PDA

View Full Version : Caller I.D. Spoofing ( Help Ive been SPOOFED ! )

maliciousstudios
09-20-2009, 10:48 PM
There is a new EVIL application running around these days for the IPhone, its called Caller I.D. Spoofing. Tonight my wife and I received separate calls from my brother as a prank... he was using this program on his IPhone that allows the caller to use whatever phone number for caller I.D they choose and then they allow you to change your voice. This means when you receive a call from say ... the police station and hear a voice you have never heard before it could be a prank ! SCARY APPLICATION...LMFAO, I THINK SOMEONES GONNA GET INTO A HEAP OF TROUBLE WITH THIS ONE !

Jim Warfield
09-21-2009, 07:32 AM
"This is the Governor calling. A stay of execution has been granted for Herman Muddgett, otherwise known as H.H.Holmes, do not pull the switch, infact while you're at it just give him $100.00 from petty cash and let him go, a car will be awaiting him at the front gate in 20 minutes."

davidm
09-21-2009, 10:42 AM
You probably won't have to worry about it for long. There are several bills being considered by Congress to make this illegal.

Jim Warfield
09-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Congress will make head transplants illegal too just so we can't change our identity too much and befuddle their surveilence.

Front Yard Fright
09-21-2009, 08:59 PM
I would think this would be VERY illegal! I can only imagine the things people could do with this...
Scary!

LightsAlive
09-27-2009, 01:54 PM
This is nothing new, and not limited to iPhones. It's easy to do with some Centrex phone systems. Ever get a telemarketing call from "000-000-0000?"

But I agree, it sucks to be on the receiving end.

Steve
LightsAlive