PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

Scareview
09-22-2009, 08:17 PM
I know I can go to my local hardware store and get the real thing but who makes realistic weapons? Looking for axes, cleavers, etc.

Scareview
09-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Nevermind..I found one. Screamline Studios. wow..expensive!

graystone
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Actually Screamline is one of the cheapest out there I bought a set from Oak Island a few years back got 6 weapons for like 800 bucks and the did not last the whole season talk about getting ripped! Screamline has the most realistic and best prices out there trust me! Shane and its you cant go wrong with Screamline! Shane this time.

gadget-evilusions
09-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Screamlines's weapons are the best. They put alot of time into making them look realistic and durable. You definetly can't go wrong with them.

screamlinestudios
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks Shane & Gadget!

Here in the Labs at Screamline Studios we are always trying to develop products that are high quality and have value for the consumer. We do not assembly line products or mass produce them in China. Everything is handmade right here in the USA.
There maybe cheaper weapons out there, but I guarantee you won't find them as high quality, detailed and realistic as ours.

By the way, stay tuned for new additions to our weapon line in the next two weeks. You heard it here first folks.

beardedbil
09-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I believe Pale Night has some too... http://www.palenightproductions.com/fxsupplies.html

Scareview
09-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks Screamline, Shane, and Gadget !! I've been looking over them and had my card out ready to make a purchase and then Screamline said that they have some more coming out in two weeks? Maybe I'll wait. Do they take long to ship?

badlander2000
09-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Oak Island produces an inferior product! But, it is good to sort out the good from the bad.

screamlinestudios
09-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Ok..a little more info. we will be releasing one large sized weapon and two smaller hand weapons...Ooohhh.I've said too much! LOL

As far as shipping goes, I like to say 2 weeks normally, however, it all depends on orders in the pipeline so to speak. could be faster or it could be slightly longer.

If you know what you want, shoot me an e-mail and I'll get back to you on a time frame...

steve@screamlinestudios.com

Thanks everyone!

Jim Warfield
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Make sure they are hard-wired to the shelf or wall because some customer might take matters into Their Own Hands, or rather take your weapons into their own hands.
I came very close to losing an eye because of such a deal.
My Son had made a plastic skull covered with clay with a real ice pick sticking out of it's eye socket (one of those needle-thin old ice picks) A goofy growth-spurt 12 yr. old pulled it out of the plastic skull's eye and thrust it toward my eye, very quickly! Eye was quicker but not by much!
A sixth sense alerted me to be extra quick in making any emergency decisions.

scarygoat
09-23-2009, 05:13 AM
Screamlines weapons are AMAZING! The axe I got was extremely high quality. When I got it, it was for a very good price, but I always thought it was almost TOO good of a price considering what you got. Is that why you raised your prices? Like Shane said though, still cheaper.

OdetteDespairr
09-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Go with Screamline, you can't go wrong! I love my Axe i got from them 2 seasons ago it still looks and feels like new, despite the beating i put it thru! With great prices and an amazing staff Screamline makes every effort to ensure that buying from them is an enjoyable process.

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

P.S. Try their airbrush latex, one of the best SFX products out there in my mind!

screamlinestudios
09-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks so much for the compliments on our products. We appreciate the feedback.

Like any company prices are dictated by our costs and what the market will bare. Of course we want to stay in business to provide these types of items, so unfortunately we have to charge a premium for premium quality.

Thanks again,

Gore Galore
09-24-2009, 11:41 AM
I think the weapons Screamline makes are great.

But I do have a question.
Does anyone even realize that Gore Galore has its own weapon line called "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?

Here are a couple pics.

Here is the link.
http://www.gore-galore.com/wmd.php

I always wonder that since we have so many different products now that people may not realize WHAT ALL we have. And with our Giants being what we are known for that they overshadow the smaller less expensive products.

Did anyone see the article of Dee Snider from Twisted Sister in 13th hour. He was holding our Big O pipe in that article. And the pic of the Dent School house character in the HA mag. That is the same pipe.

Sorry, just trying to figure out if we need to do a better job of marketing our different product lines.

Scareview
09-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Kevin,

I thought Gore Galore's weapons looked great and I had looked at some of them on your site! I was just looking for something more specific like an axe. I haven't seen anyone else that makes them. Thanks!

