HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Costume Idea

Hybrid View

1. Default Costume Idea 
    I know the seasons just about ten months away, but I cant stop thinking about a costume for next year.

Im currently saving up to buy a CFX mask that I fell in love with the second I saw the picture.

I just finished my first season of acting and I feel like this mask will just take me to the next level.

Links:

http://compositeeffects.com/sm_yorick.htm

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs32/f/20...rd_the_imp.jpg

I work at a 3 house haunt and we have a large variety of rooms.

Im looking to create a few costumes with this mask so Im able to work in different rooms and look fitting for each room.

So far all I've got is a butler type character where I'd get a tuxedo, bloody it up and mabye a top hat with a cane? Which would be fitting for the front rooms in 2 of our houses.

Any ideas that you guys have would be great, I'm saving up alot of money for any type of costume.

2. Default  
    What are the themes of the three houses, a voo-doo witch doctor could be done with him but it might not fit. Help us help you.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    This year we are replacing our asylum haunt so I am unsure of one untill probably july.

The other 2 houses, House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs have slightly random themes.

House of Horrors is more of a house of the dead feeling with your bed rooms, dining room, living room, kitchen and a that jazz that breaks into a jungle, a temple and a crypt.

Haunted Catacombs starts out the same but has a huge front room in which guests travel upstairs and then into a big library maze room. After those 2 rooms we have a few house like scences and then into a egyptial hallway, a mirror maze, tunnels, black light door maze and then into a huge graveyard scence. In that scence we have a butcher shop, a hilbilly house, a mousloeum and the rest is a very foggy graveyard and cemetary feeling.

I was told were doing completly new layouts this year so we'll probably add alot more to the houses.

I prefer being in a "house environment" or a cemetary more than anything.

I love playing a zombie like character that puts on a physical show.

4. Default  
    Since it's a generic human character, you could do anything with it! You could add hats -like you said- ,maybe even wigs and different accesories to change it up!
    Nice mask! It could work as a well dressed character or in rags as a 'fresh out of the dirt' character..
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

5. Default  
    Try giving him an occupation and go from there. I find personalities can come from that.
    Try jobs like
    Garbage man
    Electrician
    plumber
    maintenance man

These could lead to some fun characters, good luck
    Allen H

6. Default  
    Maintenance man might be perfect for me, its my off-haunt season job at my local supermarket.

All I would need for that is a simple jump suit, cover it up in some cfx blood and grab a mop drenched in blood.

Banshee you just reminded me of our icon charater that was used for advertising years back. It would be a very fitting costume to just come in rags amd go into one of our cemetary scenes. I wouldnt look exactly the same but it'd be pretty close.

Im really liking the idea of maintenance man now, I know we'll be saving our bathroom set from our asylum house so this idea would work out perfect. I'm already thinking of lines I could throw at guests.

Any ideas that you guys have just keep throwing them out there. Im looking to have at least 3 or 4 costumes for this mask so any input would be of great help.

Thread Information