop it DON'T WATCH IT!!!

Nightmare_Trance
07-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Noah I agree with you 10000%

RubberOne, you have to be kidding me!!! Can you name the seven soldiers who voluntered and lost their lives yesterday? You don't even see a scrolling segment on any of the channels about them. MJ is on every news channel as if he walked on water, fed the world, and created halloween?

Overblown by a long shot.

My 2 cents.

Fear Unfathomed
07-07-2009, 02:56 PM
I hate the media and always have. They are never neutral, never respectful, and always spin things a certain way to try to persuade the public. I am so sick of hearing about Michael Jackson. Has anyone else noticed that in about 3 weeks we had a total of 6 famous or well-known people die? Yes, ceremonies, mourning, etc are due for the death of an icon but this is uncalled for. And I agree with Neil - why on Earth are our soldiers being forced to take a back seat to THIS?
And I am appalled that they disrespected Christ in such a way.

Time move on to another topic.

RobbeOne
07-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Like I said he is an icon... he was universal among all nations. RECOGNIZE!!! Oh and by the way, Nightmare_Trance, it's RobbeOne... better recognize that as well.

Nightmare_Trance
07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
RobbeOne, you are correct I do have to recognize...

A two time accused child molester, 500 million dollar in debt singer passed away. Hope no one gets rich off of his death, but I doubt that will be true. Best wishes to his family and everyone across the globe that misses him.

drfrightner
07-07-2009, 03:32 PM
I can't believe people...

This guy as quoted is the #1 entertainer of all time in the book of world records as donating more money to charity than any entertainer of ALL TIME... how much have you given, how much of you time have you donated, how many children have you helped get medical care, how many hospitals have you visited how many orphanges have you brought thousands of dollars in presents too?

This guy gave everything he had to the world and people. He wrote and organized a song 'We are the World' to feed people in Africa... what more can the guy do?

He was a constant target from the media and from people who took or tried to take advantage of him. He wrote songs to try and inspire people like Heal The World, Man in the Mirror or a long list of other songs.

Some of you people have issues!

I hope no one treats you like this when you pass away.

Totally disrespectful!

Larry

PS: As for being accused of sexual contact wth Children I don't buy it. He was found NOT GUILTY! People took advantage of him and tried to get money from him, he brought handicap children to his home and made them happy! This whole thread is disgusting!

drfrightner
07-07-2009, 03:38 PM
One last thing... forget the 350 million dollars this man donated to help people, forget the thousands and thousands of children he has visited in hospitals, forget that MTV didn't want to play his Billie Jean video partially because of the race issue, forget all the people he made happy and the people he inspired but ...

This man did more for the haunted house industry than you can imagine with his Thriller video, which boosted horror, scary stuff, to new levels. Michael Jackson also loved haunted houses and visited many of them including Horror Dome in Vegas, Universal Horror Nights, Disney Haunted Mansion, he loved horror movies, and all sorts of scary stuff.

This guy probably would have loved to open a haunted house! Who knows! This guy loved Halloween give him some credit.

Larry

hearsechik
07-07-2009, 04:25 PM
You said it exactly like it is!!! Thank you very much for posting this!!!

Twin Locusts
07-07-2009, 04:26 PM
have not, will not, see a second of it. The sheep have more to concern themselves with but the box hasn't told them yet.

graystone
07-07-2009, 04:47 PM
I think where Noah was going with this or at least thats how I took it is the way the media is running crazy with all of this. I agree with Larry the man gave millions and I never thought for one minute he molested a child. I said this before and I will say it again had he fought the first time someone accused him instead of paying them off he would have not opened himself up to tons of law suits!