Nightmare_Trance
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
I Like gore galore's bone line weapons. They are really unique and are really good quality. Seen some of them at MHC.

maliciousstudios
09-25-2009, 11:20 PM
DUDE.... you need to check out my buddies from P13 they have the best axe I have ever seen.... they have single and double headed....look for them on Ebay too !!

hsmag
09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
I've seen weapons from Pale Night, Specter Studios (are they still in business?), Gore Galore, Oak Island had some weapons a few years back, and Screamline Studios. Personally I only have a weapon from screamline and it's a hammer. It looks fairly realistic (MUCH more so than the crap you buy at halloween stores) and though the head is made of foam, it's still heavy enough to hurt if you get hit with it. I know this from experience (don't ask. it was a night of too much drinking and a foam hammer from screamline lol). The actual wooden handle is nice though. Gives it a good feel.

The Forsaken Crypt
09-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow Screamline! Those weapons look absolutly amazing! The blood and small details are very impressive!

screamline studios
09-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Thank you Matt !!! it makes us very happy and proud we are part of this industry, and to hear that you like our weapons drives us even more...

Jason Blaszczak
http://screamlinestudios.com (http://screamlinestudios.com/)

P.S just wait to you see the new weapons!!! hot damn

Ken Spriggs
09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Fake weapons?
For what?
Need to get a pic of my weapons room.....all real of course
I will get it up here friday

Tater
09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Just wanted to add a mental note on all of this

I got a Screamline Sledgehammer awhile back and last year forgot about it being in the back of my car with the cases of energy drink and the wig, purse and dress for the old lady character I play. Went to the Dealership to get my car worked on and needless to say they saw it all and started asking questions. I assured them that it was for Halloween and one of the mechanics said " I know SledgeHammers and thats a real sledgehammer" so I took it out to show him and he was amazed. But remember take the stuff outta your car unless you want them giving you looks and asking questions.

ScaredinRI
10-01-2009, 04:43 AM
I have seen Screamlines weapons, and they do look awesome, but one thing worries me as a home haunter that would use them mostly as a static display piece. Are the handles made of real wood?? The last thing I need is some teenager (or older) getting his hands on one and swinging it thinking he/she is joking with their buddies before realizing its real wood and hitting someone with it. We try to have someone watching things at most times, but a few people cant be everywhere at once....

The Forsaken Crypt
10-01-2009, 05:05 AM
ARe the heads on these things extremely durable/ I mean I wouldnt go bashing it but can you hit some stuff with it? Like a fake corpse? and it wont break?

Tater
10-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Yes they are real wooden handles if display i would try to tie or Glue them down

and Yes forsaken they are very durable. Ive had mine for years and not a problem with it

screamline studios
10-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Waffle crotch you are one hand full!!! Like anything in life if abused it will breakdown, however our weapons are durable!! i have seen our weapons in blood manor beaten down to nubs of wood "what a shame" ha ha but he never stops ordering....

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

hsmag
10-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Jason,

I just went to your site and looked at the pic of the hammer and then started looking at the one I bought from you and after looking it over, I realized that the one in the picture on the website is the exact same one I have. The blood splatter, the gaps in the tape and even the knicks in the wooden handle - it's all the same. I thought that was kind of cool!

I plan on using my hammer this weekend at the haunted house! =D

screamlinestudios
10-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I just went to your site and looked at the pic of the hammer and then started looking at the one I bought from you and after looking it over, I realized that the one in the picture on the website is the exact same one I have. The blood splatter, the gaps in the tape and even the knicks in the wooden handle - it's all the same. I thought that was kind of cool!

Well actually every weapons looks exactly the same. Jason painstakingly places every drop of blood, every tape wrap on the handle and every knick in the exact same place with high precision on every piece. His attention to detail is ...buahahahah sorry I couldn't keep it up any more. The truth is Jason haphazardly details every weapon in a drunken stupor and by pure dumb luck "most" of them pass Quality Control.

In regards to the durability - weapons like the sledge hammer are very durable. Weapons such as an axe with a thinner foam head are susceptible to damage if struck into objects such as table edges or props. I would suggest that anytime you are handing over a high quality expensive prop to an Actor, you choose a seasoned qualified person that respects the value of the item and doesn't abuse it. Most damage happens due to neglect.

