PDA

View Full Version : Went to Netherworld

scarygoat
10-05-2009, 09:46 AM
On our way home from Florida we stopped by Netherworld. We had done the Universal Halloween Horror Nights while we were in Orlando, and I must say, Netherworld beat all the HHN houses put together. They put on an amazing show. The sets were fantastic and the actors topped it all off. A few times in Blood Night I literally though a wall was falling on me, lol. And Zombie Rampage was awesome too. Someone in my group actually peed their pants when getting chased by the chainsaw guy LMAO! The parking lot actors did a great job, their costumes were awesome too! One thing that set Netherworld apart from HHN ( on top of all the other stuff) was the way they put people though the haunts. HHN had to shuffle people through in a line because there was so many people. So we would see someone jump out ahead of us at somebody else, then they would skip us because they knew we say them. Plus we couldn't move at the speed we wanted to because someone in the way front was moving REALLY SLOW. The you have people with flashlights shinning them every where telling us where to go and its like "WE KNOW WHERE TO GO." I know they were security, but they really didn't need to have their flashlights on the whole time. Netherworld put people in with their OWN group only and spaced it out so it made the experience a whole lot better. Great job guys!

Jake

freak 'n' stein
10-05-2009, 11:09 PM
When we went last weekend (opening weekend) they spaced us out too. I think that'll just be for the slow nights though. It WAS an amazing show though. The fact we did the lights on tour BEFORE our regular tour we all thought the experience wouldn't be AS frightening, but once the AWESOME actors got in place, the show was THAT much betterrr!!! I could live in Netherworld. haha. The HUGE mirror got me BOTH times!!!

Gravely
10-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Netherworld is absolutely on my bucket list

scarygoat
10-07-2009, 05:15 PM
LMAO YES that damn mirror.

Banshee
10-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the kind words about Netherworld!! :D
I would love to get down to Orlando myself one of these seasons.. We did the HHN backstage tour for IAAPA and the sets were awesome, but would love to see the park in full action..

Allen H
10-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Gravely,
Castle Blood is on my bucket list. As is Netherworld.
have a great season all,
Allen H

scarygoat
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words about Netherworld!! :D
I would love to get down to Orlando myself one of these seasons.. We did the HHN backstage tour for IAAPA and the sets were awesome, but would love to see the park in full action..

Yes, the sets are awesome at HHN! I have to say that. But the way everyone got put through and had to stand still quite a few times because of the jams of people made each house much less enjoyable. There were a few actors that did a very good job, but most of them seemed to just... I don't know... not do enough? I don't really know how to explain it.

maliciousstudios
10-08-2009, 02:28 PM
We are going to try to hit Netherworld for our Aniversary Oct.28th ....

We hope to find the time..... "LOOK OUT BEN !"

voodoo willy
10-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I just went through Netherworld and Zombie rampage last night. I must agree with Scarygoat. I thought Netherworld Had great actors and GREAT SETS!! We was on our way back home from Universals HHN and killed a couple of hours in Atlanta just so I could go through the show. HHN did have some great effects but it was like a congo line inside and way to dark in some areas. You knew the detail was there just couldn't see it. Hell in some spots you couldn't even see the scares.

I got at Netherworld about 10 minutes till opening and they let me go through Zombie Rampage by myself...very cool...but it was hard to beat Netherworld. I loved the outdoor feel in some areas. Even though the lines hadn't formed yet Ben had the scare actors out in the parking lot doing their thing.

Great Job Ben. Hope to get the opportunity to go through with the lights on sometime.

Have a great season.

freak 'n' stein
10-08-2009, 10:40 PM
I just went through Netherworld and Zombie rampage last night. I must agree with Scarygoat. I thought Netherworld Had great actors and GREAT SETS!! We was on our way back home from Universals HHN and killed a couple of hours in Atlanta just so I could go through the show. HHN did have some great effects but it was like a congo line inside and way to dark in some areas. You knew the detail was there just couldn't see it. Hell in some spots you couldn't even see the scares.

I got at Netherworld about 10 minutes till opening and they let me go through Zombie Rampage by myself...very cool...but it was hard to beat Netherworld. I loved the outdoor feel in some areas. Even though the lines hadn't formed yet Ben had the scare actors out in the parking lot doing their thing.

Great Job Ben. Hope to get the opportunity to go through with the lights on sometime.

Have a great season.

I wouldn't compare Zombie Rampage and BLOOD NIGHT...both were entertaining. Ben's son, Max, showed us all the BTS goodies in both shows, so I found an appreciation for both. Max was really proud of the scares he built, and rightfully so!! He's gotta be the luckiest kid. BLOOD NIGHT was amazing because of all the actor stunts...I've never been to a haunt which used them, so I was realllllly inspired. Zombie Rampage gets my HUGE thumbs up for it's originality in concept and product tie-in. I DEFINITELY bought the Zombie Rampage energy drink...lol...

"DISNEYWORLD for grown-kids!!!"

voodoo willy
10-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Not really comparing the two just saying out of the two Blood night was my favorite. :p

scarygoat
10-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Both haunts were great, but I probably did like Blood Night the best just because I am into that kind of theme. I have to agree with HHN being too dark in each house, it was hard to see a lot of things. Leave it to Cleaver had good lighting I thought, but most of the others did not.