PDA

View Full Version : What is Fangoria convention about?

xxxdirk
01-17-2007, 06:49 PM
So, yeah, I am stupid I guess OR the convention does not have a lot of info out there. What do you do at the convention? I mean, are there seminars or what? I see they have celebs, but you have to pay $40 for a pic with your celeb? SPEKING OF THAT IS TRANSWORLD HAVING ANY?

BTW, back in 93 I was going throgh my stuff and found a bunch of FANGORIA mags from the 80's. I am talking the VERY 1st Fangoia ever, plus almost all of the 1st 5 years of issues in mint condition. Seeing how this way in the days before ebay and the beginning of the internet, I had no idea what they were worth so I gave em away. Can you imagine what I could get for em now? :(

Haunted Illinois
01-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Well, Fangoria is mostly about the celebrities.. and their ability to charge $40 per autographed picture. LOL. Actually, there is a chance for you to meet horror celebrities, a Saturday night party and various previews and showings of horror movies. For more information, go to:

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2007fangoriahorrorconvention.php

Transworld Exhibits, Inc traditionally doesn’t care to advertise their celebrity appearances (God knows why!). All I have been told is that Dee Snider and Ed Alonzo will be appearing at the Friday night fashion show. For more information, visit my Transworld info page:

http://www.transworldhalloweenshow.com/

drfrightner
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Fango is a horror fan show a horrorcon type of thing.

You meet some celebs, see some previews of upcoming movies and some people talk about movies they did or will be coming soon. You'll find a limited amount of vendors, who sell horror toys, books, and movies.

You'll see a bunch of weird people walking around ... junk like that.

On the Hauntworld Blog we have info about the event right on the front page...

or just go here...
http://www.fangoria.com/WoH/

Nightmaretony
01-18-2007, 10:59 PM
For the Burbank Fangoria in May, Horrorween will have a cast panel with sneak preview scenes.

damon carson
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
If anyone could give me more information on this I woulld appreciate it. I have never been to a Fango show and cant really get any info really. I've called creationonline or whatever it is and no answer or call back. Fangoria.com doesnt specify much either. I just wondered if anyone knows what all the packages include. Like the full weekend pass thats like $200.00 and then theres another one like $150.00. And then general admission for like $50.00. And then $40.00 for different stars like Doug Bradley ect. Like I said I want to go really bad. Most if not all Fango shows are on the west coast where I have never been able to attend. And finally this year Fango is the same week of Trans World. I dont want to miss this opportunity but I will if someone cant tell me more on the different packages. I know the full pass probably lets you do everything and attend all the signings ect. But what do you get for general admission? Do you just get to see the merchandise floor and movie screenings and hope you bump into a celebrity? And with the signings? You pay the $40.00 bucks just to see who you pick and does that include the picture and autograph or what? Sorrry but Im totally in the dark on this and I really need some help!!! If someone can give me another website or phone number or just explain everything out so I can truely understand what I will get I would greatly appreciate it.
Thankyou,
Damon

Jonathan
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Its a fun time in general. RFR will be there covering the event with some directors and stars we are meeting up with.

Here is a link for more on it.

http://www.fangoria.com/WoH/

Hope that helps. We are actually staying at the hotel where it takes place.

damon carson
01-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks Jonathan but I believe ive gone through this on fangoria and like I said its not saying much of anything. I appreciate the link and I will check it again. But if anyone can tell me from first hand experience from attending a Fango show I would appreciate it. This is why Im posting on Hauntworld its basically my last hope in attending because these website fail in giving details and I cant get a call back or response when I do call for any info.
Thanks,
Damon

Jonathan
01-31-2007, 10:35 AM
I have attended in the past. Basically you can even get a one day basic admin for like 25 bux. Some stars charge for signings, but its a good time.

You walk around the vendors, lots of Horror shops, etc. There are specific times for some Q&As, and signings. Some starss charge a flat rate for signings, but there is a fee that does cover a list of stars signings.

Here is another link I use for the cons for them..

http://www.creationent.com/cal/fangochi.htm

hope that helps a bit more.

Jim Warfield
01-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Mr. Tuxedo, Spookhouse Cat of The Ravens Grin Inn
Will be in his celebrity booth during Transworld, right here at Ravens Grin in beautiful, historic (hiss-tor wreck"?) Mt. Carroll.
He will be availble to answer all and any questions concerning anything in the universe that one may paws and cause to ponder.
"Is there life on other planets?
"MMRR!"
"Is there life after death?"
"MMRR!"
"Did you eat all the fresh fish on the kitchen counter?"
"MMRR!"

Ironman
01-31-2007, 11:03 AM
And you could even get branded if you want. Here's a shot of one of the Suicide Girls sporting a Fangoria brand from an iron I made for the magazine:
http://tinyurl.com/2dhr2j
You might want to dress in skimpy attire.

Infoamtek
01-31-2007, 11:31 AM
Fangoria WoH is just a cynically blatant attempt to get all the money from the grubby little paws of geeky horror fans that they can get.

Nicole
02-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Ugh - give me TW any day.

damon carson
02-03-2007, 10:48 PM
So from what I take the price of attending a Fangoria convention isnt really what its all cracked up to be?! Im still debating on going. I dont know if it will be in Chicago since the Halloween Convention is moving to Vegas this year. So if anyone else could post there inputs or experiences it could really help me on decideing on going this year or not.
Thanks,
Damon

Kevin Dells
02-05-2007, 07:43 AM
Damon,
We are planning on going on saturday during TW weekend and yes the autographs are expensive. There is a 40$ pass you can buy that will get you a decent seat to the indie screenings and a few other options as well.

I have never been so I thought i would take a look, they are running some schenes from upcoming movies such as Hostel 2,Hills have eyes 2, and the one i really would like to see Grindhouse.

xxxdirk
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Kev, I am thinking of poping over for Sat too. Maybe I will see you guys there

Kevin Dells
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Kev, I am thinking of poping over for Sat too. Maybe I will see you guys there
Sounds like a date! Bring the Goat!