PDA

View Full Version : Santa Hangs a Girl

thehauntedhollows
08-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Okay, I need your input on this. One of the guys I work with wants to have a Christmas Scene in one of our cabins. His plan is to have the guests enter, and see a girl lay out cookies and milk for Santa, and get into her bed. Then, Santa would emerge from the chimney. He would look like a bum with a santa costume. He would pour some alcohol into the milk and take a swig of it, and then the liitle girl would say "Oh Santa, you are here, did you get me the necklace I wanted?" Then, Santa would say "Yes, just stand on this stool so I can put it on, close your eyes." Instead of a necklace, he would place a noose around her neck and kick the stool out, followed by the addition of a strobelight, that would end the scene.

The guy who had this idea said the girl would be harnessed, and the noose would just be loosely taped to the rafter on the ceiling so that if the harness broke she would not actually be hung.

I keep saying I think this is going a little too far, and that parents would be mad, and kids distraught beyond our intentions. Not only that, this is a town sponsored Non Profit event.

So in your opinion, is this going too far as a haunt scene? And if it is, how could we make it less extreme while still keeping the theme and a scary scene?

Thanks

graystone
08-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Why would he need to drink alcohol? You don't need to be boozed up for a good scare lol. Anyway I think that you should stay away from this. I guess if you don't have kids go through then you might can get away from it.

Years ago and I mean like 15 years ago I did a Santa carrying an ax in one hand and a head in another with blood in his beard and suit. The next day man the phone started ringing and man I got chewed out right and left. No Santa the next night! Shane and its a bad idea! Shane this time.

Motograter
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Yeah I'm not really sure about this room. I have worked in past haunts years ago who did an evil Santa room with corpses and a dead Mrs. Claus chained to a butchers table. It was just a Christmas Massacre! I'm sure there was some people who where very grossed out or offended. If you do do it. I would leave out the booze like Shane said in his post.

thehauntedhollows
08-12-2009, 07:40 PM
allright, have any ideas of how we can still keep the general theme and idea, just lessen the extremness?

Jim Warfield
08-12-2009, 07:52 PM
..and look, nobody really got hurt.
Until one of the young audience member trys it at home...
And why did "Santa" hang the girl?
Well then she couldn't tell anyone what he had done to her because dead witnesses don't testify too well. (think "Pervert")
If anyone in the audience gets a warm, happy feeling inside from this hanging show, have them sign up for some heavy-duty councilling.
Back to the old Roman colosseum, bring out the warriers , the innocents and the beasts, let the carnage begin!
Now you feel better, right?
"Film at 11!"

thehauntedhollows
08-12-2009, 07:54 PM
this idea has "nay nay" written all over it

graystone
08-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Just do it as a crazed boyfriend and girlfriend go away for the weekend to a cabin and use the same scare that you were going to do sounds simple to me. Shane and its I think that would work! Shane this time.

thehauntedhollows
08-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Shane,
Excellent Idea- I will probably do that. Thanks so much.

Ben

Allen H
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
stay away from Santa, glad to hear you are not going to do it.
Allen H

freak 'n' stein
08-13-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree with Allen. Stay away from the Saint. He's such an iconic character who represents good. I can see where the irony would come from if he went bad, but hanging someone is not the way to do it!

shawnc
08-13-2009, 01:43 AM
The idea of the real noose bothers me. Yeah, it'll work fine in rehearal. But after 87 times in one night, what happens if they get bored and a little sloppy and try to take a shortcut? Could lead to a real problem.

Jim Warfield
08-13-2009, 02:34 AM
We all know Santa mastribates but he's not a killer.
What are you doing on this street corner tonight Santa? What are you looking for?
"Ho-ho-hos!"
In the meanwhile he's all red in the face, breathing hard and sort of confused hurridly giving away millions of dollars in expensive toys to strangers.

Mad Wax Sculptor
08-13-2009, 02:39 AM
ok im sick i thought this was going to be about something in the news damn it

phreakout
08-13-2009, 02:45 AM
I still like the idea though of someone crawling out of the chimney to attack someone.

maybe replace the little girl with a grandmother who fell asleep in her chair, and have some hell bent freak crawl down the chimney.

maliciousstudios
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I Would Have LOVED To See THAT SCENE !! LMFAO.... Hell yeah !

"Pardon me I love the extreme stuff...."
yeah I do think the alcohol is a bit much ( BUT ) I dont think it would really have to say JACK DANIELS on the bottle...

I would say it depended highly on what type of haunt you are and what advertisement you use... choose your demograghic wisely Skywalker it may backfire if the customer base doesnt like it. It DOES work for some.... but usually bigger cities with broader demograghics

( Dont ask me why it a smidge taboo for you to use alcohol but cool to do the scene )

Im afraid of using anything with drugs or alcohol .... it seems to make people more angry ...

I think with some tweaking the scene could be awesome.... BUT if you do choose to use a noose ( FOR ANYTHING ) DO NOT ATTACH IT TO ANYTHING.... there are ways to do this safely and you need to do the research....

and its ~DUDE~ you have a kick-ass idea ~DUDE~ This Time !!!

Tater
08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Why would he need to drink alcohol? You don't need to be boozed up for a good scare lol.

