PDA

View Full Version : In need of a BIG rat

spookhaven
07-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I am looking for a rate, something pretty realistic that can be made to come out of a sewer pipe. If anyone has one they don't want or know where I can get one about 2-4 foot long, please post.

Allen H
07-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I would suggest making it yourself. Here is a quick method that I have used to make a ROUS before.
Tape together two 5 gal buckets at the open end. Ball up news paper to get the basic shape , Conical head, fore haunches, haunches, and a slight arch to the back. I cut up a funoodle (pool toy) and carved the front and back paws out of that. Then I covered the whole thing with fiberglass cloth and resin, then for the body hair I used magic scarves (look them up) they are great for costuming and props. the mouth should be open and I used balled up aluminum foil to "sculpt" the teeth and facial features (very fast and easy technique). A quick paint on the head, mouth, and paws. A sealing/gluing layer or two of fiberglass on the head and hands, and you are done. Fun easy project.
Allen H

spookhaven
07-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Cool thanks Allen for the details.

BarbieHaunt
07-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I think Greg Chrise will pop out of just about any sewer pipe for you if you pay him enough. I'm not sure whether he's only 4 feet long, but I think he's a great BIG rat. http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/images/icons/icon10.gif Obviously kidding!

Greg Chrise
07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
just tell me how much money is involved and I will begin deveoping a smell!

BarbieHaunt
07-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Your avatar kind of looks like a giant rat costume or actually more like the cowardly lion on the Wizard of Oz but with wings.

Greg Chrise
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
For prepaid $3.99 per minute, you can call the psychic rats network.

poison
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM
Here is a BRAND NEW PROP i just finished its not on the website yet.
But here is a video to give you a feel of just how nasty and hairy this thing is....

RA8WG9fx9RM