PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2 ( Review )

maliciousstudios
08-28-2009, 01:49 AM
Bad news for Halloween fans. It seems that Rob Zombies Halloween 2 misses the mark.

Haddonfield the in the remake seemed like a middle class white neighborhood, this time it looks like a backwoods village that hasn't had running water in a month.

I don't know why, but all the characters are greasy, dirty, unattractive, and look as if they just came off a 3 day binge with Heroin.....

Laurie this time around looks like shit run over twice throughout the film, (understandable considering) But I was waiting to see her shoot up it just seemed like Heroin would fit the scenes....( LMFAO )

The FX sounds were a bit overdone.... seemed like I was reading it out of a comic book.... ( Slaaaashhh.....GRRRRRROOOWWWL..... UUUUURRRRRGHHHH.....CHOOOMMMMP.... RIIIIIIP ! ) The only thing missing was the text baloons abouve the characters for ( EXTRA SOUND FX )

Good Luck In ALL You Do Rob.... Better Luck Next Time !

3 SKULLS OUT OF 10

Darkangel
08-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Not surprised.

I feel sorry for anyone who actually thought this movie had any chance of being good, didn't they see the first one?

Zombie, go back to making music leave the movies to those with talent and concepts, not the same ol same ol.

Darkangel

scarygoat
08-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Ya I kinda figured this too...

evilmanor
08-28-2009, 10:36 AM
After seeing the first, I thought the 2nd would have had to have been better.

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
08-28-2009, 10:58 AM
I personally liked the first one being a re take on how micheal began and how creepy he was. Everything was dirty and dingy about him and the people he killed were clean. I hope that this is just a matter of opinion on your review because I always enjoy movies I love em. Maybe I'll like it maybe I won't. Good review though!

maliciousstudios
08-28-2009, 12:24 PM
But I DID like the first Hallow-Zombie.... it just came across ALLOT BETTER.... it seems he or someone was concentrating TO MUCH on the dirty-ness of the movie allot of people raved about.

The brutal violence we have all come to love is there... the story is Halloween basics but the delivery killed it.... I ( WAS ) tired we went at 12:00 am and I just finished working on orders ( 13 1/2 hours straight )

BUT

I dont think it was big screen worthy.... ( Maybe I should have waited for the DVD )
OR
maybe I should have gotten some sleep instead.... 8:00 am back working on orders.....lmfao

chuck weber
08-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Anything Michael Myers, I like. By the way, did anybody see "THE COLLECTOR"?
It looked interesting, but I think it was in the theatres for 2 weeks.(LATE JULY 2009). Pretty brutal torture scenes I was told. Please post any comments. Thankx!

damon carson
08-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Well no surprise is right about the latest Rob Zombie Halloween. Its just plain stupid! Very dissappointing but then I wasnt expecting much. Thank god this is his last one. At least thats what he says.
Damon

StackerSteve
08-29-2009, 02:30 PM
That review missed the mark.
Rob was given total creative control this time around. It's Rob's film and not intended to be a remake. How many more times did he have to say it?
It was a typical Rob movie. I'm a fan of his work so I for one dug it. The added effects, seeing it through MM's eves and a much more agressive Myers.
Rob finished him off in the end and claims that there will never be a 3rd from him.
I thought it was great to show the charachters in real worl situations and not return to cutesy little lives in the subs. Wouldn't happen. Good for him to break that crappy horry movie mold.

Better luck next time.

oasissandpaper666
08-29-2009, 05:50 PM
i would like anyone of you do better, taking an old story and trying to do something with it ? thats why you haters dont do movies ! lets face it the good old days of horror are gone . stop puttin people down . i liked the movie , i like all of robs movies and waynes work . what did you people expect ? mike to turn into an alien or something . bill compton this time .... f shane

StackerSteve
08-29-2009, 06:18 PM
They are stuck in 1978. All these so called "Halloween fans" worked so hard to hurt their own franchise. Great job.

maliciousstudios
08-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Please dont take me the wrong way.... ( Like I said ) I for one am a LONG TIME FAN of Robs work.... Hell I was a fan of Mr. Cummings work since before he was famous !

Rob Cummings was his real name previous to becomming famous

I was a fan of his artwork first of all which had always been old school Rat Fink style.... A fan of his lyrics, his insight into the "Classic Horror" you so rudely speak of.

( If you know Rob well.... you would know that the Classic Movies are a STAPLE in Mr. Cummings / Zombies life )

( Dont Believe Me ?? ---> He named his first band White Zombie after a 1932 horror film called White Zombie

I for one LOVE the brutal scenes ( As I Stated ) I love allot of things but compared to his previous movies it simply fell short. ( In My Opinion ) Short of the average standard... I really dont think he will be happy with it in the end.

