PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Syndicate

Mr. Chips
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
I've been off this forum for a pretty long time and most of you probably don't even remember me. I don't have a professinal haunted house since I'm only 14, but I do aspire to become a professinal haunter(that or a Navy SEAL). Anyways, I've had "Born of the Night" for about a year now, and I know all of the songs in order and all of their names because I listen to it so much. I listen to it in my room, when I'm working out, and of course, during Halloween. Now I want to buy a new one, but I'm not sure which. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get "Realm of Shadows" but I just want some input as to which CD you guys like the most. Also, If you have any other non-Midnight Syndicate CD's you like, please let me know. Thanks! :D

Raycliff Manor
01-25-2007, 03:25 PM
My favorite is 13th Hour. You also want to check out Virgil's music as well! His website is www.virgilmusic.net

Kel

Mr. Chips
01-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I just bought Realm of Shadows :wink: . Don't stop posting and stuff though, I'm curious to see which one is the most popular for when I buy another one.

ClusterOne
01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
They have a newish one called Out of the Darkness, it's a compilation of sorts. kind of a greatest hits. Very cool album.

If you check out Virgil look into Dark Hollow. My personal fav.

Jonathan
01-25-2007, 03:42 PM
I like the 13th from MS as well. Out of the Darkness s a good find too and really gets you all the different sides of MS.

Mr. Chips
01-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Any opinions on "Realm of Shadows" which I just bought? Is it better or worse than "Born of the Night"? :shock:

MDKing
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
They are all awesome, you can never go wrong with ANY of te Midnight Syndicate CD's. Kel is right, check out Virgil's as well! I have the clown one and it's great!

Allan

Mr. Chips
01-25-2007, 06:31 PM
I read that Brigantine Castle is "...the most sought after CD in haunting history...a MUST HAVE..." Is this true? The cover of it looks super cheesey. Check it out here (http://www.hauntedhousesupplies.com/haunted_house_music.htm).

virgil
01-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Gates of Delirium is, above all the other work that
MS has done, my all-time favorite.

I don't think the Ed and Gavin have released a
"bad" CD. Believe me, I've picked their music
apart several times over and it's pristine in every
sense of the word from composition to post production.
They set the bar way high for the rest of us!! :wink:

Thanks for the kudos on my muse as well folks!
It's always a thrill to have folks enjoy what I do. :D

Mr. Chips
01-25-2007, 08:01 PM
Viril, are you a professinal haunted house music maker, or do you just make these CD's out of your garage? :shock:

Jonathan
01-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Virgil is a PRO Haunt Music Maker. Top quality CDs and music.

I personally Love Klown and Dark Hollow. We feature both Virgil's and MS music on our show.

I am excited to hear some new Virg. stuff at TW.

virgil
01-26-2007, 06:29 AM
Viril, are you a professinal haunted house music maker, or do you just make these CD's out of your garage? :shock:

Thanks for the clarification Jon! :wink:

I've been writing haunt music for the last 4 years
but have been a composer/ arranger for well over
25.... lost count due to my age I suppose! :wink:

I have a BA in Music from Indiana State University
and a Master's in Music Technology from Indiana University;
the number one school of music in the USA!! (Go IU!) :D

The whole of my income is made from music; teaching, arranging,
composing and selling. So, I guess that makes me a professional.

My studio is in my home as the garage is way too cold
this time of year! :lol:
That, and it's hard to fit all that gear in my Dodge Caravan!! :twisted:

MDKing
01-26-2007, 06:42 AM
Larry Bird and Virgil, ISU's finest!!!!

Allan

screamlinestudios
01-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I like the newer Midnight Syndicate CD's myself. All of them are well produced and very well done.

There is definetly a difference between Midnight Syndicate and Virgil - both of them are great in their own respects.

I love the variety that Virgil offers.

Feel free to pop by our site if you want to order any of them. :D

Empressnightshade
01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Gates of Delirium gets my vote, as well! It's not like one random song to the next, but rather tells a story of sorts through the asylum.

