PDA

View Full Version : DFW (Richardson) Haunt Gathering & Workshop

Shadowkat
08-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Howdy folks,

I've been working with Mitch over at Brick In The Yard Mold Supply in Richardson (http://www.brickintheyard.com/) tryign to get together a gathering. He's a local supplier for Hotwire Foam tool but he specializes in molding and casting stuff (plaster, silicone, etc.) He works with a lot of the local pro haunts as well as movies and prop makers.

I'm helping line up some folks to do demos and hands on for:
Airbrush, tombstones, LEDs, etc.

Plus, Mitch is gonna have some fun stuff that we can play with:
Foam cutters
Lifecasting (making copies of hands, faces, seet, etc.)
Silicone masks
Silicone gore makeup and applicances

Since this is actually a business and he's gotta cover the cost of materials, food, drinks, etc. There's a $20 'cover charge' for the event. Please email Mitch @ mitch@brickintheyard.com or call (214) 575-5600 and let him know you're coming to The Haunt Gathering.

When: Saturday, 29 August beginning at 10 am and going until 6 pm.
Where: BITY Mold supply, Richardson, TX

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Sterling+drive,+richardson,+tx+(BITY+Mold+Supply )&sll=32.955079,-96.715307&sspn=0.006869,0.009645&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=32.955079,-96.715307&spn=0.006869,0.009645&t=h&z=17&iwloc=A

If you wanna se some of the stuff he's gonna cover, check out his YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/brickintheyard

*As always, please feel free to bring stuff to show off and share.

*// ShadowKat \\*
AKA - Kris

lerandell
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Kris,
Long time, no see!.. LOL. I will be there! Ive been wanting to see some of this stuff. I am working on making a bunch of the LED minispots. waiting on my ebay shipment as we speak...
see you there.

Digger Graves
08-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Ill be there. This is gonna be fun.

Shadowkat
08-24-2009, 09:20 PM
<bump>

Time is running out for this weekend. Please be sure to contact Mitch and RSVP.

Please email Mitch @ mitch@brickintheyard.com or call (214) 575-5600 and let him know you're coming to The Haunt Gathering.

*// ShadowKat \\*
AKA - Kris

lerandell
08-24-2009, 11:17 PM
I will also have one of my main guys with me. I will give mitch a call too just to make sure he knows we are coming.

Spoils
08-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Dammit!!! Why do you guys have a class for haunters during the time of year that we can not make it???? I would love for this class to be at another time of the year. I could definetly get some other haunts involved as well. I know for a fact the Zombie Manor, 13 St. Morgue, Reindeer Manor, maybe Necroplex, and ofcourse ourselves for a fun with Mitch day! We are all way to busy running around like chickens with our heads cut off at this time of year. I would love to go.....but cannot... Mitch is awesome!!!

Brutal Industries
08-26-2009, 12:40 PM
AH! this Saturday?

damnit!

cant make it.

We are shooting video at Zombie Manor. ohman let me know when you guys do this again! We are definitely in.

Travis

lerandell
08-29-2009, 11:37 PM
here are some photos from todays get together. Thanks Kris and Mitch for hosting this! I have found a new obsession!!