PDA

View Full Version : Spookywoods - Corn Maze Aerial Photo

twohlgemuth
08-13-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi Haunters,

We open our Maize Adventure in less than two weeks! Click this link for a large image of the maze from 1500ft.

http://www.maizeadventure.com/images/aerial_photos/MaizeAdventure2009.jpg

http://www.maizeadventure.com/images/aerial_photos/MaizeAdventure2009sm.jpg

The theme this year is "Save the Animals". You have to find your way through Noah's Ark, and 6 animals to find all the punch stations. I wanted to cross promote our Amazing Pet Adventure Charity event on September 26th with this design. This one day event is a pet adoption fair to raise money for the local animal shelter. FOX 8 is our sponsor as you can tell by the huge station logo in the maze. The area of corn around our Flame Tower on the right is the haunted corn walk part of Spookywoods at night.

Badger
08-13-2009, 02:55 PM
VERY cool...

freak 'n' stein
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
That's awesome. I'll definitely be visiting this season!!

lerandell
08-13-2009, 10:20 PM
that is freakin cool!!! I have been wanting to do a corn maze for years. oh yeah... I don't own a tractor.. LOL..

JamBam
08-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Tony,
Nice design. Your big photo really allows a close-up view. I have a suggestion that will sharpen up the photo and the experience. Side cut the leaves on the paths.

Simply have someone walk the entire path system twice with a four foot piece of pvc pipe and have them swipe the leaves off the sides of the stalks exposed to the paths. It is very fast and easy to dowhile really cleaning up the picture and the experience as your customers won't rub the corn as they walk the paths.

Contact me if you have any questions.

You too TIMMER!

legendsofthefog
08-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Awesome corn maze. Do you have Maize Quest come to cut it, or do you design and cut it yourself. I am on my third self-cut corn maze, and I am ready to make the switch over to gps next season.

freak 'n' stein
08-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Awesome corn maze. Do you have Maize Quest come to cut it, or do you design and cut it yourself. I am on my third self-cut corn maze, and I am ready to make the switch over to gps next season.

How does cutting a maze using GPS work? If it's in a field do you have to map out your coordinates prior to cutting and go from there?

FablesStudios
08-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Have you ever needed to go in and find a person? This looks huge!!!

Do you have monsters walking thru the maze or is this a separate entity from the haunt? The bridge looks like a sweet picture spot looking over the maze!

Peter T
FS

twohlgemuth
08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
I have used MazePlay.com to cut my maze since the first one back in 2001.

They have their own custom software to cut the maze with a tractor and a 4ft tiller. He cuts it at night as it is cooler, without getting technical has the map of what he wants to cut out already plotted and his tractor is a blinking dot on the tablet PC. He just follows the paths and 6 hours later you have a perfect match to the design.

There is just over 4.5 miles of pathways. We only are open during the day for the maze, however on the right of the photo is our flame tower and pathways that are haunted at night as the groups make thier way to Spookywoods which is inside the pine forest at the bottom right of the photo. You can see the Castle at the corner.

We installed the bridges in view of the Castle and Ghost town, this makes for great photos and cross promotion. We have Corn Cops that patrol the maze to help people find all the punch stations or get out. Yes, people get LOST all the time that is the fun part.

Darkangel
08-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Great job Tony looking sweet! I want to try to drive down this year.

Darkangel

drfrightner
08-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Thats big!!! WOW!

Larry