Back to the media thing. I do think that the media has went some what over board with this. We got thousands of men and women who have died since the war started and they never get this kind of attention. They are looking down the barrel of guns and tanks every day for us to have freedom. No they were not famous and more than likely they were not rich but what they have gave is their lives for us! Giving money is one thing giving ones life is totally something different

They too have left behind family and friends. To me they should be listed on every news outlet everyday! Just because someone is rich and famous does not mean they are any better than anyone else in this world. The media has made Michael Jackson out to be a God and thats a sin! God himself don't get this much attention. Again yes he was a great person and entertainer and a wonderful humanitarian but God hes not and he has never fought in a war.

I guess my outlook on it is what makes him any different than any of our service men and women who is risking their lives for us 24/7? Shane and its just as I see it. Shane this time!

nOrTHeRn TouCh
07-07-2009, 06:19 PM
I find it really funny that the people that want to say negative stuff are the ones watching every minute and googling everything they can find not to mention are the 1st to jump up when Thriller plays at Halloween. lol really He was the most out there person but what he did for people was like no other person before him or after him. He was a true icon I am from small city in Canada and we even celebrated his life. I was actually in the works of doing a Zombie walk for breast cancer and have centered the hole event around a Thriller theme. MJ was the greatest entertainer of all time and now maby he can rest in peace with the other greats...

IF YOUR 555
07-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Larry, this thread started about media coverage, not about the man in general. Do I have anything against MJ? NO. Do I listen to his music? NO, I am a metal head, always was and always will be, Thats my choice just like your musical taste is yours. MJ maybe your hero and Im cool with that, but dont tell others who their heros should be.

Nightgore
07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
You think this is bad? Imagine if the world had todays internet and media coverage back when Elvis died... it would have been ALOT worse and more insane. Also, disrespectful to who? Michael? Christians (meh)? Who? Think, the most popular entertainer in the history of the world dies... wouldn't you think the WORLD would want to take part in this?

I think the quote: "Michael Jackson was NOT a citizen of the United States, but a citizen of the WORLD!"... best describes this!

I don't think any of this is disrespectful... now, if they had charged an admission to this, it would have been! -Tyler

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Come you guys give family the respect they deserve all i can say is if you dont like ,it god gave you the power of choice ,DONT WATCH IT AND FROM BEING A MARINE MYSELF i can say that today was for his kids and memorial day is for all those who have gone before but didnt make it and never get that confused dear , i bet you never served did you pumkin so you are just another one of those sitting in the safety of your home watching wishing that you had the guts to walk amongst our ranks but were too scared to step up to the plate thats ,ok though thats what we are for , and as for you even bringing up the the molestation thing the man was found not guilty how dare you say that on the day of a mans funeral truly a sad day give the proper respect to the deceased i am ashamed of you all today that disrespect the the dead, AND HIS FAMILY

Darkangel
07-07-2009, 06:39 PM
He was a great performer, song writer and singer but not a God, this is idol worship. Also, he probably WAS guilty in the case where he paid millions to that family to get off, paying that much is all but saying he did it. If he didn't do it he would have fought it harder, he did it that time probably not the other.

He was a great entertainer but thats it. But I agree the same people who were calling for his head when he molested kids are watching every minute of this stuff.

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I agree 1,000.00 percent with you larry he was one of the biggest fans of halloween and i would have loved to see a haunt that he did and i would buy your ticket anytime larry

Darkangel
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Who said he's the greatest performer of all time? Why do you say that? Is he more of a performer than Elvis or Sinatra or dozens of others? Get off the MJ bandwagon. He was in a line of great performers and there will be more to come. Also how can you say he's done more for people than anyone before or after? Who knows who is to cme next. In the past, how about Jesus for one did he do less? How about the people who are not celebrities who actually moved to live amongst the poor in Africa, not visited but actually lived with them to offer medical care, of help them just to survive? No one talks of them Jackson donated money buy hell he had millions to do it so he should have. He was a compassionate person, but he was extrememly strange and bizarre, its interesting how so many have selective memories and only focus on certain things over others.

We lost a great performer and compassionate person, but he is no God and should not be treaded that way.

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Haunted house

HauntPhReAk
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Does anyone remember "innocent until PROVEN guilty"?

