PDA

View Full Version : Our vacation and visit to Ghosts and Legends Queen Mary

xxxdirk
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Just got back from our cruise yesterday and had a blast. Our ship was parked next to the Queen Mary and so we wandered over to it. And they offer three tours. The 1st is the traditional one, the second is the guided tour where they take you to the haunted parts of the ship and talk about the histyory of the haunting, the third is the Ghosts and Legends tour. An interactive special effects tour of the hauntings. GUYS! if you ever get achance, you gotta check this out! WARNING spoiler alert! I will tell you everything I recall, so if you want to be surprised when you go, skip this next paragraph.

After boarding the ship, you are brought into a room where actual footage of the ship is shown as a guide talks about the history of the ship and the paranormal activity. Next you walk though the halls decked out and lit very nicely complete with spiderwebs etc. The 1st room you visit is the swimmiming pool. You are on the balcony looking down and as the guide talks about the activity, suddenly the lights change to a more spooky effect, the pool fills with fog, you see a light come on in the locker room, the pool gate opens, you hear the pitter patter of feet you hear spashing and then screaming for help and then you get splattered from behind with water! Very cool. Next you make your way through more of the ship, decorated with webs and skeletons and fingd yourself looking down 6 flights into what was the boilerroom. You board an evelater and decend into the huge room that held the boilers and end up 35' below the waterline. The room begins to glow red, as the room recreates when the boiler exploded killing a sailor. Suddenly, a huge blast of fog with a great sounding of an explosion. YOur last experience is after you go forward, to where the ship had collided with another ship during ww2. As you stand there and the guide tells you this, the hull of the ship is breached and water pours into the hold.

All in all I found the tour to be a great time and the effects VERY cool. THe best part of the tour is the fact that you are sitting in a ship that has a real history of haunting and the sets are all realistic looking as they are the real thing.

The best part of OUR tour was that I had mentioned to our guide, Dustin, that I had a haunt, and he took my family and I on a persoanl tour of the haunt that was still up from this past season. During Halloween, they offer the tour I was on, but they also have 2 mazes up in the parking lot and 1-2 inside the ship too, plus the tour we took. One of the mazes takes about 30 minutes to go through, many of the visitors spend 1-2 hours once they enter the 1st maze til they have gone through everything! They still had a lot of sets up and Dustin was nice enough to take us through and let us see some of the fun sets.

All in all it was worth it and best of all, being a haunt owner, I can now write off my plane ticket, car rental, meals, the tour and lots of other stuff too cause I wsa doing "business". On the cruise, they had a magician, so now I can write off the cruise too!!

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=136883435&albumID=0&imageID=1839059422

xxxdirk
01-29-2007, 09:59 AM
btw, can anyone explain why my pic is not showing up?

SpFXChic
01-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Not sure if it'll work, but try putting [/img] at the end of the link.

Sounds like you had a great time, Ron! We're glad to have ya back!

xxxdirk
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
hmmm., still is not showing up......

Infoamtek
01-29-2007, 06:09 PM
You need at the front and at the end. You have a [/img] at the front and a [img] at the end.

xxxdirk
01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Well info, I fixed that, but still nothin. Any other ideas?

Tattoo
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Here ya go........

http://a64.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/2/l_f612bfacdc86f9510310c78b3c6d84ff.jpg

drfrightner
01-29-2007, 09:06 PM
I love old ships, especially sunken ones.

I will tell you the coolest ship I've ever seen was the old SS United States rusting away in Philly. That would make the most awesome haunted house I will tell you! You can find a lot of websites about this boat on line with lots of cool pics. There is NO cooler boat than this one!

Larry

Nightgore
01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Larry,
Then you would love USS Nightmare in Cincy! It's a great haunt on a creepy/rusty old boat. I attended on a Wed. night and had NO LINE!!!! It was still awesome though... LOVE IT! -Tyler

drfrightner
01-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Are you saying its open year around?

Larry

Nightgore
01-30-2007, 05:37 AM
No, only in October... but I went on a Wed. in October. -Tyler