HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Walls

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Walls 
    Would it be safe or a good idea to do all walls with old wood pallots? I just thought this good be something to get for free or little cost.

2. Default  
    Skids are hard to fire retard plus a real bitch to pull apart.

I have about 500 single and double-sided wall panels in my MN warehouse. Good price. Contact me if interested.

Doug.
    www.FrightProps.com
    [/url]

3. Default  
    I have done business with Frightprops and have had nothing but great experience. Actually I have an order in right now....if you want to buy walls, I would highly recomend.

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Not all pallets are created equal.
    Some have beautiful wood, some are as rough and skanky as you can imagine.
    Many around here are made from oak, very hard to nail, then it might split. Real heavy too.
    I was recently given some pretty nice pallet wood it came all the way from France as crates containing car parts, I don't know what I'm going to use it for, maybe I'll go into the "Side-Of-The -Road-Grandpa-Birdhouse" business? Not much competition there....hahahaha!
    "Look out you whittlers! Here I come!"
    (Featuring a secret room for Mr. Tuxedo so he can give birdies a good scare!)

5. Default  
    Pallets make some fun "Texas Chainsaw" type walls. But I would suggest that you build plywood walls 1/2 way up - as in lay a sheet of 4X8 on it's side - and then put the pallets above. It looks cool because you can see some things through the slats, but you can't see exactly WHAT.

It also keeps the plywood down where people would be 'feeling their way along' and the splittery pallets higher so they are less likely to be touched.
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

6. Default  
    You can buy pallets with a fire and insect rating, they are treated for international shipment. Call a pallet company, yellowpages, and ask. They are not to much different in price.

Matt
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

7. Default  
    I love pallet walls! It gives a different feel to a haunt when you have solid walls and then suddenly everything goes pallet. We build our pallet walls by fastening two that are of equal size with 2 x 4s on each side. And not all pallets are created equal. As you will see in one of the pics, we scored several pallets that were 2' wide and approximately 8' tall. Perfect for many things!

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Pretty pictures Empress.
    I would be tempted to paint some of those pallets black and white transforming them into key boards!
    Let the Music begin!

9. Default  
    its a good idea cause it seems like pallets find a way to reproduce when im not there.everytime i throw one away,2 more appear

10. Default  
    It might make a nice room or two but I wouldn't do the whole thing that way. Just the way it looks, like someone put up a bunch of used pallets?

Pallets tend to be quite heavy compared to single sided walls If you weigh more than 230 pounds and it is all muscle go for it.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Thread Information