I dont know shane...Ive been around alot of drunk women and they are by far the scariest thing ive seen

hsmag
08-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I agree with everybody else that it's a bad idea. Not just that but if you do a scene with Santa killing someone who may or may not be representing a child, you'll have media, local church groups and other activists. There's a group out there right now called "Parents Of Murdered Children" who have already criticized haunted attractions because they "glorify death and murder". I think the idea of the scene is tasteless myself. Just my opinion.

graystone
08-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Heck I never thought of that one LMAO! Shane and its good one man! Shane this time.

shawnc
08-13-2009, 06:18 PM
I came across this the other day and I think it demonstrates my point perfectly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrisQuUR_LA&feature=related

I'm sure these guys saw no need to worry about things over to the left; they were pulling over to the right and there was tension on it and that's the way they were pulling and there was no way it was going to fall anwhere else. And guess what happened?

shawnc
08-13-2009, 06:20 PM
The guy who had this idea said the girl would be harnessed, and the noose would just be loosely taped to the rafter on the ceiling so that if the harness broke she would not actually be hung.

Tell "The guy" to wear a helmet and ear plugs when he explains this to your insurance agent.

thehauntedhollows
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
allright so I'll scrap that idea. I think I will go with Shanes idea. That way we can still use the $500 worth of chrismas supplies we bought at 90% off for $50 at Target after Christmas!

shawnc
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
There are still plenty of ways to make Christmas scary.

BBQ reindeer? Demented elves? How about a deformed snowman sitting there who jumps up as people walk through? That can be one of those simple, unexpected scares that gets them everytime.

BarbieHaunt
08-14-2009, 02:47 AM
I like phreakout's idea about somebody popping out of a fake chimney to attack somebody, but I don't think it should be Santa attacking anyone (maybe the grinch? or some other creep, elf, abominable snowman, or critter) and I'm not sure a grandmother should be attacked. Even popping out of a chimney could scare the pee out of patrons if done right. The set could be totally decorated with Christmas props, with soothing Christmas music playing in the background, at least until the big scare.

Badger
08-14-2009, 07:11 AM
How about using something along the lines of Robot Santa from Futurama? Pretty scary, yet darkly humorous stuff.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p60/HockeyQB/2005_12_25.jpg

Remember the controversy surrounding movies like "Silent Night, Deadly Night" and "Santa Slay"? I think people just aren't ready to see Santa killing, which is why the robot idea worked on the cartoon...

DarkTikiEntertainment
08-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I would think the big issue would be the hanging. I remember a long thread about simulated hangings a while back, and most everyone agreed that it is far too risky, especially given the fact that multiple people have been accidentally killed by hanging in haunts.

One of Fright Dome's (Las Vegas) haunts last year was Christmas themed, and it was fantastic. I don't remember any murderous Santa though. I do remember that there was a Christmas tree that jumped at patrons! That tree actually scared my friend, who had not been scared by a single thing in the other three Dome haunts we went to earlier that night. I think it was the "completely unexpected" factor that got her. They also made it snow inside the haunt, which was very cool! Maybe try to set up some kind of unique scare that nobody would predict, like having a Christmas present attack people, or something?

damon carson
08-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Steer away from hanging a child as well. People with children will be all over your ass for displaying a scene such as this. You cant always go with ideas your help gives you. You must use your better judgement and decide what going to far really is. Santa or no Santa.
Damon

snowfreak666
08-17-2009, 08:48 PM
agree kids will get too upset about this i think the girlfriend/ boyfriend is great idea romantic get away but really a jealous rage the gf could have cheated on the bf and its their anniversary and he says i have a neacklace for you etc etc etc or vice versa you dont see 2 many women killers lol a christmas tree jumping at ppl

if you do do the hanging i think that the rope needs to be detachable like have the hang rope thats around the persons neck velcrowed to the ceiling or what ever that way there will be less risk

thehauntedhollows
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. Our new idea is actually to have a girl pulled up a chimney via an electric winch. If that doesn't seem feasible we will probably do the gf/bf scene

snowfreak666
08-18-2009, 05:45 PM
OHHHHHH i got it nightmarge before christmas dugh well don't go by it just the idea of possesd toys and the girl getting sucked up I read u don't want to do know shows movies etc b/c the ppl are already comfortable it :) so yeah thats what the sucked up thing made me thing of nightmare b4 xmas so u get the idea of things like that umm hanging does freak the shiz out of me my mom don't ppl being burn i don't like hangings perhaps u can still use it just not on a real person have like dummies of elves or dear or something but if kids are comming thru u don't want to scare xmas for them! good luck

Jim Warfield
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Have a large teeter-toter, or is it a scale?
And it is a scientific experiment, or is it a game show?
"How many elves equal Santa as they all hang thrashing by their necks on opposite ends of the scale?"
.....it must be a game show.

maliciousstudios
08-19-2009, 04:04 PM
For criminal acts and violence on the stage
For being a brat
Refusing to act your age
For all the decent citizens you've enraged

For gambling and drinking alcohol constantly
For making us doubt our parents authority
For choosing to be a living obscenity
You can go to Hell

LMFAO...( sorry ) ---> its not an insult by the way ( Its a song ... lol... before someone takes offense jeeze )

MMManiac
08-20-2009, 05:41 PM
We did a killer santa scene once and didn't get the push back we thought we'd get. I'd say keep the killer santa. Esp if you do it as a "drunken bum"santa. Instead of the guy wearing the beard have it down at his neck. This then makes it more of a killer in a santa suit then a killer santa. Just to be safe at our ticket booth we put up a warning that the haunt contained holiday violence. as far as hanging the girl goes I'm not against it because I have seen much worse but I'd be afraid it would slow down your lines too much and the actress would get major tired having to do it over and over... Not to mention like many said befor if something would happen then Bad news bears on that one...

Keep the santa, lose the hanging girl, silent night deadly night here we come!

FablesStudios
08-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Here is a prop for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZSsngAeC8

Its cool. way to much $...

Peter T
FS

Jim Warfield
08-23-2009, 11:08 AM
A more realistic hanging depiction having the victim wet their pants or soil them? These little touches might further "sell" the illusion.
We can't ignore feces or urine, they are just too much a part of our existance.
Where's my plunger?