Overall.... I think I would LOVE to see Rob create something from scratch.... I think THATS when you will see his brilliant style surface ! Its hard to make a remake BUT even harder to create something from scratch.... i.e. "Superbeasto"

( When your making a remake your already half way - the customer is already half sold on the idea )

When you make a original ( You Have To Convince The Customer To Watch It )

just my .02 ---> ( No Offense )

Darkblood
08-29-2009, 09:59 PM
I saw it today and liked it.
I heard from a friend going in that it was 'different' and not typical Halloween movie.
I like that Rob made it his own...
Did it have plotholes/issues...sure.
Was it brutal...yep.
The difference was nice in my opinion. The end was predictable and I saw it coming but very few movies catch me off guard.
It was cool to see the Ex Mortis Stalkaround and the Scarefactory Pumpkin King at the rave/party. Weird Al was a nice cameo too!

My two cents.
Kirk

Speculo
08-29-2009, 10:36 PM
A few other fun things to look for...

If you look really carefully in the Uncle Meats Java Hole you can see a NETHERWORLD Bumper sticker on the register, I also saw one in the girls room I think. At the Rave, when Michael "grabs" her that is our custom Giant Werewolf puppet. In one of the rave background shots is this huge toothy monster that is one of our props. That was also our Pumpkin King, Wayne Toth brought his own stalkaround, but our actor Mike Kasiske was wearing it. That is also our MYERS tombstone in the scene where they have Laurie in the glass coffin.

We got that giant Pumpkin from them that was in the square, and of all things that metal screen door on the security shack that he axes the guard against. We could have taken that entire security shack but it was SUPER heavy and pre scored to bust apart.

We rented a ton of props to them for that Phantom Jam and there were lots of our folks there, but those were the items I saw on the first go around.

See if you can spot em!

Thanks!

maliciousstudios
08-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Ben Thats F*CKIN AWESOME !! I seen the stalk around and a few other props here and there ( I missed the bumper sticker ) But wow... that is cool.

All in all the movie wasnt bad.... rarely do I give a movie really high marks... 8 out of 10 is usually the highest.. ( Maybe movies dont scare me as they did in my childhood )

Even though there have been a few.... I was really rating it against Robs previous work.

I wish I could have been there ( Do you know if Toby Sells did any work for them "Since hes in the Atlanta area ?" )

Darkblood
08-30-2009, 08:37 AM
Hey Ben!
That's awesome!
I remember the Myers tombstone and you saying earlier it was from Netherworld.
I'll definitely watch it again (maybe DVD?) and look for the other stuff!
That's awesome!

Kirk

StackerSteve
08-30-2009, 12:41 PM
I was wondering if I saw some of those props before. Damn cool!
It is what it is. If ya saw it and don't like it then what can one say? It just bothers me when people are walking in expecting to see a spin off of Halloween 2 1980something. I went in to it with an open mind that the manes were the same and the mask was similar. I was expecting what I saw. It just irks me when they compare the two or even old vs new. I just looked at it as a new movie from scratch. I know it wasn't but it worked for me.
I love Zombie's first two movies and wish he'd continue on that path. Hollywood is just pumping us full of remakes and in a way he did sell out and get on that gravy train.
To each their own. If you saw it and dig it, cool! If you saw it and disliked it, what can be said? It is what it is. If you're going to see it, don't expect to see anything like the old Myers.

So where does this film fall at this time? Is it considered a flop yet? Just wondering.

StackerSteve
08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2009/08/halloween-3d-coming-in-summer-2010.html

I just posted this in the movie section. I can hear the cheers now.:rolleyes:

MorgueofDoom
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I liked the movie. There were some things I didn't care for and some things I think could have been done differently, but it's not my movie. I will say, I don't think anybody could have done it better. It's a very brutal movie, typical of Rob Zombie's style. However, as a sound designer my biggest complaint was the overdone SFX. There were also 3 other things I thought could have been done differently but I will not mention anything here as I don't want to give anything away to those who may not have seen the movie yet. If you've seen the movie you may know what I'm talking about. Overall, I liked the movie. It has it's flaws, but nothing is perfect. I will say, I liked Halloween (2007) better.

MMManiac
08-31-2009, 12:23 PM
seeing how much I enjoyed the first remake, I like others was dissapointed. It was still good to a point but expected a lot more. Also did anyone else get the feeling throughout the movie that michaels sister was going to end up being the killer. At the end (i dont want to give anything away) when she was in the shed i thought it was going to be a twist that michael really was dead and she was killing everyone since she was seeing the same visions and what not...

Hard to explain what I mean without giving away too much... Hope ya followed! lol

graystone
08-31-2009, 04:54 PM
sucks!!!!!!!!!

