HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Video Repeaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Brandon,
    I believe he is selling this player: http://www.medeawiz.com/products/Dv68.htm

I actually used these to play videos on plasmas in a lobby. Not bad at all.
    Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

2. Default thats correct 
    yes they are the media wiz players, I have been using them for three years now and love them.

http://www.hauntedenterprises.com/efx.html#videovinyls

3. Default  
    I actually have 2 of the MW units, DV-68's with the DV-66K contact closure input.

Word of warning to anyone using them, while they're fine for looping video and for a "single" scare type of deal, those are the units that I had the most issues with for being "lazy", meaning they didn't always start on time. This creates a big issue when you're syncing the rest of a room or scene around a video. It's kind of a buzz kill with the air blast goes off 3 seconds before the video scare plays.

They're well built units and all, but they defintely have their issues.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

We're headlining the HauntCon 2012 tour! We hope to see you there!

A big thanks to all of those who came out to visit us on the '09 MHC Pre-Con Tour!

4. Default Thanks for the heads up 
    Thanks for the heads up. I have mainly used them to trigger just video. I used an animation mystro to trigger player and prop a couple of times but it was in a circumstance that I would not have noticed a small delay.

5. Default  
    If you want TRUE video sync, look to the Alcorn players...
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting

6. Default How much? 
    I put in a request for a quote from Alcorn. Do you know what these players cost?

7. Default  
    Absolutely, We are dealers of the Alcorn McBride equipment. Please email me (darktechfx at gmail.com) with what equipment your looking for and I would be happy to give you a price quote. Or if your not sure what equipment you need just let me know what your looking to accomplish and if you need SD or HD video, inputs, triggers, etc. Thanks!
    Best,
    Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting

8. Default  
    Sent you an e-mail look forward to getting more info.

9. Default Digital View 
    We use Digital View players. They are cheap and effective. Formatting the video with any one of the players is always kinda fun but once you have it setup these guys work great. We have three of them synched together so we can trigger 3 screens at the same time. Cheap and effective being the operative word with these systems.

Thread Information