HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Following Bust

1. Default Following Bust 
    Looking for a How To on making a Following Bust like the one in Disneys Haunted Mansion

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Your answer is : "Voodoo!"

This has been disscussed here before . Scan through some old threads, it's there already somewhere?

3. Default  
    Abracadaver sells a good one. Got one, me happy with it.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

4. Default  
    OK, so I know I'm an ametuer, but I cannot find any previous posts. If you find it, please let me know what you searched for...I tried about twenty different things.

5. Default  
    you would laugh if you saw how easy this prop is to make.i built a few.i will message you instructions

6. Default  
    your gonna need a thin hard plastic mask or bust to start.build a shaddow boxwith front side open.then take your mask face,remember if its a whole mask you need to cut it in half.living masks like the skull one works great because the light shines through.then trace the outer outline of the mask on the piece of plywood and cut the shape out.next tack your mask into the hole you made.once the mask is secure.install the mask board 6 inches deep into the front side of your shaddow box.make sure you face the mask toward the inside of the box because this effect works on negative reflexion.after this step install a small light into the back of your shaddow box by drilling a small hole.adjust the light to maximize the effect but at that point your face will follow you

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by wipp
    your gonna need a thin hard plastic mask or bust to start.build a shaddow boxwith front side open.then take your mask face,remember if its a whole mask you need to cut it in half.living masks like the skull one works great because the light shines through.then trace the outer outline of the mask on the piece of plywood and cut the shape out.next tack your mask into the hole you made.once the mask is secure.install the mask board 6 inches deep into the front side of your shaddow box.make sure you face the mask toward the inside of the box because this effect works on negative reflexion.after this step install a small light into the back of your shaddow box by drilling a small hole.adjust the light to maximize the effect but at that point your face will follow you

wipp thank you for the shared information. where did you learn this? have any pictures of your work??

anyone else know of any how-to sites for this prop in general?

8. Default  
    i built my first one in 2000 after i came home from disney world i was still on my creative high.i read on the internet the patent disney used to make the prop.well i got a thin half mask and made a crude shaddow box outta cardboard just to try it.and i pluged it in and i went dam wtf????its perfectttt,so then i painted liq latex on a bust of mozart.layered it up till i got what i needed and that worked great also.my 3rd was the one that actually looks the best.on ebay you can buy a womans face that is made to covers over a styrofoam wighead.she looks great because its her face and neck and all her features stand out.if anyone is having a prob with my crappy instructions message me and i will explain better

9. Default  
    this websight will explain better http://hauntedportraits.com/graphics...nsion-Bust.pdf

Thread Information