PDA

View Full Version : Making custom mask

xxxdirk
08-23-2009, 08:53 PM
So my kid is trying to create something. He wants to attach rubber devil horns to a bald cap. What is the best way to do this?

Allen H
08-23-2009, 09:58 PM
what is the bald cap made of? My first instinct is to say rubber cement, but that does depend on what its made of.
Allen H

xxxdirk
08-23-2009, 10:01 PM
latex or rubber. Its a Don Post Latex One

StackerSteve
08-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I believe there is Elmer's that is latex based. ead the back. Less than 3.00. Should work out for you. Clean the surface well with alcohol

themagicofjustinarrigo
08-24-2009, 12:16 PM
I would use the latex elmers glue to secure them, then use some liquid latex to hide the seam and blend it in. The liquid latex comes in small bottles and can be found at costume shops, joke shops, or those fly by night Halloween stores.

Frank Weidman
08-24-2009, 02:02 PM
PLace latex under the horn base, dab that on the bald cap where you want the horn located. dont press on the horn to the bald cap yet

then give it about a minute or so and let the latex of both pieces get tacky and press the horn on the bald cap.

repeat the process for the other horn. dab latex around the horns base to seal the edges.

Would help out to have the bald cap on the head while the process is taken place.

hope that helps

(also use cotton balls and latex at the base to create a nice lil build up as if the horns are growing out of the head. and that will also give support to hold the horns on too)