MJ was abused as a child, exploited practically his entire life, and became a recluse as a result. If he paid off an accuser, it was very likely to stay out of the public eye. We will never know. The celebrity children he hung out with have never accused him of any wrong-doing. Certainly, if they had, we would have heard about that. Celebrities have said over and over that you can't believe most of what's published by the media.

I saw Lisa Marie Presley say that their marriage broke up not because of any wrong-doing on his part, but because of the "vampires and leeches" that surrounded him and wouldn't leave them alone. She couldn't take it anymore, so she decided to leave. Unfortunately, he couldn't do the same. He chose another way out.

Give the guy a break! He did wonders for haunting, just by giving us Thriller alone, but he did so much more for us and the world. We should be giving him the respect he deserves and thanking him. I sincerely hope that he is now able to finally rest in peace.

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
well spoken phreak

Darkangel
07-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Fear Asylum,

That was an incredibly rude thing to say to Jolly Pumpkin you should be ashamed to say you are a marine. Dont look down on people because they "don't have the guts" to serve thats bull why would you say that? Everyone who joins doesnt have guts and want to serve many join because they have no other options in life and use it as a springboard for a career and college not because they are so patriotic and have guts for all we know you probably didn't see action either and if you did then Thank you for your service but if you didn't, you could be another military person who "served" their country in an office and the first ones to expect special treatment and respect from civilians where the real soldiers who were in the trenches gettting shot at assimilate back into normal life asking for nothing.

Also, now you're saying I should burn at the stake? If you are a marine no wonder we can't beat a bunch of third world half starved Afghanis and Iraqis. Be more like your grandfather's generation those guy got the job done right.

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Haunted house

Darkangel
07-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Dont use your foul mouth and poor upbringing towards me Fear Asylum. You dont know me or know what I look like, and I'm very grateful for yours and all soldiers duty. You talk of courage, I wish you had the courage to educate yourself and not speak in a childish manner I know enough to know that you didn't learn that in the Marines. I'm very patriotic, and have a certain respect for soldiers and how they should carry themselves, please work a little harder to live up to the few, and the proud, the marines slogan by proving you're just that instead of this sorry excuse of decency.

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Haunted house

Darkangel
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Good idea lets end this. You have your opinions I have mine. Besides, any more from you and it will only tarnish the high standards I've come to appreciate from the good soldiers code of conduct towards each other and the civilians they swore to protect.

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Haunted house yall

Twin Locusts
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
You dont know what you are talking about , but you are right this entire thread should end larry delete this entire thread man if you see this any time soon this thread has been non productive for all of us as haunters and has made me show a side of me that is rarely seen and am some what ashamed of myself so i will say my apology to you dark angel and jolly pumkkin and only ask that you show the same respect you would want on your day of mourning haunt on brothers and sisters and god speed

Weakness incarnate.

deleting your posts and asking for the thread to be deleted because you don't know how to communicate and have a healthy disagreement with civility.

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Haunted house yall

graystone
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Out of respect for your Idol I say drop it. If your such a fan to continue this is making you look rather stupid and childish. You will loose respect here real quick! Again I liked him and enjoyed his music and he did great things.

I say go to church tomorrow night and thank the real God for creating a person who you seem to admire and love very much. Without him there would have been no Michael Jackson! Shane and its time to let him Rest In Peace! Shane this time!

actiondeath
07-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Everyone who has posted a single word on this thread is completely ridiculous. Seriously. I feel more stupid having read it.

The media gets EXACTLY what it wants once again. Dumb shits.

FEAR ASYLUM
07-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Well spoken shane

Jolly Pumpkin
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Guys I love Michael Jackson as much as anyone. I own all his music and even cried when I found out He died, but I think the media has gone overboard on the coverage. What made Michael Michael was how mysterious He was and how He kept evolving over time rather it was the way He looked, danced or his music.