Everyone has mentioned Virgil's music of which I agree 100%!! Fabulous stuff the man puts out and what's so great about his music is that he has found his own sound. Great music that's not just for haunting. :)

SomeThingInTheIce
01-26-2007, 02:21 PM
The 13th Hour but I love all their stuff.

Mr. Chips
01-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Gates of Delirium gets my vote, as well! It's not like one random song to the next, but rather tells a story of sorts through the asylum.
I think "Born of the Night" tells a pretty good story as well :D I noticed that nobody voted for "Realm of Shadows". Do you guys have any comments on it. Is it good as well?

Mr. Chips
01-26-2007, 11:25 PM
bump ^ please reply ^

virgil
01-27-2007, 05:18 AM

That's one of the reasons I love it. It takes you in....
what a ride!!

bodybagging
01-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Personally I LOVE Born of the night!!!!!!!!!!!! WAS MY FAVORITE , Always played it in my Hearse until some stinky ole girl sat her butt down on it making it a 2 piece CD collection, problem is, it just doesnt play anymore..... Sigh

Mr. Chips
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Does anyone have any comments on "Realm of Shadows"? :shock:

Darkblood
01-27-2007, 03:57 PM
I have Born of the Night, Realm of Shadows, Vampyre, and 13th Hour.
I looked in Spirits this year but no Gates of Delirium :(
I'll have to order it...
But for Mr. Chips...Realm in my book is similar to Born. They were the first two I purchased years ago and played over and over. If you like Born I'm pretty sure you'll like Realm...:)
Vampyre and 13th Hour are awesome too, but a little different...you can tell it's MS for sure, and by different I don't mean bad...because all the albums are awesome!
So get them all!

Kirk :twisted:

Mr. Chips
01-28-2007, 12:55 AM
hmmm. Thanks for the comments :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: im watching you...

screamline studios
01-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I ama huge victorian era fan so it has to be 13 hour for myself and second would be gates

SCREAMLINE STUDIOS

Jason blaszczak

Mr. Chips
04-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I got Realm of Shadows and it's awesome. I listen to it every night when I do homework. :D

damon carson
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM
I would have to say Born of the Night is still the best in my opinion but 13th hour has some good stuff too!
Damon

drfrightner
04-11-2007, 02:48 AM
I LIKE THE FIRST ONE THE BEST...

I EVEN GAVE A FRIEND OF MINE A COPY WHO IS A UFC FIGHTER... HE ENTERS THE RING TO THAT SONG. I THINK IT WAS TRACK FOUR BUT NOT SURE...

LARRY

Infraredkelp
04-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Does anyone know if they're currnetly making a new CD? I have Born of the Night and Realm of Shadows and I love 'em!

Nightmaretony
04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
They are working on 2 soundtracks, Sinjin Smyth and The Dead Matter. Keeps them busy.

Infraredkelp
04-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Dead Matter isn't one of their soundtracks. There are making a soundtrack for the movie called "Dead Matter".

Jim Warfield
04-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I am totally different here. I don't have them, am not familiar with them. Last November we could not have heard the unexplained ghostly singing coming from the wine cellar at 1:55AM if there had been a sound track playing in the place.
All three of us, myself and two young women were VERY IMPRESSED by that 6 or 7 seconds of lyrical mystery, no speakers, no recored anything and certainly not any live person able to do this. The one girl has not returned as of yet, she was very scared all the way back to Chicago her friend informed me.
The "Voice" seemed to be coming from the 12 ft. high stone arched ceiling almost directly above us, 6 ft. of dirt on top of that, the house on top of the dirt.

Nightmaretony
04-24-2007, 08:37 AM
They are working on 2 soundtracks, Sinjin Smyth and The Dead Matter. Keeps them busy.

Dead Matter isn't one of their soundtracks. There are making a soundtrack for the movie called "Dead Matter".

Dude...wait, what?