HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: fun night! deadend dungeon pics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    thank you guys so much for the positive comments. taking everything down is almost as much work. we have 65 wall panels that all need to move back to the shed =P. and by the way, im 17 years old. hope to open a pro haunt after college
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

2. Default  
    You did great ^^

I've got a few questions if you don't mind answering ;3

- What are your panels made out of? How did you make them? How did you attach them together. (I've currently got my plans on how, I just want to compare ;3)
    - The outer wall, that looks like castle/stones, what is that?
    - Do you just paint on your panels? Or do you do anything special to them first?
    - Your roof looks like it is made of black plastic sheeting. How waterproof is your haunt?

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by HauntsForHealth View Post
    You did great ^^

I've got a few questions if you don't mind answering ;3

- What are your panels made out of? How did you make them? How did you attach them together. (I've currently got my plans on how, I just want to compare ;3)
    - The outer wall, that looks like castle/stones, what is that?
    - Do you just paint on your panels? Or do you do anything special to them first?
    - Your roof looks like it is made of black plastic sheeting. How waterproof is your haunt?
    The panels are made from 1/4 inch osb board or 1/4 inch plywood and screwed into 2x3 frames. I would use all plywood because is lighter and alot easier to manage, but you may need to but cross supports in the middle. all are 4 feet wide and just a few inches short of 8 feet tall (so that they could fit in my garage).

They are all attached using 3 inch screws and 2 inch screws depending on where they meet. I plan on posting a wall panel tutorial on my website soon.

Castle is 1/4 inch plywood painted dark gray and the black lines are just done with a small half inch brush. we then lightly applied black spray paint.

Paint is applied directly to walls. some take two coats.

The roof was just giant sheet of 6mil black plastic. It was 25' by 20' which covered the extension of haunt perfectly. We had a very large tent ready to be placed over it all just in case of rain but didnt need it. We have never really built a water proof roof, just prayed for no rain. I believe terror syndicate has a good video on wall panels, construction, and roof systems, but i have not seen it. try terrorsyndicate.com

Hope this helps
    Last edited by dshaunt; 11-05-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

4. Default  
    17?!?!?!?!?! Go to Transworld then, I want to meet you dude! We could all just hang out together!
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

XANA Creations
    MAC Productions presents:
    Friday Night Tech

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by badlander2000 View Post
    17?!?!?!?!?! Go to Transworld then, I want to meet you dude! We could all just hang out together!
    Haha thanks im thinking about going this time
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

6. Default  
    Nice job...one of these days I'm going to retire from my other haunt and build a really cool home haunt!!! It just looks like so much fun!

Larry

Thread Information