I'm just getting a little burnt out on the coverage and I think it's starting to become disrespectful to the king of pop. The media needs to let him rest in peace and hopefully after this memorial they will. I don't need to know every little detail of his life since much of it's negative while some of it positive. I want to remember the way Michael Jackson was when He was on top of the world, but the media is really shoving the negatives of his controversial life and death down everyone's throat.

stafford
07-07-2009, 10:05 PM
"I'm hopeful now that he is in peace and that the world can turn down the chatter and turn up the music, and really enjoy the greatest artist that's ever lived." -LA Reid

He's gone now, agree/disagree, believe/don't believe, listen/don't listen, regardless, he's definitely the greatest entertainer of my lifetime, and arguably of all time, worthy of the media coverage...and hey, at least we're not hearing about Jon and Kate anymore.

This has nothing to do with respecting and honoring our fallen solidiers.

If you're tired of the media coverage, turn the channel, but show some respect.

drfrightner
07-07-2009, 10:53 PM
First off this was about media coverage at first then it turned ugly blasting MJ and questioning everything about the guy.

MJ was the greatest entertainer, he greatest musical mind and dancer of all modern times. Elvis has nothing on MJ because Elvis couldn't write a song to save his life...

No one ever gave more to charity, did more to help children, more to help starving people around the world. Bottom line is people say he was weird a freak or whatever else... and thats OUR FAULT!

You say you don't like the media coverage that is OUR FAULT!

Chris brings up Jon and Kate... WHO GIVES A F*CK about those idiots? YOU GUYS AMERICA because all we care about is other peoples business. Why did Jerry Springer show make it... that was stupid!

Why is TMZ popular? Why do we buy all these silly gossip magazines?

Why do people cause accidents trying to get pictures of celebs... wasn't Diana chased down by paparazi trying to snap a photo and she crashed and died? Don't we hear about celebs hitting cars trying to get away from these slime balls? Why do they do it... because we watch this crap on TV, we search for it on the net, we buy those silly magazines, WE DO...

America needs to worry less about what MJ is doing, what Brad Pitt was eating, or who Jennifer Aniston is dating.

And for GOD SAKES will someone STOP reading ANYTHING TO DO WITH THESE MORONS JON AND KATE?

WE FEED THIS WE DO BLAME YOURSELF, BLAME YOUR WIFE, BLAME YOUR FRIEND, BLAME YOUR OFFICE WORKER...BLAME AMERICA!

Larry

shawnc
07-08-2009, 03:47 AM
In other news:

The U.S is close to pulling troops out of Iraq

Cap and Trade legislation was passed by the House of Representatives, which will likely cost U.S. citizens and businesses tens of billions of dollars and not clean up the air a bit.

California is in the midst of a budget crisis, with a $25 billion deficit and little hope of closing it. Many other states, counties and cities are equally bad off.

North Korea may be getting a new leader and continues its threats of nuclear attack on anyone who says a bad word about it.

And now back to our uninterupted coverage of Michael Jackson....

Drjkyll
07-08-2009, 05:55 AM
Larry, I couldn't agree with you more. I've never understood people's fascination with celebrities. Papparazzis are the lowest form of slimeball, but they only exist because we buy their crap. Ah well, I guess I can only do my part by not watching or buying what they're selling.

That said, isn't Jesse Jackson the sharpest dressed unemployed guy you've ever seen? :-)

Cheers!

mindtumor
07-08-2009, 06:36 AM
In other news:

The U.S is close to pulling troops out of Iraq

Cap and Trade legislation was passed by the House of Representatives, which will likely cost U.S. citizens and businesses tens of billions of dollars and not clean up the air a bit.

California is in the midst of a budget crisis, with a $25 billion deficit and little hope of closing it. Many other states, counties and cities are equally bad off.

North Korea may be getting a new leader and continues its threats of nuclear attack on anyone who says a bad word about it.

And now back to our uninterupted coverage of Michael Jackson....

Don't forget about the recent July 4th attacks on U.S Federal websites and South Korean websites.