Ben cool stuff man. I am sorry guys but why does Rob Zombie always make movies into trailer park trash? And does no one other than his damn wife ever show up for casting calls? GOOD GRIEF! Thats one thing I loved this year about the new Friday 13th movie it was just like the original slasher movie of the 80's and I loved that! Rob has changed the look of the mask, hes wearing a damn hoodie and I am surprised he was not in baggy ass pants hanging down past his ass showing his boxers! Hell why not add a pick comb in his hair and a hand full of food stamps and go all out with the NEW MICHAEL MYERS!

John you have got to put a stop to this and fast! PLEASE DON'T LET HIM RUIN THIS CLASSIC ANYMORE THAN HE ALREADY HAS! Please bring Michael Myers back to the way true Myers fans loves him! Shane and its if you loved it fine but I have had my say! Shane this time!

MMManiac
08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Amen Brother Shane!

graystone
08-31-2009, 06:29 PM
My best buddy good to see ya my friend! I have missed ya! Shane and its you better come to TransWorld 2010! Shane this time!

maliciousstudios
08-31-2009, 07:26 PM
" hes wearing a damn hoodie and I am surprised he was not in baggy ass pants hanging down past his ass showing his boxers! Hell why not add a pick comb in his hair and a hand full of food stamps and go all out with the NEW MICHAEL MYERS! "

How do you direct someones vision of Halloween towards descreat racial comments ? ( WOW )

sorry but that offended me.... and its wow shane what are you saying shane this time ?

graystone
08-31-2009, 08:25 PM
I am sorry if for some reason that offended you. I have been offended many times in life myself and have came to the conclusion that I will just have to get over it. For the record would you have been as offended if I said why not stick a taco in his hand or maybe some chop sticks what about this we hear this in the South all the time just make him barefoot because he could not afford shoes.

I tell you what offends me when I call a company and they say press 1 for English. WTF how about if you don't speak English then you freekin press 1 why do I have to? You see Maliciousstudios it was not ment to " offend " anyone but just my way of expressing how I feel. Life is short man don't let a little thing like this bother you if I can live with things that offend me in life I am sure you can to. Shane and its I still say it SUCKED! Shane this time.

maliciousstudios
09-01-2009, 10:00 AM
I do understand... but lets not bring race, creed, or color into such a dumb debate anyways.... ( Hell Im offended all the time ) I get over it pretty fast.... I just thought we were heading in the wrong direction....lmfao ( Thanks for clearing it up and taking it a different direction )

"No I dont like the taco in hand or chopsticks comments either" <--- changing it to a race that Im not as familiar with doesnt make it better...lmfao

I know you probrably didnt mean anything by it but lets just say the characters where trashy or dirty ( Im FAR from perfect and it seems that my foot never leaves my mouth.... LMFAO ) I dont want to stand on a pedestal here cause IM NOT THAT GUY...lol....

I do understand, ( This is no little thing ...dont make light of it ) and yes I do get upset when I have to press 1 if I speak english.....

( Hmmm I wonder what the native indians had to press ? )

Thats what gets me to keep my cool about "My country" afterall it was never "My land" in the first place.... so I just sigh and press 1

( And yes.... it was not a good movie....lol )

( And yes..... Im already over it )

And its Shane relax and take a breath before you press 1 Shane this time !

Mad Wax Sculptor
09-04-2009, 10:25 AM
I was disappointed but enjoyed it to an extent. I think I got my hopes up too high. What was up with ghost mom? Is it me or was she wearing her costume from the living dead girl video? Why didnt he reuse the same kid from the first movie. I like the fact It did have a few old school scares. I really liked the first one but had a hard time buying into this one.

Darkangel
09-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Shane,

Exellent post, your comments were honest no need to apologize at all. That description could include all the many white, asian, or hispanic kids who have the same style these days. Zombie is killing Myers off its terrible to see he sucks as a producer and has no creativity.

Darkangel

maliciousstudios
09-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Shane,

Exellent post, your comments were honest no need to apologize at all. That description could include all the many white, asian, or hispanic kids who have the same style these days. Zombie is killing Myers off its terrible to see he sucks as a producer and has no creativity.

Darkangel

yeah lmfao, that is true... its the latest craze... white kids,hispanics, and asian kids love using hair pics....lmfao... NOW THATS FUNNY !

( Shane didnt mean it to come off the way it came out ) Its hard to take things in text...we seem to miss things like humor, tone of voice an etc. it is VERY easy to be taken the wrong way... Im over it lets move on

jack
09-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Curious. Why'd you take offense at Shane's implied 'why not dress Myers like a hoodrat?' comment, but have no problem with the ACTUAL morphing of Myers into trailer trash?

