PDA

View Full Version : On Line Ticketing Keeps Getting More Advanced

drfrightner
01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Okay guys check this one out...

There is a company about to help the Cleveland Cavs go 100% paper ticketless and allow owners of tickets to transfer ownership by email and much more. go here http://www.flashseats.com

Online ticketing is just getting more and more part of our lives.

At Transworld this year there will be COUNT THEM...

Not ONE

NOT TWO

N O T THREE

But FOUR different companies offering YOU online ticketing this year.

Hard to believe huh...

My advice as far as online ticketing: You need to do it. I do it myself and charge my customers NO service fee and I pay something like 1.6% transaction fee...yeah thats it. Some of you out there signed three year contracts with one company that is RAPING YOU, charging some up to 10% of transaction, your customers up to $2.00 and $1.00 per ticket. This is what I'd call A*S RAPI*G!!!!!!

Either way if you did sign up for long term contract many haunters are getting out of those by their breach of contract, as they failed to deliver promised marketing. Either way doesn't matter...do yourself a favor and visit with all the e-ticket people and go with the company that CHARGES you the least!!!!!!

From what I can see that company is Click N Print. Ticketweb clearly is the most expensive.

The cheapest route is to do it yourself! Not very difficult but if you go with an online ticketing company make sure you sign NO long term deal, keep it year to year so if you're not happy you can switch to someone else. And make sure you're getting the best deal not only for yourself but for your customers.

You have a lot of options this year! If it was up to me I'd do Click N Print, I really like those guys! They seem to be trying to work with the little guy!

Larry

ClusterOne
01-29-2007, 03:18 AM
I would have to agree, they seem to offer the best deal from the research I have done on the subject.

We came very close to signing with the "A*S RAPI*G" company last year, so glad I decided to look around before doing anything!

Empressnightshade
01-29-2007, 09:24 AM
We went with Etix (http://www.etix.com/ticket/online/).

Paul from Etix treated our little haunt like we were one of the big guys...with respect. Their customer service was great!

I recommend them. That's who we're going to use this season, as well. :D

Empressnightshade
01-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I would have to agree, they seem to offer the best deal from the research I have done on the subject.

We came very close to signing with the "A*S RAPI*G" company last year, so glad I decided to look around before doing anything!

Joel,

You should really check out Etix if you're going to be selling tickets online this season. Paul is amazing! He and the rest of ETIX will be at Transworld. Stop by their booth.

Remember the call I made to you last year about us combining our haunts together on one special priced ticket and making that option available online? It was through ETIX that I wanted to do this. If online ticketing is your choice this year, we should do this. However, it will only work if it's through them since that's who we're sticking with. :)

01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
We also used Etix last year and it went very well. Paul was great to deal with.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyinetntionshaunt.com

ClusterOne
01-29-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks Gwen! I will check them out, sounds good. And by the way, my wife is happy you are going to be there, she was feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of testosterone in the air. Even things out a bit for her! :wink:

I remember you were not a big fan of my idea to do a Sacramento Haunted House 'ring' type of thing. Kind of a lunch punch card, but for haunts. But having a straight discount online would be cool, and I think it would benefit all involved.

Did anyone else do that discount thing with you last year?

Empressnightshade
01-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I remember you were not a big fan of my idea to do a Sacramento Haunted House 'ring' type of thing. Kind of a lunch punch card, but for haunts. But having a straight discount online would be cool, and I think it would benefit all involved.

Did anyone else do that discount thing with you last year?

Joel, if I remember correctly, I let you know that I was extremely busy and didn't have the time for a "ring type thing." It wasn't that I was against it. Keep in mind that not only am I pretty much trying to operate a haunt alone, but am also the head of a nonprofit, as well. The online tickets would be soooo much easier and something that takes very little effort on my part.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone to be on a special discount ticket deal with us. Gyros and Fright Planet do not use ETIX. Smaller haunts like Scare U do not do online ticket sales. And the other haunts I contacted are doing the thing of haunting under the radar. What I mean by that is, no fire marshall inspection involved, no temporary permit and working under the "asking for donations" for admission. No hope of online ticketing at all there. However, I'm hoping that will change this season.