And Larry maybe the vast majority of US follows this celebrity crap but I don't even know who Jon and Kate are, I didn't watch one second of the MJ coverage, I don't know what Pitt eats, who Jennifier dates, nor do I care about what any celeb does, has, or thinks, and the only magazines I have and read are woodworking magazines.

I will take it one step further, I don't own a cell phone, I don't text, I don't really understand what twitter is, I have no ipod, no lap top, no tvo or dvr, I watch zero reality tv, and I coudn't even tell you what the current radio stations are playing or the current bands or musicians. And I am not even that old, 28.

Not everyone feeds this garbage. And not everyone cares.

FEAR ASYLUM
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM
haunted house Yall and im with Larry f*uck Jon and Kate and the daisy of love but most of all f*ck new york goes to work now lets scare the f*ck out some folks and make some money woo hoo

Darkangel
07-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Those VH1 shows are pretty funny and entertaining though, much better than network reality shows!

Darkangel

tchaunt
07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Mindtumor, as odd as this will sound from a 14-year-old, I am so proud of you for not being another victim in the cliche we call American life-style.

To everyone else, consider this: The guy's dead. Deal with it. Was he great? Through your eyes, and the eyes of many others, yes. But he was just a human. It may be a matter of morals, opinions, or whatever else you want to call it, but I think it is rude to Michael Jackson to feed on his death so much, and hardly even care about those who allow us to run around screaming in people's faces for fun! Could haunted houses exist without Michael Jackson? Uh, yeah (no brainer there). Could they exist without our armed forces; those who fight for our country? No. In all reality, the fight of whether or not you should bow down to Michael Jackson will never be won by either side. That's the blessing of humanity: human skulls are denser than any other species' skulls. It's your opinion, deal with it and don't be childish and fight about it. Guys, come on, do you really want to act like a bunch of 5 year olds and throw sand in each other's face?

On another note that won't apply to many, if you still wish to fight, at least type using English. I'm sure many people on these forums do not appreciate having to decipher text walls. If a 14-year-old can take the time to make sure his post is typed correctly, uses (for the most part) correct grammar, and correct spelling, you can too. You've had more years of English classes than me.

Nightmare_Trance
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
WE FEED THIS WE DO BLAME YOURSELF, BLAME YOUR WIFE, BLAME YOUR FRIEND, BLAME YOUR OFFICE WORKER...BLAME AMERICA!

Larry

Larry I agree... I am going to blame my wife!!! She does buy those junk mags. Just another good reason for it to be her fault. :rolleyes:

Scream Shack
07-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Hey Jolly,
Here's an idea........Don't Watch!

Killer Katie
07-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Who is anyone to tell anyone how to grieve?
And I don't think MJ is the first person to have a choir sing for him... I do beleive that was the choir that sang "Heal the World" with him, so why wouldn't they sing for MJ?
I agree with the other posts... if you don't like it, don't watch! Simple as that.
Isn't that the same philosophy we ALL have if someone doens't like out haunt?
I personally, was devastated because his music has been a huge part of my childhood, and music is very important to me. I don't expect everyone to feel the same, and neither should the naysayers.
And Sharpton and Jackson jump on every "black" train that they can to keep in the public eye. They don't help the cause, they feed the fire.

DamienReaper
07-19-2009, 02:50 AM
<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-ew-8-zgsQ8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/-ew-8-zgsQ8&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TX-CTJQ1NFQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TX-CTJQ1NFQ&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

All I have to say about it

Phantom Foundry
07-19-2009, 01:56 PM
I agree with Killer Katie on every point. Also, KK, being a longtime vegetarian (although not a zombie) I'm pretty sure they feed on "GRAAINS"!

---Val

Killer Katie
07-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Damien - your video is just another reason for immigration laws and my great dislike for Dora the Explorer! LOL

Phantom - I laughed my A&& off.... "Grains.." LOVED it!!!
BTW - I adore your rag doll and the plague dude. Beautifully executed!