Let's be honest, that's Zombikes shtick. He's up to his ass in white trash sterotypes. Obvious white trash stereotypes...is that okay? You seem to have no problem with it--but the suggestion that he was possibly adding a >black< trash stereotype with the hoodie was offensive? Come on.

Personally, I think Zombies fixation on white trash stereotypes works against the movies he tries to create. House worked, but the exploration of the idea--which is what many hoped Devils Rejects would be--was abandoned in favor of a white trash psuedo-grindhouse crap slpatterfest.

And the Halloweens have been sheer disappointment.

And yes, let's put Sheri somewhere else for a while.

maliciousstudios
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
It was a simple statement Shane said which I said I actually thought had value. Apparently the comment I made was a bit advanced ? I simply stated that the argument was whether or not the movie was decent or not.... maybe you should rewind and see what I said in the beginning.... later I stated that I didnt think that it was quite right to make a statement in the way it was made... case was closed ( Why are we finding the need to re-hash it ? ) Im over it, ( You act as if you think Im black ? ) I find any prejudice comment about another race invalid. Shane did not mean to come off that way.... he was simply stating what I had already stated that they were portrayed as dirty trashy people... Case Closed lets move on.

Yes, I too hope that he will move away from the Halloween movies... some like him for their reasons some dont ( I have respect for him ) you may not. But then again I like Marilyn Manson and you prob. I hope if he decides to make more movies that he will make something original and stay away from the classics... we will soon have to endure remakes like Hotel Hell, Childs Play, Nightmare On Elm Street and etc.

Lets speak of the movies and leave the B.S. out ( Please ? )

maliciousstudios
09-04-2009, 08:20 PM
"And yes, let's put Sheri somewhere else for a while. "

Yeah she has been there ALLOT...lmfao.... but lets not forget the rest of the cast... I guess they became great friends and enjoy working together ?
( THATS COOL ) they do seem to do well together.... ( My opinion )

I think hes decent at what he ( Zombie ) does.... but he is definetly missing something.... We will see if he ever does better IF he makes one ENTIRELY of his own....

HALLOWEEN 3 in 3D.....

Wow... I think this is a mistake, but then again how can anyone go wrong with todays 3D technology ?? THANK GOD Zombie isnt directing it but then again it could be a way to redeam himself.... hmmm.... I know you guys hate Zombie, but like I said before Ive liked the guy for his style way before White Zombie and Halloween....

eric
09-06-2009, 09:35 PM
i guess im white trash,cause i love all his movies.i just couldnt get past myers wearing a hoodie and man bag.other than that i liked the movie.i think the h3d movie will suck.but will see it to say i saw it.

maliciousstudios
09-07-2009, 06:13 PM
Im white trash too...lmfao

jack
09-09-2009, 04:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" hes wearing a damn hoodie and I am surprised he was not in baggy ass pants hanging down past his ass showing his boxers! Hell why not add a pick comb in his hair and a hand full of food stamps and go all out with the NEW MICHAEL MYERS! "

How do you direct someones vision of Halloween towards descreat racial comments ? ( WOW )

Well, it was that statement that got me. And my comment was geared towards the simple fact that white trash stereotypes are okay....but black trash stereotypes cross some line....and it looked like you felt that Shane's comment crossed that line, y'know? And I was curious to know, if it did, and why one seemed okay, and the other 'invalid'.

But it wasn't a big thing--just curiosity.

Regarding Zombie--I'd like him to dump the white trash angle--or use it well. Right now it feels tacked on, as if being white trash is the only reason he can think of to explain why someone is screwed up.

I saw House as a TCM variant--one that worked and was open to further exploration.
I saw TDR as useless, a waste of interesting characters
And the Halloweens......sigh.

I happen to enjoy Manson, though his newer stuff leaves something to be desired. A while back, when Zombie was still in makeup I said that he was like the Munsters version and Marilyn Manson was the Addams Family.

maliciousstudios
09-09-2009, 05:55 PM
My feelings are mutual... ( about Halloween )

Even though the comments werent meant to be racial in any way.... the definition of racial comment or racist comment is

Definition:

1. animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races

2. belief in racial superiority: the belief that people of different races have different qualities and abilities, and that some races are inherently superior or inferior

( LMFAO ) I dont think a racial comment towards your own race counts...lmfao )

( Shane and its Im sorry for taking you the wrong way SHANE this time ! )

And Its

Insane ... and its this friggin post is driving me friggin crazy insane THIS TIME !

Lets move on....lmfao

I WANNA SEE ZOMBIELAND.... and hey I HAVE TO SEE SAW 5 ( or is it 6 1/2 ? )
its going to be painfull to watch a kickass movie like SAW take a nose dive but I CANT NOT SEE IT...