PDA

View Full Version : Creepyworld Robbed...

drfrightner
07-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Check out the video and story...

If you hear about or see some props being offered on ebay, craigs list or whatever let me know!!! Thanks Larry

http://www.fox2now.com/ktvi-theft-halloween-props-fenton-072709,0,3892067.story

shawnc
07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Bummer. I'm actually surprised we don't hear about this happening more since so many of us seem to have stuff stored in such out of the way places.

Can you be more specific as to what to watch out for?

Front Yard Fright
07-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Wow Larry sorry to hear about that...
Nobody deserves that to happen.

Good luck in catching the jerks!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-28-2009, 05:09 AM
WOW larry, your having a bad week. first your artwork now actual equipment and props.
not good, ill keep my eyes open.
any reward?

Allen H
07-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Very sorry to hear about this. Perhaps they will get caught and your stuff will be recovered.
Allen H

Darkangel
07-28-2009, 07:05 AM
The reward is the feeling you get for doing the right thing!

Sorry to hear that Larry, it does sound like if not an inside job, it was from someone who knows your set up and storage patterns.

Hope they turn up and the thieves get caught!

Darkangel

kpolley
07-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Larry,

I heard about that from Jim. That sucks. Like Shawn said, though, can you be real specific about any of the pieces stolen. The news people wouldn't have any idea what they were, but if you say a Unit70 skeleton weraing a dress or something all of us will know exactly what you mean. I'll keep an eye on local Craigs List listings and what not. We'll hope for the best.

Jonathan
07-28-2009, 08:31 AM
That is horrible. No one deserves that. I will def. keep my eyes peeled since I am online pretty much all day everyday.

Man so sorry to hear about this.

damon carson
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
I didnt do it! LOL! No really thats too bad! But I always wondered how you keep that place secure since its not indoors and its basically up year around now. Did they break into your trailers out there? Most of the stuff may or may not ever be found? How much or what did they take exactly? Im like Kip let us know whats missing so we can help you find it! I would check any new haunts or haunts from last year that spring up this year. Thats for sure!
Damon

elowther
07-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear about that Larry. I hope they are caught. It's hard enough running a haunt like that. Now to have to worry about theft and replacing things really sucks! I know how mad I would be.

Eric

shawnc
07-28-2009, 09:50 AM
I would notify all the other haunts in the area as well. It could be that whoever stole the stuff figures they can make an easy sale to another haunter, assuming they will be so happy to get the items cheap they won't ask where they came from.

Tater
07-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Larry

Do you know what got taken so we know what to look for?

Slain
07-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Larry,
That just sucks..
I know the feeling brother..
When we first got into Atrox (before the alarm system and survaliance cameras were installed) we suffered the same thing. Most were the expensive tools and some props. They caught the guys one year later but we never did recover much money. Hope you have better luck

graystone
07-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Had tools,cash registers ect stolen! I hate a damn sorry ass thief! Instead of getting a job and working they have to go out and get what others have worked hard for! Sorry to hear that Larry! Shane and its I hope they hang! Shane this time!

Darkblood
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Larry,
Sorry to hear about that! I would scan the net (ebay, craigslist, etc.) if we knew more specifically what to look for.
Hey, I know we run CreepyVILLE but we didn't do it!
I hate thieves!
I'll let you know if I hear or see anything!
Kirk

The Doctor
07-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that Larry, it is a sad fact of life that people will steal, cheat, lie and vandalize other peoples property. I can not stand any people that fall in any of those categories and I hope they find the people that did it and return your property in the condition it was stolen in.

N2SPOOKINU
07-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Larry, since we are only a hour and a half away we will keep our eye out for any mysterious props that people are trying to unload. We really need a list of what was taken because we have people calling us all the time trying to sell us stuff. Any information would be great. I hope they catch the people that did this!
Good luck,
Greg
Fearfest

brad
07-28-2009, 05:25 PM
Yeah, this absolutely sucks. I hope you can find at least some of your stuff that was stolen, and find the peopple responsible for doing this.

Raycliff Manor
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Sorry to read this news Jim and Larry. Having had Raycliff Manor robbed when we were in Springdale, I know how horrible it feels to have such a violation take place. I hope the individuals responsible are caught. Karma will take care of them one way or another. Sending you positive thoughts and energy for your season opening taking place soon!

Kel

The Mad Hatter
07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Look on the bright side, you got some good Free advertisement on the news. Even showed a trailer with the Darkness logo on it, that's some good Advertisement.... Sure it wasn't a devious plan you had? Anyways hope you catch those sneaky Rat Bastards and get your stuff Back.

-Frank Balzer

WickedWillow
07-28-2009, 08:08 PM
How awful! It's hard to believe this happened right after artwork was stolen from the internet. I do hope they catch whoever did this and find all props, still in great condition.

Willow

Fear Unfathomed
07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
thats ridiculous! sorry to hear that larry. hope you catch them and get everything back!

RJ Productions
07-28-2009, 11:20 PM
WOW, that sucks!! I guess you can look on the bright side, at least you got some publicity out of it!!

Let's hope they catch the bastards so you can at least get a few more exposures out of it!

