PDA

View Full Version : Tracking your customers by zip code, state, age, you name it

drfrightner
01-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Last year we had over 10,000 people give us information that we're now using to figure out where our customers come from, how old they are, what part of the city they live in and more importantly what their email address is. I know have over 14,000 emails of my customers!!!

I can send out email blasts like no ones business and I did it all in one year. I plan on doubling the amount of emails I take in next year with contests and more. Last year they had to answer four questions to download a coupon and it worked to the tune of 11,000.

I also collected over 4,000 online sales names and address's.

Anyway here are some interesting info... And ADAM (hauntedillinois) this one is for you buddy!

My customers what states did they come from.

Missouri 53% of my customer came from Missouri
Illinois 43% of my customers came from Illinois
4% of my customers came from other states other than MO or ILL

4% is worth marketing for ... I got most of that business from banners ads on Hauntworld.com or HauntedHouse.com or whatever. People scanning the web looking for attractions to visit is now atleast for me up to 4% of my business.

Does anyone track this kind of data for their haunts...share some info.

Larry
[/img]

Jim Warfield
01-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope and guess? That people of the haunted house customer age bracket do not change their e-mails as often as they change their addreses.
I once compiled a mailing list, sent out advertising cartoons and about 1/4 of the mailings returned because people had moved in that 12 to 6 month time period.
Many first time visitors here are scared to share their names, addresses with The Ravens Grin Inn in spooky Mount Carroll.
They could tell I was going to be sending them extorsion letters demanding payment or their first-born girl-child, or something like that........
(like I got nothing else to do?)

jason
02-08-2007, 10:36 AM
larry, how did you go about getting this information? did you just have employees stop customers for the survey? did you reward the customers for filling out a form?