PDA

View Full Version : What's up with that new Transworld flyer?

robert
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I just received a new flyer from Transworld and I don't know what to make of it. Is it a HAUNT SHOW or what the flyer calls it...The HALLOWEEN & ATTRACTIONS Show. For a HAUNT show the art has me puzzled. The art is more about general ATTRACTIONS than haunts. It's almost as though the old "Halloween & Party" side of the show has been replaced by general attractions....Waterslide??? This seems like IAAPA territory to me. Also what is a "New non-traditional industry association partnership"? I'm confused. Thanks.

kpolley
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I said the same thing. It's the worst marketing language and graphics they could have chosen. Not a thing on it whether it be title or imagery tells you it is a show for haunted attractions. This could turn into a disaster. I'm displeased.

Jonathan
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
I thought the exact same thing when I saw it last week.

But hey HCP show is in Rosemont. Party at Crowne a few weeks before Haunt Show may be in order.

Jordan24
09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah, not really sure where a waterpark ties into haunts or Halloween at all for that matter?

maliciousstudios
09-01-2009, 03:37 PM
YAY !!! It looks like the Transworld show will now be held at a water park !!

LMFAO

Remember when everyone wanted to bring the kiddies ?? Now you can !!

"All vendors must of course have water proof products"

And the only rule this year is ((( NO PEEING IN THE POOL ! )))

Just imagine... you will float through the isles on your water raft looking at all the new stuff then at the end of the isle YOU WILL DROP VIOLENTLY DOWNWARD....lol....DOWN THE SLIDE to the next level of Water proof items sold by even more vendors....

SOUNDS LIKE FUN TO ME !!! ( SIGN ME UP )

Are we allowed to bring our beer to the show floor ??

drfrightner
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm not a fan of the waterslide either... doesn't make any sense! However what they are trying to do now is attract more than just haunted houses but to include more Halloween attractions such as corn mazes, pumpkin patches, more amusement parks more vendors from the amusement industry, blah, blah but again I still don't get the water slide but oh well.

Larry

Jim Warfield
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
It's excessive saliva running from the promoter's pitchmens' mouths ! Gotta talk it up!
Enough saliva was generated to make a waterslide work! Now we are talking!
...unless it is a forecasted warning about big potential problems with the sewer lines in the building?

DarkTikiEntertainment
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
To me it looks like it's a magic water slide that turns people into Halloween characters! It doesn't make any sense, but it's pretty damn cool. I want to go down it!

maliciousstudios
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
no peeing in the pool !

Tater
09-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Am I the only one that got the HCP show flyer and not the Haunt Show flyer? I got ads of Lingerie Shows and everything and yall get a picture of a slide. I was starting to feel ripped off but then I started thinking about it

hsmag
09-05-2009, 12:37 AM
Tater, I also got the one for the Halloween Costume and Party show that's returning to Rosemont next year. I didn't look over everything. I seen the theater marquee and a couple of the photos on the film roll but I tossed it. I would like to see a scan of said waterslide though. This has me confused. Did I miss something?

Tater
09-05-2009, 09:55 AM
No we didnt get the slide on our flyer...we just get the girls. I think somehow larry is behind it trying to send me to the wrong show. And before anyone gets mad...Im just kidding, I know hes not doing it

hsmag
09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Is there any way I could get a flier with the girls in lingerie ON the slide?? lol

Transworld is becoming too confusing with the multiple fliers for different shows.

And Larry? Behind this mailer fiasco? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me! -cue suspenseful music- (dum dum dummmm!) :-p

BruiseMuse
09-05-2009, 04:13 PM
The waterslide image that is on the mailer is also on the website: http://www.haashow.com/

Jim Warfield
09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Well, if it's on the website too, then it must be right!

lurker
09-05-2009, 11:38 PM
I’m sensing some negativity here. This is our show. Transworld is just trying to be more inclusive. This year it was the Haunts and Attractions Show….that is us, haunts and attractions. Remember that logo...
http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2007transworld/hauntshowlogo.gif
Nothing says HAUNTED HOUSE like an image of a haunted haunted house, but it doesn't have that broad appeal that say maybe a...water slide with a cabaret style witch popping out of it would have.
Next year it is going to be the Halloween and Attractions show…that is sort of us. We happen during the Halloween season. Lots of other things happen during this season as well, but we are definitely in there. It is important that they branch out. It’s our show, but let it be other folks show too. People like to go to haunts for Halloween, and some folks just want a nice splash on the water slide.
However, I’m not sure how I feel about what they plan on calling in 2011. I think it is slated to be called the Everything But Freakin’ Christmas and Other Abstractions Show. Granted, that is us, we are in that group somewhere, but it may lose some of that “Its our show” magic. Oh well, maybe there will be room in that myriad sellers and buyers from all things not Christmas for some scantily clad lingerie girls. It’s the small things in life that makes it all worth wild.