PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Hauntworld Forum gathering

mindtumor
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok, it was suggested we start a new thread on this so here we go. A bunch of us have decided to get together on Friday the 23rd at 6:00 p.m. at Giordano's pizza place, on West Higgins Road. I guess we are kind of starting a roll call for this so who is in? I have 4 adults in my group. Since it is a hauntworld type gathering I suggest some of us wear our hauntworld shirts so we know who all is in the group. What does everyone else interested in going think?

MindWerxKMG
01-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Count me in!

Nightgore
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Count myself and my fiance in! Can't wait... -Tyler

PS: I love the pizza there, it's only THE BEST!

Jonathan
01-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I am all about getting together, I will see how the schedule lies with my covering the Dreamreapers attraction that night. But I am down for it.

ClusterOne
01-27-2007, 12:44 AM
My brother and I will be there.

Can't wait to meet everyone!

gadget-evilusions
01-27-2007, 05:43 AM
We will try our best, there are 5 of us. We don't have hauntworld shirts, but I think 5 of us in Evilusions shirts should give us away.

Raycliff Manor
01-27-2007, 07:24 AM
4 adults in our group and Mari, our Raycliff Manor House Manager, has been saying we have to find some good Chicago Pizza! We'll do everything we can to be there!

Kel

Haunted Illinois
01-27-2007, 08:50 AM
I'd like to be there, but I was planning on being at Dream Reapers on Friday. :(

Nightgore
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Isn't DR that night? I was thinking like around 8-9? IDK.. -Tyler

Haunted Illinois
01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
No. The show hours for Dream Reapers, as listed on their website, are 6-10pm. And if you are acting there, you have to be there much earlier to get into costume.

Jonathan
01-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Thats what RFR is doing. We will be at the event recording audio walk throughs, guests reactions and interviews and also catch up with the guest actors, Ken and others from the DR attraction.

But we will see, too much to do, too little time.

Jim Warfield
01-27-2007, 12:35 PM
I plan on being at Transworld on friday, I will be there by myself and there will not be any adults in my group!
I will be leaving in the middle of the afternoon to be able to get home in time to do tours at my house (2 1/2 hr. drive)
For the last several years I am pretty busy Transworld weekend and most of them are customers who have never heard of a thing called Transworld?

mindtumor
01-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I didn't realize DR was Friday night, we could always do Saturday instead. Also I don't think everyone has to wear the Hauntworld shirts, just a few people so we can get an idea of where the group is.

Nightgore
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
We should do something every night since some people will only be there ONE DAY! lol. I will only be able to attend on that Friday. Then, some people can only attend other days... it's just a big mess of scheduling issues.

I for one will be at the pizza place on Friday, gathering or not. I just LOVE the food there. I am leaving on Sat. at 7.... So ALL my TW activities are done of Friday! IDK. -Tyler

Nicole
01-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Doh! We're doing DR too on Friday night!!! Then maybe our traditional Tiki Bar?! :( Maybe the "gathering" should move to DreamReapers!?!

ClusterOne
01-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Except for the people working it, I don't see why we can't go to DR after some pizza. Get there around 6, eating by 7, leave by 8...still gives ya two hours to make it.

Or if some people stay at the pizza joint too long to make it that night, they can always go to DR on Saturday night. For the people going to the party on Sat night, it doesn't open till 9:30...not really going to get going till 10. So we should be able to do it all!

Empressnightshade
01-28-2007, 11:03 AM
I won't be able to do it all! :(

I'm going to Jim's place on Friday and working in Dream Reapers Saturday. PLUS, I'm catching the plane out at 6am Sunday!!!!!
Midnight Evil and I were talking about what an insane schedule I've cut out for myself. HELP!!!

Nightgore
01-28-2007, 11:07 AM
I think the "Ravens Grinn Inn" is open later.... I'm sure you could stop by for awhile and head to Jim's to catch it with plenty of time. IDK the exact hours though.

JIM! HELP!

-Tyler

Kevin Dells
01-28-2007, 12:52 PM
Let me shed a little light here as to whats been disscussed on many Illinois haunt forums.
As far as Dream Reapers goes, they have tons of extras coming in to scare as always. My crew is performing Friday Night and a few of us on saturday. RFR your best bet if you want to see some real sick individuals is come on friday.
My crew consists of 15 from Screamfest and their soo Nasty and thats the girls!

On saturday only a few of us will be there but many others from out of state will be in place,something i have helped set up through myspace groups. I will be there as i am going to meet and greet out of state actors and im hoping to talk a few more of mine into staying if possible. Last Chance to scare owners in Chicago,just may work!
Either way with the changes that DR made over the last two years and their awesome crew to begin with both nights will be off the charts!
And with the hum of the last year to be a host they are really talking about bringing it to everybody that weekend!

Since we act all weekend we also love to party our butts off when done, so i know for a fact that the party at the Crowne this year is going to be a huge gahtering of actors,owners and freaks in general.

If you all came out to the Crowne after Dream Reapers there will probably be a spot to talk amongst yourselves if you like or join in on the party and chat with everyone. Just a thought.
And Empress you can always join up with my crew for the weekend, we have our schedule down to the last second!

Also just to add to the craziness if you haven't read, Fangora Magazine is also holding a convention a few miles away at the Wyndam Hotel.
Horror buffs will love this, they are bringing in a LOT of horror movie actors to sign autographs. Thats where I"ll be on staurday during the day hopefully taking a trophy for most discusting costume as my favorite character Babyman!