With all these "Hauntworld Eyes" out there, even if the culprit just shows the props in their yard someone will see them!

tchaunt
07-29-2009, 12:19 AM
The three lowest types of scum are as follows:
-Politician
-Paparazzi
-Thieves

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. But like others have said, look on the bright side, you got almost free advertising! Good luck in catching the idiot who stole the items.

craigsrobotics
07-29-2009, 09:01 AM
how anyone would own / store thousands of dollars of props and animations, and NOT have ANY video surveillance? (or did you??) Come on... Let this be a lesson to everyone - protect your investment at ANY costs...I've got night-vision surveillance all around my property, and it was only a measly $1500 bucks to purchase DVR and 4 cameras to protect thousands of dollars of animatronics...:rolleyes: ANd it's not as if these items cannot be easily spotted, unless the perps display them for personal purposes inside their homes....someone will spill the beans,. eventually...Yeah, good publicity, however...

shredman
07-29-2009, 09:22 AM
That sucks so bad. Hope you catch the crooks!!!

Zack

Motograter
07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Wow I'm sorry to hear this Larry. This is definity a haunters worst nightmare! I am on ebay and craigslist every single day looking for haunt stuff so I will keep my eyes open for you.

SomeThingInTheIce
07-29-2009, 11:26 AM
In all fairness, having a surveillance system does not mean that you would catch them, now having a big dog means not having it taken in the first place.lol. But your very right protect your investment, when we did our haunted trail after we closed I would turn my two dogs lose, no body was going to come past that gate. I hope you get them and your stuff back, I would go to any new haunts that open in the area, I bet thats where your stuff is.

how anyone would own / store thousands of dollars of props and animations, and NOT have ANY video surveillance? (or did you??) Come on... Let this be a lesson to everyone - protect your investment at ANY costs...I've got night-vision surveillance all around my property, and it was only a measly $1500 bucks to purchase DVR and 4 cameras to protect thousands of dollars of animatronics...:rolleyes: ANd it's not as if these items cannot be easily spotted, unless the perps display them for personal purposes inside their homes....someone will spill the beans,. eventually...Yeah, good publicity, however...

craigsrobotics
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
correct...not every surveillance system is 100% accurate, but at least it would give some peace of mind that one did everything they could to deter, prevent or capture the incident...plus, with law enforcement technology today, even a blurry, crappy vid can be cleaned up for evidence purposes, and someone would be able to recognize SOME piece of clothing, shoe, hair style of the perps from a video...I do like your dog approach though...that'll leave a mark for sure!:-D

But as I said, I'm sure these props would be easy to find unless: 1) the perps wanted to be destructive aholes and may destroy the props 2) the perps will keep them under wraps and never go public with them.....

It is ashame, but something will turn up somewhere because "Criminals Is Stupid"....:rolleyes:

oasissandpaper666
07-29-2009, 07:08 PM
sorry for the loss larry. i design and fabricate the monster mash haunted hayride in south hadley mass , we have low income housing behind our property now. if we leave out a light bulb they will steal it . picture that haunters its 2 am the last cart is on the trail and we are right behind it , picking up our stuff. it kinda sucked when i worked the darkness and im watching someone {sorry i dont remember your name} ready to flick the switch for the night , no lugging props onto the back of the cube van , i hate that. exspecialy larrys old termanator prop. its oasis this time ! F shane

The13thHour
07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
That sucks! We had someone break into our haunt a few years back and make off with some tools, our bone warrior's head, some smaller props, etc. We still do not have any idea who, what or why. I hope you have better luck with your stuff Larry.

Greg Chrise
07-29-2009, 08:26 PM
How they busted a panel out of the rear trailer door is unusual. If they ever do that again or have done it before anywhere, it should be lots of clues to gather. Anyone else would have just taken the lock off and opened the door instead of also damage the trailer door. Who knows how much that would cost to repair? And they are liable for that too.

Jim Warfield
07-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Are you suggesting someone or something actually broke out of the trailer? (A real inside job then!)
A hideous monster comes to life and the rest is Police report history!
Check out those magical gypsys closer when you buy things from them!
Of course what's a cheaper employee than an pnuematic robotic helper?
A Zombie helper! A real Zombie, not one made by our public school system.

MisfitsSpookhouse
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM
What an injustice! I hope everything is found and returned to you promptly and still unharmed.

TheTreasureHaunt
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm in agreement with everyone else on this. Hope the bandits are caught soon and all props are returned.

shawnc
07-30-2009, 05:42 PM
So what was taken? We can't just forward you every craigslist/ebay/classified ad for haunt props in the Midwest to you.

Demon_of_your_Darkness
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
if this happened to my haunt, I'd find the people Kill them and make them the new "Creepyworld" props....

N2SPOOKINU
08-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Hey Larry, any more updates? whats the latest on the robbery?
Greg
Fearfest

damon carson
08-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Evidently this thread is dead. Lets face it. If most of us lost that dollar amount of props we would probably not even open. But that really is a drop in the bucket for them. Im sure there not happy about what they lost or the fact they were even broken into but. They did get in the public eye about a month before Halloween season. Not exactly free advertising but in a way it was. Lets move on. If Larry was going to post what was taken he would have done it by now. I would rather see a thread on whats being done at Creepy World like pics ect. But maybe the thieves would too?
Damon