HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Line management suggestions?

1. Default Line management suggestions? 
    we are setting up our midway and we are trying to figure out how to set up our line, is there a rule of thumb for calculating people per square feet? Once we get our midway in place, we won't have a lot of room to make last minute changes.

Last year, on our biggest night, we had to go out and add 7-8 rows of line roping to fit everyone... we are trying to avoid that this season.

any suggestions?
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

2. Default Answering my own question... 
    (I'm just updating old posts that I've asked questions on... and found answers the hard way) We pulled an average of square feet/person for our lines. Our rows are 4' wide, and people stand in bunches. I think we could do better line management if people are in a single file line at 2, or 2.5' wide. But we figure that each guest will take approx 8 square feet. Sounds high... but do the math.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

3. Default When Figuring 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Did you allow for that personal space zone where people feel comfortable being around , but not mushed together?
    Then there are the clearances allowed for gas passing, spitting chewing tobbacco, bending over to tie one's shoes(looking up a skirt while you're down there?)
    "Take him away officer!" Now there's more room in the line!
    Do you have any overhead protection at all incase of rain?
    I usually put up a 20 by 10 tent and build solid side walls for it, this holds just enough bodies who are waiting for the next time the door opens. I build the walls using solid pallets all screwed together since this all is in a parking lot. Maybe it gives some better protection from wreckless driving?

Thread Information