HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: What is the most important factor in creating a sucessful house haunt?

Voters
156. You may not vote on this poll
  • scenery/fascades

50 32.05%
  • sound

10 6.41%
  • fog/lighting

7 4.49%
  • props

16 10.26%
  • actors

73 46.79%

Thread: HOW TO BUILD A HOUSE HAUNT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostsheep View Post
    How big did some of you guys get your home haunts before you moved them? I would love to have a stand alone yearly attraction, but I don't wanna get the cart before the horse.
    Ours was about 15 min. involved garage, driveway,front yard and side of the house with around 13 to 16 actors and we ran the home haunt for 14 years we are now on our 21st year haunting. We are now a pro haunt and are half hour to 45 min and runs best with about 25 actors min. We are making a second one this year.
    Last edited by Dreamreaper; 01-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

2. Default  
    Hello, everyone! I want to build a haunted house, kind of. Actually, we own a spooky military bombshell. The bombshell is about 1200 square meters (0,3 acres), it is fireproof, clean and safe. Safety is our number one priority. I want to build a bunch of decorations in Silent Hill theme, Texas Chainsaw Massacre theme, etc (a lot of ideas, actually). And, of course, we plan to use the actors.

But, the main question is - have you ever been sued because of the reason like "they scared me SO MUCH that i peed myself, some other guests laughed at me and now i feel unconfident and uncomfortable"? Yes, i do realise that scary things supposed to scare people and guests pay to get scared, but... what if? Do you have problems with that issue? How do you solve it?

P.S. I'm sorry for my english, english language is not my native.

Best regards, Dmitry.

Thread Information