PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Turn Outs Ever for Actors

drfrightner
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
At Darkness we had about 250 people apply, and about the same at Creepyworld and more call each and every single day. Is anyone else having this problem? Is this a problem? I've never seen so many people apply for these jobs! Wow!

Larry

Allen H
09-16-2009, 03:25 PM
With minimal advertising I had over 100 show up for 35 jobs. So we are in the same boat.
We also had a record for actors who wanted to return.

chuck weber
09-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Gimmie a break, Larry don't you think anybody half interested in halloween and haunted houses and having fun would want to work for YOU at the DARKNESS and CREEPYWORLD?

It would be an honor to be hired there (in my opinion) since you and JIM are nationally known and famous for your great attractions. Not even mentioning the horrible job market and people hard up for work, you're offering an awesome opportunity to the community that surrounds you for people to have some fun and make a few bucks. Good luck this season. I'm sure you'll do great (once again). You guys deserve all the credit you get for all the good you do. Continued success! Glad you are having a great turn out for actors and other employees.

damon carson
09-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I dont think I need to but let me spell it out for you. E C O N O M Y. This is good in some ways and bad in others. You could be looking at over 100 people that may never even worked in a haunted house much less stepped inside one. You will really have to weed them out. Make them really try out for the parts to get them. Not sure what all you do but it will take more than just an application to win the part.
Damon

Nightmare_Trance
09-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Larry interviewed all of us himself.

But it was great and at the same time sad to see that many people there to apply. There was a gentlemen in front of me that had been out of work for over a month.

Terrorknight
09-17-2009, 11:28 AM
When we put ads out for actors in Philadelphia we would get back close to 500 apps. We only needed about 45 to 50. A lot of them we never even call in but all people see is job.

Jim Warfield
09-17-2009, 12:51 PM
For any potential employees here:"Are you afraid of possibly supernatural things?"
I have sudenly had very good, competant employees leave to never return when "things" have happened here........

Badger
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
We're hiring 450 and have had close to 700 apply...

scrymnstr
09-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Economy.....It's tough out there. I've been looking for a steady "real"job for 9 months. I interviewed at a place a while back (non haunt related) they had 170 applicants within 24 hours for a job listed on carreerbuilder. At least tattooing part time is helping for now. I am gonna hate it when that money starts drying up.

UnDeRTaKer313
09-18-2009, 04:52 PM
200 applied for 30 spots