HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Curious

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    i have to work three times as hard at my regular job just to pay the bank note. as far as last year ,coka cola make a product called full throttle. it works pretty good at getting you from five oclock to midnight. after we closed for the season i work a few hours every night. if im not working overtime at my regular job to pay the bills

2. Default  
    I work at a local lumber mill that actually is on both sides of our small town (my business partner works on the other side of town)...
    I operate a machine that requires a lot of overtime at times and it is stressful...
    This year (was supposed to be last year) we're hoping to run our haunt for the first time. We are able to work on the building as soon as the owner of the complex empties it and should be able to work evenings all spring/summer until we open (hopefully end of September).
    Getting started seems to be the catch...the passion is there but the emptying of the building and stuff can bog a person down, along with the job.
    But my love and passion for haunts will push me through!

Kirk :twisted:
    DARK DOMAIN HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Dirk, Can you teach someone self-hypnosis?
    Do you self-hypnotise yourself to turn off your sackz-appeal when surrounded by screaming young girls?
    This would be a handy talent, if it could work this way?

4. Default  
    Manitowoc Wisconsin www.nightmarefactoryhaunt.com
    Thanks Sean,
    Last year was a major challenge from having to find a new place on Sept 8th, move everything out of that location, move everything into my new location on Sept 11th, redesign on the fly, having to leave town on the 13th-16th for a prior commitment and have my small crew try to understand my chalk marks on the floor, and then open on time on October 6th only to have my Dad die on Oct 11th. So yeah, it was an interesting season. Hopefully this year will be a LOT less stressful.

BTW, while I am on the topic, to give you an idea of the Wisconsin haunt community, Tattoo from Terror, and Dave from Shawano Manor called me on Sept 9th and offered my crew a place to haunt. Dave even offered to put up an extra haunt tent and allow me to run my own haunt on their property! And Kevin & Randy from Rockford's Screamfest offered to let me borrow some of their equipment and even offered to drive up and help build on a weekend!

I am truly blessed to have such good friends in the community.
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

5. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    BTW, while I am on the topic, to give you an idea of the Wisconsin haunt community, Tattoo from Terror, and Dave from Shawano Manor called me on Sept 9th and offered my crew a place to haunt. Dave even offered to put up an extra haunt tent and allow me to run my own haunt on their property! And Kevin & Randy from Rockford's Screamfest offered to let me borrow some of their equipment and even offered to drive up and help build on a weekend!
    OMG! That's SO FREAKIN AWESOME! Thanks for sharing that Ron! I love to hear stories like this. These are the types of things that keep us all going! This is the kind of energy that is going to drive the IAHA to new depths and new heights for the haunted attraction industry!

Kel

6. Default  
    Well my brother lives in LA and our haunt is up here in Sacramento (about 7 hour drive). He would drive, or fly up every weekend starting in Sept. He almost lost his day job for taking the week around Halloween off, and he did it anyways, what a true haunter! I would start sometime in August, of course while working a reg 40hr job. The schedule was re-fricking-diculus!! All this for a haunt that was open for 3 days!

Speaking of energy drinks, I would say that this year our haunt was the haunted house that Monster built. We bought that stuff by the case load! (thanks costco) Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me any more, I think my blood is %65 caffeine now! I wonder what we will use this year.... :roll:

7. Default  
    Im a smuck, I work as a FULL time EMT for a private ambulance company. I am also using my experiance as a Emt for emergancys that may come up at the haunt.

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Jast I don't know if this means anything or not, but some of my best and biggest fans over the last 20 years have been medically trained people, Doctors, nurses, morticians, chiropracters!
    Some have offered the guess that it may have something to do with a morbid sense of humor, gallows humor if you will?
    Of course they do get to mentally cut-loose here and laugh and anticipate what might be happening next to their friends, ex cetra, but of course this is the same thing everyone else gets to feel and consider here too.
    I believe that any haunt customer (a real customer here of their own free will, not being drug in by their friends kicking and pleading) have to be people who have some confidence in this life or at least some measurable "smarts" on certain levels, humor potential helps alot too.
    Identifying the customer makes it more possible to track them down and lay a trap for them outside their front door! (Insert evil laugh here~)

Thread Information