As a side note, Screamline Studios does offer weapon refurbishing. For about 1/2 the price of a new weapon, if you send your weapon to us and it is salvageable, we will put a new head on it and spruce it up to like new, then send it back to you. Contact me at info@screamlinestudios.com for more information.

Happy Haunting!

hsmag
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I've actually never used mine before, despite the fact that I've had it since 2007. It's not that I didn't want to, but I knew I was going to be hitting walls and didn't want to ruin it for the sake of a quick startle because I think it's so cool. Instead I grabbed an old pipe, wrapped it up in duct tape and beat the hell out of plywood walls. The pipe is now banged up, dented up, misshapen and in poor condition. At this haunt I can't hit the walls so I plan on using the hammer as my "weapon". I'll let you guys know how it goes tonight!

Gore Galore
10-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Steve, Now I know why you designed a line of weapons at Screamline. So you could beat the crap out of one another with them.

LOL

I must say I think the screamline weapons are lovingly made with a high attention to detail and consideration of the rigors of the Haunt. So, keep up the good work.

hsmag
10-03-2009, 02:44 PM
I will say this much: anybody who's looking for a fake weapon, the companies in this industry are where you should buy them! When you buy a fake weapon at a halloween store you're buying an overpriced, cheaply made weapon probably made of plastic and glued together. When you buy weapons from places like Screamline, Gore Galore, Oak Island, you're getting handmade products with attention to detail and while they may be more expensive than the stuff you'd buy at a store, the end result is much better! Personally I'll NEVER buy another weapon from a Halloween store ever again!

The Forsaken Crypt
10-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Mind me if I am asking a dumb question but are the heads made of hard foam? Soft foam? (THis is prolly 90% incorrect but) Styrofoam?. Just curious

hsmag
10-03-2009, 11:09 PM
What the props are made out of depends on who makes them. The ones from Gore Galore, I believe are foam-filled latex with a dowel/fiberglass rod to give it support. The ones from Screamline are wooden handles with foam-rubber heads. They're a dense, semi-hard rubbery material. Hard enough to hit, say, a wooden wall and make a loud noise, but soft enough that it won't punch a hole through the wood. It could still hurt if you hit someone with it, but it's much safer than a real hammer.

The Forsaken Crypt
10-04-2009, 05:52 AM
Ahh okay great! Yeah I'll definatly be buying one soon, Thats really awesome

screamline studios
10-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Matt,

You have many options as far as weapons go!!! different strokes for different folks. you should definitely not buy our weapon based off a couple people!! research what you are really looking for and go from there.

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S You just got to love weapons for actors HAHAHAHAAAHAAAA

The Forsaken Crypt
10-06-2009, 06:42 PM
You are right, I saw that sledge hammer and fell in love with it, I have been brain storming a character for a haunt next year and that sledgehammer is a big part of it

screamlinestudios
10-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that our new pick-axe & hatchet are now up on our web store. Screamline Store (http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/product.sc?productId=33&categoryId=5)

http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/images/CA26.jpg

http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/images/CA25.jpg

http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/images/CA25A.jpg

Screamline Store (http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/product.sc?productId=33&categoryId=5)

Thanks for all the great comments everyone!

Nightmare_Trance
10-09-2009, 09:06 AM
The pick axe is SICK!!! Great work!

OdetteDespairr
10-09-2009, 12:47 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pickaxe!!!! May have to buy it and create a new character around it!

Jackie
Rotting Flesh Radio

scarygoat
10-09-2009, 06:08 PM
I think I just fell in love with that pick-axe. :rolleyes:

Matt Colton
10-11-2009, 07:07 AM
Totally cool

screamlinestudios
10-14-2009, 08:50 AM
Hey folks - quick update. Finally added the last of the three new weapons last night.

The small but deadly Cobbler's Hammer.

http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/images/CA24.jpg

Also updated the web store with some other fun stuff....including the new Video from David Greathouse - Legion of Terror

Check it out

SCREAMLINE (http://shop.screamlinestudios.com/main.sc)

Thanks!

Nightmare_Trance
10-14-2009, 09:01 AM
I could see that being fun as well. Another great one!