HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prerequisite for haunt workers in Ill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Prerequisite for haunt workers in Ill. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Something new and enforced:Criminal backround checks .
    The law was to eliminate sexual perverts from carnivals and they spread it to encompass ski lodges and Haunted Houses.
    There will be records kept, checked with a visible sticker on the exterior of the house to show compliance.
    Don't wait til October and assume this can all get done in 10 minutes or such.
    I'm just thankfull I was behind the camera instead of infront of it for Jesse Jame's last couple of flings!!!
    Yes I "Passed" the check, so did my Wife.
    The state will send a man to affix the sticker, why? Because I guess they already caught some house printing a fake one!
    Say it ain't so.

2. Default  
    Whew... lucky you Jim. I know Jesse isn't happy though.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

3. Default  
    It isn't a requirement in Ohio yet; but I know of a lot haunts that are doing checks on their entire staff.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

4. Default I Kinda Think 
    Such checks would not have caught John Gacy when he was once Illinois JC "Man of the Year "
    Or when he was once Iowa's JC "Man of the Year", I'm assuming it was when all JCs were doing haunts..can't you just see him in the dark wearing his clown costume.
    You just can't trust some people. You just can't trust some people in the dark.
    Pray the lights don't fail in the statehouse! Illinois has to lead the country in jailbird governors.
    (I hope they were all guilty, none framed.)

5. Default  
    Jim didnt you use to work at a ski lodge? And you were a Jaycee. And I know you have been to a carnival or two in your day. And now you run a haunt. Im pieceing all the pieces of the puzzle together now. Im going to stumble on your Bumbles the clown suit under the floor boards soon. I've got your number buddy and it involves three 6's im sure. On the same day of the murder you purchased 13 razor blades at the hardware store on the corner of 5th and Garret. 5th and Garret. 13 unlucky for some. I will catch you JIM!
    Damon
    Last edited by damon carson; 04-14-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Damon Carson

6. Default You sound like... 
    the murder in Missouri, blood was dripping from the ceiling in an apartment complex. It was from the refrigerator where a guy's head was being kept!
    Someone had chopped him up, put some parts in a plastic garbage can, some in the fridge.
    A Discount store was just a 1/4 mile down the road, the ax and can were new, still had "Grandpa's" stickers on them..their surveilence film showed his ex-girlfriend buying the items not long before she severed their relationship.(and other body parts)
    She needed a REAL good lawyer.
    I guess it all happened when she found out she was not his only girlfriend, take heed young Mr. "D". (or wear a steel collar, maybe one down there too?)

7. Default  
    Wow! When and where was this Jim? Grandpas are usually in our around the St. Louis area. I would like the read the article about that crazy bitch!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    Yes St. louis is where it all happened. My Ex has family there and good friends, some of those friends work-worked? in the newspaper business, so yes it all happened, time passes though, it might have been as much as 15 years ago.
    The murderer might be out on early release, since it was obviously a crime of passion, so be carefull in your relationships, she might be out cruising looking for Mr. Right, or Mr. Right Now!
    I got the impression that Grandpa's was very close to the apartment building .

9. Default  
    Yikes! Scary stuff! Thats okay Im enjoying being single and all my body parts intact.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

10. Default So Damon, Who is this woman named... 
    "Tact"?
    I worked with a woman many years ago whose last name was "Tack".
    She was kinda sharp. Short woman. Talking to her was never pointless.
    Anybody could and did push her button!

Thread Information