HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: New at the Darkness 2010

Hybrid View

1. Default New at the Darkness 2010 
    We will be building and installing control systems into EVERY single actor scare box (places actors hide) and what they will do is when the actor jumps out he will be able to step on a pad, or flip a switch or simply activate with his motion triggered sound FX and or lighting.

In other words if the actor is a werewolf you will hear SPECIAL FX sound of a REAL werewolf not some actor with a silly growl.

This way you could have even a terrible actor get a scare, or a great actor get a better scare, and make the actor more believable.

We will be installing about 30 of these systems in the Darkness prior to our 2010 TOur of the Darkness at Transworld's Hauntshow.

If you come to the tour you can do the behind the scenes tour and see how it works, and trigger them! I think all haunts will be installing these over the years... we're evern having made a shotgun for example that will trigger sound of a real shotgun, blah, blah! Should be fun!

Larry

2. Default  
    Awesome idea Larry!
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    In other words if the actor is a werewolf you will hear SPECIAL FX sound of a REAL werewolf not some actor with a silly growl.

Larry
    Sorry, Larry, but Werewolves aren't real.

But anyway, is this something that you are creating on your own, or are you purchasing these?

-=coasterbp

4. Default audio repeater 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    I did a very similar effect in our haunt this past year. I had an audio track that started off with some quiet wispers and then some very intense yelling. In stead of having my actor in that area screaming all night, I recorded that audio onto an audio repeater, wired it up to basically a stereo, and ran out a push button switch from the audio repeater to a place my actors could get to it.

Worked out extremely well. As Larry mentioned it really didn't matter what actor I had in that position. As long as they had the timing down, it was a great scare everytime.
    Kelly Anderson
    House of Shadows Sparta Wisconsin
    http://www.house-of-shadows.org/
    Owner-Haunt Your House.net
    http://www.hauntyourhouse.net

5. Default  
    Oh this sounds like what Frightprops is making.
    Is it?
    Here is the link http://www.frightprops.com/FrightPro...ct.asp?ID=0880

Its pretty cool.

6. Default  
    Any controller such as haunted enterprises's controller and mp3 player can do this as well..

7. Default  
    We're actually using a slick new controller that hasn't been released publicly yet...but will be at TW this year. It features amplified stereo audio pus a single relay output for controlling lights or whatever. Not only is it triggereable, but there are plenty of nifty little extras like the ability to trigger right and left audio channels independently. And the price, you're going to LOVE it!!! No...I'm not making it...but I think it's pretty cool. I;ve said too much already. You'll see it at the show.
    Kip Polley
    www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
    We Engineer Fear

Thread Information