More info on this at Fangora .com

Nightgore
01-28-2007, 12:59 PM
So, ... When and where? We NEED someone to just be like..

"HEY... BE HERE AT THIS TIME! BE THERE!"... LOL! I am still confused as to the gathering/HW.com meet-up.

LARRY!!!!! You run these forums, what is best for you? -Tyler

mindtumor
01-28-2007, 05:16 PM
I didn't realize DR would be open Friday and Saturday so I guess no matter what the people working there aren't going to make a gathering unless it is Thursday or Sunday or whatever. How about we just make it for 6:00 p.m. Friday the 23rd at Giodonas on West Higgins like some of us said and if there is only a few people there for that one then so be it. There is always the possiblity of getting together for more than one night. So I guess I will be there Friday like Clusterone suggested. Who else would like to make it Friday.

Nightgore
01-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm ALL FOR FRIDAY!!! Probably the best bet for most haunters too. -Tyler

mindtumor
01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Cool, so I will see you that Friday. Anyone else?

Ken Spriggs
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Damn proofreaders!

We are opening from 7pm till 10pm
Friday will be the night for the behind the scenes tour.
Since this is the last time for us....we would (I would) like to not do the behind the scenes on Saturday night so we can hang out and DRINK!!!!

Of course we will be changing costumes so no one knows who is who!!!

Kevin Dells
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
7-10 thats all i get to scare these goons for!! I say Let em and Lock em in and lets tear them apart slowly!

Treat them like Barbie dolls, I"ll play with them and you rip their heads off! Ehh A$$HOLE!

ClusterOne
01-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Ok, so after that little hiccup, looks like we are back for Friday.

Let me do a little role call here:
Mindtumor - yes - 4 people
MindWerxKMG - yes - 1 person
Tyler - Yes - 2 people
Jonathan rfr - maybe - 1 or more
Clusterone - yes - 3 people
Brian evilusions - most likely - 5 people
Kel R.Manor - Most likely - 4 people
Adam -H.Il - maybe - 1 person
Nicole - Maybe - 1 person
Gwen - maybe - 1 person

10 yes
13 maybe's

Some of you who said you were planning a trip to DR or Jim's that night, I put you down as a maybe. I don't see why you can't do both, like Tyler suggested, just stop by and say hi, no need to hang out for hours if your strapped for time!

Anyone else?

drfrightner
01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Personally you do it on Friday or Saturday DR will be going, but not everyone goes at the same time and eventually they come back.

Just pick a day and run with it. Let me know when and where I'll be there. I just don't know where this pizza place is.

Larry

Jim Warfield
01-28-2007, 11:58 PM
You all have it confused! "Dreamreapers" were at Ravens Grin TONIGHT!
Mostly first-timers!
I had the opportunity for quite an ad-lib comment that everyone of them totally identified with (I think)
I got to the part of my front room routine in which I get real quiet(because I'm dead!)
You could have heard a pin drop ...then I said, "I just love it when the furnace blower decides to turn off at the same time I tell you that I'm dead!
Man! This guy is really dead! The furnace stopped running when he said he was dead!"
"Timing", it's all in the T-t-ttiming!"---- Steve Martin quote.

Now about the possibility of coming here during Transworld.
It is a 2 1/2 hr drive to here, one way, so there's 5 hrs of car-time for the night. A tour of this place usually takes 90 minutes. At the end of the tour I used to say to Transworlders, "I have some bad news for you all, you got the same tour that I give to everyone!" .... Pretty much. Yup!
So I am open til 12 midnight but if you are still on your way here and the time is getting close or you get lost on the road, give us a call and let us know or we will give you directions, whatever?
"Ravens Grin, only minutes from anywhere if you drive FAST!"
The local motel seems to be out of business. The door to their swimming pool was hanging open today when I drove passed it, no tracks in the snow around the place.
I called this place "The Deadman's Motel" ever since a man's body was discovered in his month-rented room. He had been dead for a month. His rent came due again, good thing the air conditioner was on that summer he laid there rotting.
The motel manager never noticed that the guys' car hadn't moved in a month!?

ClusterOne
01-29-2007, 01:55 AM
For Larry and anyone else who missed it, heres the location.

Giodona's Pizza
Rosemont
9415 W. Higgins Rd.
(847)292-2600

From memory it was less then 5 minutes away from the convention center.

mindtumor
01-29-2007, 06:16 AM
Ok, so lets all make it Friday at 6:00 p.m for sure. If anyone needs to know where Giodona's is I will try and post a map.

mindtumor
02-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Alright, I am leaving tomorrow morning so I guess this is just a reminder to those of us going, Giodona's on Friday night 6:00 pm. If anyone else wants to do anything else on a different day just let me know. I will be in Chicago Wednesday night to Sunday. See everyone there!

Jim Warfield
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Ravens Grin Inn will be open Wednesday night!
Of course I'm open almost every night of the entire year.
See the website for driving directions: hauntedravensgrin.com

Gore Galore
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I wish we could attend, but we will be in the fashion show on Friday at 5 to 8.
If the time or day changes please let us know.

bodybagging
02-20-2007, 05:46 PM
BodyBag Entertainment, will be guest acting at DR on Friday night, and willl be hanging out at the crowne afterwards and all night saturday!, look us Up!!!!!!!